OMG she won't stop telling me off!

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LOL...OK, I am never, EVER awake this early in the morning. But Penny seems to have a few things to say about being brought here by spending 8 hours in a tiny carrier and riding in a noisy, squished place, only to find she's where? She doesn't KNOW where. So she keeps waking me up to give me a piece of her mind.

And Ginger isn't too happy at the moment, either.

OK, so - my brain is befuddled from lack of sleep, but here's what we've had occur thus far:

First direct contact was through the space at the bottom of the doorway. Ginger growled low and deeply at Penny almost immediately. Penny just crouched there, backed away a bit to get better eye contact under the door, and then after I told Ginger that this is her new sister that I'd told her she's got to be nice to, the growling stopped and Penny came away from the door.

I then went into the kitchen and sat with Ferris and Ginger on the floor giving scritches and treats. Ferris was a little more standoffish with me - I'm afraid he may think he's no longer my baby, but we'll fix that idea right away. He's my little lovebug.

Then I prepared a dish of the Sheba that Penny likes, and put that near the dry food bowl and the fountain in my room. She's spending a lot of time under my bed, but came out and happily devoured her dish of wet (in two sittings over a couple of hours.)

She used the litter box for the first time around 3 a.m.
- I have another digger on my hands, LOL - thanks again for the giant litter box, Phenomsmom!

Off and on throughout the night (or early morning) I dozed in between Penny's bouts of wandering my room and my bed, meowing and meowing and meowing and meowing. Varying tones and volumes. From right beside my head to across the room meowing at the door - beyond which lay Ginger, meowing IN because I was gone away from home, and now I'm back, but locked in my room with ANOTHER INTERLOPER
and she needs to get to me to SAVE me!

When I came out of my room to get online, Ginger came bombing around the corner, meowing: "Mother, thank GOD you're alright! I was going out of my MIND with WORRY!" She scent marked me, then walked away to lay in the window watching the street and listening to the birds.

Ferris won't come near me yet.

I put vanilla on Ginger & Ferris last night, and will do the same for Penny in a little while. They are all going to have to meet sooner rather than later - my apartment is too small, and I can't spend every night awakened by a very opinionated young lady every 30 minutes.

Penny did spend some time exploring my bed and napped a bit on the end of it. I got her motor purring and discovered that she likes to be scratched with vigor under her chin, and enjoys a good belly rub.
But although she reveled in the attention, she DID tell me off the entire time.

I'm really looking forward to seeing how the formal introductions go...I just had another talk with Ginger about being nice. I told her that I understand that she needs to set the pecking order, but that she should still be as nice as possible about it. I guess we'll see if she heeds my advice. Penny can hold her own, LOL!

Oh - and Penny IS a very sweet girl, when she isn't being all mouthy.
And she is MUCH tinier than I was expecting - she's about the same size as Ginger, but looks smaller because she has short fur. But she's BUILT, lol...her muscles are all rippley.

OK...I think I'm going to try to lie down again...not quite ready to be up and about yet - I can't stop yawning!

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So what your saying is there is nothing like being loved!? Especially by 4 legged, sooo soft and fury, to smart to do tricks for treats, get what they want however they have to get it, cats!!!!!!!
Interesting how they teach us so much!
and we don't even realize it!

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ah the joys of being owned by an opinionated and mouthy cat
Do bengals tend to be vocal?

Radar is very very quiet (vocally quiet anyway) but Sonic is physically incapable of doing anything without giving a running commentary! He wanders around the bedroom at 3am and you can hear where he is because all of a sudden there will be a huge 'MMMEEEEOOOOAAWWW' from under the bed or on the windowsill. If he's not happy (ie. he's asleep on me and I move slightly and disturb his royal highness
) he makes a really deep growly grumbly yowling which sounds for all the world as if he's mumbling swearwords at me

I am sure Penny will settle in soon, I hope that Ginger and Ferris settle down easily too. Ginger is bound to be a bit upset at first, being the dominant female, but you just have to let them sort out the new heirarchy.

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mouthy and opinionated...

JUST LIKE HER MEOWMY!!

Topaz's comments are short and to the point. "Meh" - which means "when are you getting out of bed to feed me?"

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ahhh... the joys of a talker. Having a Tonk, I understand what it is like to hear meows and yowls at any time.

I'm just glad your home safe.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gemlady

Mouthy and opinionated...

JUST LIKE HER MEOWMY!!
I have absolutely no idea what you mean by that comment.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh man I can't wait to see how this all develops over the weekend!!
They'll sort themselves out before too long.

I have a prediction - Penny and Ferris will be best of friends by the end of the week

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Epona

Both of my Bengal's are extremely vocal. Angel who came from Nial's cattery, literally has conversations with me, and she does INDEED tell me what's on her mind. Simba let's off some loud yowls out of the blue, plus he trills and coo's and makes all kinds of different sounds, especially when he's about to get into some mischief. They are a trip.

leli

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We used to think that Lola was pretty loud, until we got Addie. Addie's nickname is Mouthpiece and it is well earned. She only stops when she's sleeping.

Good luck with the rest of the introductions. I hope everything goes smoothly and Penny can be integrated with Ginger and Ferris soon.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by theimp98

lol i think she is asking you
"hey human where is my wheel" hehe

"I've missed my 6pm, my 2am AND my 6:30am run, what have you done with the wheel woman?!?!?!?!"

Any updates??

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awwww, it sounds as if that will be the perfect place for Penny

Once everything settles down, it will be a family of fur...OMG, I just realized they outnumber you..I guess they did before though

siggav

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Epona

A lot of them, yes. My Nikita tends to keep a running commentary on things with very varying meows (going from the oh pity me now how can you not play with me when I'm bored!) up into more angry sounding, and then back to pitiful whenever she thinks she has anything to complain about.

Right now she's being very loud on account of me having worked abit later than usual so I got home at 8 rather than 5:30 like normally. Which is obviously VERY unfair.

The only thing that works to quiet her down is just to play lots with her until she's tired. I can't blame her though, she's an only cat and indoor only as well. I knew fully what I was getting myself into when I got a bengal.

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by theimp98

lol i think she is asking you
"hey human where is my wheel" hehe

Rosie may not be a bengal but i certainly know what it's like to hear her chatter on, and on, and on........Really, she speaks for Sophie as well i'm sure