Dear Customer..

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dear Customer,

Please remember that those who work behind a cash register are humans. And we are not stupid nobodies. You dont know our life story for all you know we could be an eccentric millonaire who likes to work in retail for fun.

so please..do not..

1)scream at me because your check is declined. I dont know why. I dont really care. I will politely inform you it will not process through our system and get not accept it. I am glad you say you have money in the bank, and want to show me your deposit slip. I still can not take your check if my system says no. Its not beause of your race, relgion any of that. Its the rules. everyone has to follow them even me.

2)please..get off your cell phone when your completeing a transaction at my register! I dont like being ignored. anymore than you would if i ignored you. Set it down...at least. PLEASE

3)Throw...the money or items at me. Hello...shall i throw your change and recipt at you?

4)snark at me becausey ou piled every thing on the counter watched me ring it up than announce OH i only wanted SOME items

5)argue with me because i cant take credit cards. Its not my rule.

and i could list more of my day today but.....i think i may have bored some of you, lol

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
yup..last day is june 4th..not that i am counting

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
nooo..not me..i love this job...*coughcough* the job itself isnt horrible the manager is great its the clientele..

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OH and heres another one..

YES the item really is priced..what the BIG STICKER ON IT says...not what you want it to be,no i cant change it..just for you.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ouch sorry to hear about your day

lol i do remember how pissed off i got when i was told the bank declined my atm card when i had over 9000 in checking, and all i wanted now was a pizza.

i had to call the bank to find out, that my old account and been one of the ones that was stolen , and they where sending me a new card. Would have been nice for them to call me, or email, that my account was now changed.

but sitll i did not not take it out on the women working the counter.

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ScamperFarms

Dear Customer,

Please remember that those who work behind a cash register are humans. And we are not stupid nobodies. You dont know our life story for all you know we could be an eccentric millonaire who likes to work in retail for fun.

so please..do not..

1)scream at me because your check is declined. I dont know why. I dont really care. I will politely inform you it will not process through our system and get not accept it. I am glad you say you have money in the bank, and want to show me your deposit slip. I still can not take your check if my system says no. Its not beause of your race, relgion any of that. Its the rules. everyone has to follow them even me.

2)please..get off your cell phone when your completeing a transaction at my register! I dont like being ignored. anymore than you would if i ignored you. Set it down...at least. PLEASE

3)Throw...the money or items at me. Hello...shall i throw your change and recipt at you?

4)snark at me becausey ou piled every thing on the counter watched me ring it up than announce OH i only wanted SOME items

5)argue with me because i cant take credit cards. Its not my rule.

and i could list more of my day today but.....i think i may have bored some of you, lol
Thank you for the great list of things I wish I could say to MANY customers some days! I swear people need to work in some sort of retail as a qualification for any other job in life so they can see what se all go through. Then maybe they wouldn't be so darn nasty.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thank you for reminding me why I don't miss my cashiering days...been considering going back to them to get out of my current job, but I guess my mind has forgotten that part! Glad your getting out of there!

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
thanks it is so frusteratig no matter how bad a day i am having i alwayts try to smile and be nice. and ugh. I swear today i had one lady chuck something at me...i was real...real...mad.

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I used to work in retail to support myself through college and that is so true. I have to say that most people were nice, polite and chatty, but it's the few who aren't who can really ruin your day.

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Dear Customer,
UGH I really hate that one! People do that everywhere. I hated when people would deposit large sums of cash and expect you to concentrate on counting while they babble on the phone loudly. Then they get upset when you have to recount it cause it doesn't add up and 99% of the time it is there error.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wish I could print that and hang it up in front of my cash at work.
It's so true....and I have to go to work in less than 2 hours.

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
well i had more money tossed at me today..

oh yea and a lady argued with me because i told her before she wrote a check i said she had to hve a valid STATE ID with matching info..

she gave me an out of COUNTRY ID (it did have her addy here on it..odd) but the names didnt match...So..uh..yeah

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aaaah, good ol' retail eh?

I used to work for years at two drugstores in College..and in Ottawa there are alot of french people...

They would talk bad about me in french (basically, they hate English people so they would yammer on about how dumb English people are)..anyway, my friend who worked the cash beside me was bilingual, and would tell the people that she understood them in french

That was the BEST

Retail does suck sometimes, but anyone that treats a cashier like crap has got huge issues and they need their head examined. What kind of a person can't even be civil in public?? A messed up one

lilleah

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Being a waitress for all my life, I know how some people are so darn mean, and ignorant, and don't think of you as anything.
I totally gotta agree with your sayings here. I could add like 50 more.
But my biggest thing (from yours) was the cellphone issue.
Really. Wherever you are, I dont care if it's a restaraunt, bank, grocery store, gas station, whatever, GET OFF YOUR CELLPHONE.
It's like these people want so much from US, but when we cant understand them, because they want a "chicken no wait a minute sandwich with ranch I am talking to the waitress on the side, no not a waitress on the side, ranch, I want ranch."
It's just dumb. Bluetooths make this so muh more impossible. Not only only are they on the phone, but when I see them, I think they are crazy, because they are talking to themselves (from my point of view)
The cell phone thing drives me NUTS.
Or I'll walk up to the table, and they wont even acknowledge me. Ugh. I do not miss that.
I feel ya...Man..Ugh.

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ugh yes i HATE bluetooth. seriously.

I just dont get why people have to be so rude I have never been so rude.

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

ugh yes i HATE bluetooth. seriously.

I just dont get why people have to be so rude I have never been so rude.
Because they have obviously never been in our shoes. In other words, behind the counter dealing with customers like themselves.