Those that live near theme parks

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
(or close to theme parks).

I've always been curious about this. Cedar Pointe is a rollar coaster park in Sandusky, OH. They seem to be advertising all the time that they have the "World's Longest/Tallest/Most loops, etc" Then the other day I saw a billboard on the way home that said
"Maverick: The World's first Hydrolic -" or something like that. Maybe the word was hyper.

anyhoo, do your theme parks boast this? I'm just wondering if "The World" means "The ENTIRE World" or if it just means The World = Ohio.

Just curious, that's all.

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
King's Island, Six Flags/Geauga Lake, and Cedar Point have been in a war my whole life over that.

I've noticed they keep picking really strange categories like "Longest straight drop" or "tallest wooden roller coaster"...

What an interesting topic you've started!

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
with Cedar Point they do mean the world. however Cedar point is not a theme park.

lol i still think cedar point is the best park i have ever been to. The have always been among the top parks in the world. With some of the best rides. There is only one reason to go there, and its to ride things

taurus77

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I used to (still sort-of do) live near Dollywood. I'm not sure what they boast anymore, but I do know its the first park owned by a woman with huge knockers!!

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Holiday World (Santa Claus, Indiana) is the one near me and they are always talking about their wooden coasters (The Raven, The Legend, and The Voyage) being voted the best in the world. (Never been on them because they don't accomodate people of my girth. )

That and the unlimited drink refills!

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lunasmom

(or close to theme parks).

I've always been curious about this. Cedar Pointe is a rollar coaster park in Sandusky, OH. They seem to be advertising all the time that they have the "World's Longest/Tallest/Most loops, etc" Then the other day I saw a billboard on the way home that said
"Maverick: The World's first Hydrolic -" or something like that. Maybe the word was hyper.

anyhoo, do your theme parks boast this? I'm just wondering if "The World" means "The ENTIRE World" or if it just means The World = Ohio.

Just curious, that's all.
It really does mean the world. Cedar Point is a roller coaster enthusiasts park, so when they build new ones they try to make it as unique as possible.

My brother's best friend designs roller coasters for a living, and Cedar Point is always looking at the latest, greatest, and most original ideas. He loves getting a contract from them.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by theimp98

with Cedar Point they do mean the world. however Cedar point is not a theme park.

lol i still think cedar point is the best park i have ever been to. The have always been among the top parks in the world. With some of the best rides. There is only one reason to go there, and its to ride things
Originally Posted by lookingglass

It really does mean the world. Cedar Point is a roller coaster enthusiasts park, so when they build new ones they try to make it as unique as possible.

My brother's best friend designs roller coasters for a living, and Cedar Point is always looking at the latest, greatest, and most original ideas. He loves getting a contract from them.
Thanks! Yeah, cause I always see Pizza joints in our area saying that they're voted best in the world. Don't know how or what category, but sometimes I'm a little skeptical.

Wow...I haven't heard of Holiday World before.

LOL...huge knockers.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
lol they have people from all over the world who come here to ride the roller coaster. I worked there for summer. Running live shows. WE used to get alot of people japan and Taiwan. I would assume that nothing has changed.

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Each year the longest, tallest can change based on whole built what over the off season. But yes, Cedar Pointe does have some of the top coaster int he world. I think they still have the one with the steepest vertical drop....

I love Cedar point. Been there at least 6 times.

taurus77

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just returned from Dollywood and they have the "World's Best Wooden Roller Coaster"
And the World's Friendliest Staff

dragoro

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Its cause they are always in competition, and constantly tryin to build the biggest/fastest what ever. The titles trade hands really fast.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a friend in Indiana who loves Cedar Pointe, too! But you're right to be skeptical. "Voted Best In The World" is not so hard to claim...

For example, my brother and I agree that Apache Pizza in Dublin, Ireland, is the world's best. He raises his hand, I raise mine... and voila! A vote has been taken!

And we could make it even more impressive if we called ourselves an official organization of some kind... just think:

Apache Pizza
Voted World's Best
by the
International Pizza Adjudication Society

catsarebetter

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by theimp98

Magnum and Millenium are two of the best coasters I've ridden. For wooden, Kennywood's Jack Rabbit and Thunderbolt... for suspended, Big Bad Wolf... but Cedar Point's Maverick is looking pretty cool!

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Apparently America such as Ceddar point has the biggest in the world, i for some reason have developed height fears, so rollercoasters are now out of the question for me!

But i do love themeparks, although i think im getting a bit old for it

muttigreemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well I'm near all the central florida parks - disney and such. I don't think I've ever heard them advertise "worlds best" on anything.... maybe they think people just assume that since it's disney?
Hmm... I know they have space mountain... but that's about it.

Really the only advertising I hear out of the central florida parks lately are

1. The price for a whole week
2. That Blue Man Group is setting up a permanent show at universal
3. That 6 people were injured on an animal kingdom ride (well I suppose that's not really advertising... but it's been in the papers anyway)

Guess they're not too interested in being the world's best anything

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Taurus77

Just returned from Dollywood and they have the "World's Best Wooden Roller Coaster"
And the World's Friendliest Staff
Holiday World makes the same claims and adds they are the cleanest.

catsarebetter

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, Dollywood has a really good staff. I can't specifically remember the cleanliness of Dollywood, but I do know that Busch Gardens and Kings Dominion in VA are both spotless every time I'm there, including water fountains and bathrooms. Six Flags over Virginia though, has HORRIBLE staff and is filthy. One visit to Six Flags VA was plenty enough.