Litter Robot Question!

tinkerbell3277

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have three cats who go A LOT in HUGE quantities. Most automatic litter systems (I had a littermaid for a while) get stuck with larger clumps. Does this happen with the litter robot? What happens to HUGE liquid waste clumps? They also like to go in the corners and have never had a round box before...

Also, I was checking out the cat genie. Anyone have a "disadvantages"? All I have heard on the negative side is that it takes 30 minutes to clean.

Thanks so much!

catsallover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would be interested too, as I have a couple of "corner pee-ers" myself
and am looking into getting an automatic box. Does anyone have any good links to previous discussions? When you search for anything with "litter box" in it, it can take all night if you don't know what particular thread you're looking for...

magnoliachat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I don't use them, because I have too many boxes to convert it all. I long for the day that they make these battery operated, instead of electric.

pee-cleaner

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My Felix is a heavy wetter, and my Litter Robot gobbles up the clumps with no problem whatsoever. I suggest you give in a try, as there's a 30 day satisfaction guarantee on the LR.

Cally

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't say enough good things about the Litter Robot -- it's a godsend! We have five cats who use it almost exclusively. There's one regular box available to them, but they prefer the Litter Robot because the litter is always fresh and clean, every time they step into it. And we think that's why we're able to get by without the standard "one box per cat, plus one" rule! (I don't know where we'd put all those boxes!)

Since the Litter Robot doesn't use a rake, there's nothing to get dirty or stuck... and although one of our cats weighs 19 pounds, nothing has ever been deposited that the machine couldn't handle.
It has been completely trouble-free for us.

Our Litter Robot is a couple of years old now, and we're crazy about it -- but the new, improved version they're selling now is even better: the litter drawer is deeper, and is shaped on the bottom to make new deposits roll off to the sides, distributing themselves more evenly rather than piling up in the center. We hope to get one of the new ones soon, and then we'll move our old one into the bedroom for Abby, our former feral who prefers to live alone.

I'm not an easy sell at all -- in fact, having worked in advertising, I'm a pretty cynical consumer. But when it comes to the Litter Robot, I'M A BELIEVER!

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have the litter round-up. It's semi-automatic so you have to push the button to make it go, but it works great for us. It's round so we don't have the problem with corners and as long as you use good scoopable litter it doesn't have a problem with getting stuck.