Take The National Safe Drivers Test!

tigerontheprowl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow the rules in the states must be a lot different than here in Canada. A safe following distance there is 2 seconds, here it's 15. Signal 100 feet before the turn off? I don't think so.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lnbandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I got 18 out of 20 correct. One of my misses was that question - I was always taught to follow another vehicle 1 car length for every 10 mph you are traveling. Of course, here in N.E. (especially Massachusetts) that just means half a dozen cars will pass you and cut in front of you!
The other question I missed was the merging onto a highway - I was taught to yield to trafic all ready traveling, so you need to slow down to merge - that explains why people around here travel at the same speed that I am at and expect ME to slow down, or switch lanes!

mirinae

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hmmm, I got 65% correct, which I guess isn't too terribly bad if you consider that I have no clue how to drive, have never had driving lessons, and pay relatively little attention to the rules of the road.
All in all, though, it's just as well that I never get behind the wheel of a motorized vehicle ... Consider it my public service!

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lnbandcats

One of my misses was that question - I was always taught to follow another vehicle 1 car length for every 10 mph you are traveling.
That used to be the rule but it changed. I think 2 seconds is too close and I usually drive closer to 5 sec behind... especially when on a highway.

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by twstychik

That used to be the rule but it changed. I think 2 seconds is too close and I usually drive closer to 5 sec behind... especially when on a highway.
When I applied for my permit 4 years ago I remember it being 5secs. I can't believe they changed it to 2 secs. I got 85% but I don't drive.