Do you actually like your job?

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I do

I was just wondering how many of you out there are really satisfied with your job your currently at? I've realized that life is way too short to be stuck @ a crappy job, especially when you spend most of your day there!

I've only been at mine for a week- but I'm really enjoying it. I'm an Office & Billing Manager at a Counesling Clinic. Everyone here is so wonderful and kind, and its just really fun to be at work- most of the time it doesn't even feel like work! I've never had a job that I've enjoyed this much!

What about you? Are you happy @ your job? If not, why are you still there?

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hate my job!

I'm still here because I'm trying to go back to school in the fall and I will definitely need the money for that!

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nope, not one bit.

I deal with a bunch of anal-retentive, whiney people on a daily basis. There are about 5 people here that just make my life miserable (or so it seems).

I've been applying, but so far no calls yet. I did ask Fiance if I could quit and just finish school, but since I'm the money - maker I get to stay.

You're right though, life is way to short to torture yourself on a daily basis. That's why I'm excited to finish school at the end of this fall.
Hopefully I have a job ready when I'm done!

darkeyedgirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love my job! Been here 6 years. If I ever have to leave, I'd panic. Great hours (flex time), great benefits, great co-workers, great pay. I'm in Sales / Marketing. Sorta boring some days, but when it's too quiet around here, I just leave and 'work from home'.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lunasmom

Nope, not one bit.

I deal with a bunch of anal-retentive, whiney people on a daily basis. There are about 5 people here that just make my life miserable (or so it seems).

I've been applying, but so far no calls yet. I did ask Fiance if I could quit and just finish school, but since I'm the money - maker I get to stay.

You're right though, life is way to short to torture yourself on a daily basis. That's why I'm excited to finish school at the end of this fall.
Hopefully I have a job ready when I'm done!
OMG, I would hate that too- I couldn't handle working w/ people like that! I work with 5 Therapists- so everyone is really kind and sweet
You don't deserve to work w/ people that are like that, it makes everything horrible!

Good luck finding the perfect job after school!! What kind of job are you looking at getting??

Originally Posted by Jenny82

I hate my job!

I'm still here because I'm trying to go back to school in the fall and I will definitely need the money for that!
Thats too bad, I know how it feels to hate your job
What are you currently doing?

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

Thats too bad, I know how it feels to hate your job
What are you currently doing?
I work for a government fraud hotline. I will never ever work in a call center ever again.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Not really. It's boring. I get paid squat. I don't learn much. I usually end up cleaning the house rather than actually working! I work for my dad who's self employed, so essentially I answer the phone & fix his mistakes on the computer!

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I wouldn't say i love my job, but I certainly don't hate it either. It's just my job
same thing with my weekend job. I like the people i work with though, both places, and that makes the jobs worthwhile! (the money I make doesn't hurt either
)

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like it most days. Sometimes I just wish I didn't have to go to work anywhere. But it isn't bad here reallly.

tigerontheprowl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love my summer job(s). I mostly work for a landscaping company and we for the most part just plant and transplant trees. I've learned to get very fast at it and I can usually plant about 100 trees in an hour. And the pay is good. If i work full time which I did last year, I make about $15000 for 2 months work. This year, I'm only working part time and I still expect to make about $7000. I also volunteer at an animal hospital.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I scoop poop, clean cages/kennels, give shots, draw blood, do tons of medical work all day long
i hate scooping poo
does that answer your question
BUT that being said- i LOVE the animals- so it kind of evens out!

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

OMG, I would hate that too- I couldn't handle working w/ people like that! I work with 5 Therapists- so everyone is really kind and sweet
You don't deserve to work w/ people that are like that, it makes everything horrible!

Good luck finding the perfect job after school!! What kind of job are you looking at getting??
It'll still be working with computers, but I'm heading towards Auditing of systems rather than computer support. I'm actually AVOIDING all jobs that say "Customer Support".
After 8 years of it I'm DONE after this job!!!

Plus I don't like the fact that there aren't any other IT people here. I haven't worked with another IT Person since 2002 and so I feel so out of date and in a sense dumb half the time. I've learned that you tend to expand yourself more when you work with others...especially those in your field.

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It's funny...

I've been doing the same thing, essentially, for about 10 years, for 3 different companies. First one I liked. Second one I HATED - so much so that I was getting physically ill from the stress of going to work every day. This job, I really do like it (for the most part
). The difference between the jobs is the people I work with. The actual job description itself hasn't changed dramatically. But where I am now, they respect my abilities and appreciate what I bring to the company and what I can add to their operation.

trixie23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not really! I get bored from having little to do on most days, the pay isn't that great, and I am capable of greater things by far...Im a receptionist, get what I am saying
I do like the steady hours and that is honestly about it...

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I usually love my job, but there are times that I hate it. I work for a medical association with our Board and the organization's member leaders, who are all doctors. Most times, I love the variety and working with them and contributing to something that (I hope) has a positive effect on the world. Sometimes, though, the egos get to me and I want to slap them.

karmasmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I LOVE MY JOB!

As you all know I work at Trader Joe's. Sure when it gets real busy and we have run out of some items and people start to complain it can be annoying but then we just go into the break room and vent. It usually turns into a stupid customer story battle. Who can come up with the best story. We all have a good laugh and head back out to the floor happy and ready to go. Some times the hours are tough, like having to work till 1am and then having to be back at 9am the next day. That does not happen often but its hard when it does. I usually am sore and tired from the days work but it is sucha fun place to work that I don't care. The mamagers are all great people who really care about us and want us to be happy. The corpret office is the same way. All employies have the direct line to the president, we can call him anytime we want just to vent. Its nice knowing that finally there is a place in this country that cares about its employees. It really shows to. We are known for having som of the best customer relations in the country. Those of you who shop there know what I mean. The employies are always ready to help no matter what. The other good thing is we get raises every 3 months, no matter what. Sometimes its .25 sometimes a whole dollor. IT just depends on how good of a job you do. When you get your raise you also have a reveiw so you know what to work on to get an even biger raise next time.

If I don't stop I will go on for ever. Bottom line I LOVE MY JOB!

rumpleteazer

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm not thrilled about my job but it's REALLY easy money. I'm an SA (Student Assistant) and I work in one of the computer labs at my school.

I sit there, doing homework, and make sure people don't trash the lab or steal anything.

And next year I'm going to be the boss cause the two top guys are graduating. So I can't complain too much. It's boring and annoying when dealing with whiny students who think they can yell at you because they left a project till the last minute.
Oh well. I get to play whatever music I want and I get paid to do my homework.

But I can't wait to graduate with my BFA and go work as a graphic designer at a firm!!