TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
http://www.gotoquiz.com/what_america...nt_do_you_have

My result was right!
I'm from south NJ.

What American accent do you have?
Your Result: Philadelphia

Your accent is as Philadelphian as a cheesesteak! If you're not from Philadelphia, then you're from someplace near there like south Jersey, Baltimore, or Wilmington. if you've ever journeyed to some far off place where people don't know that Philly has an accent, someone may have thought you talked a little weird even though they didn't have a clue what accent it was they heard.

mybabyphx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Your Result: North Central

"North Central" is what professional linguists call the Minnesota accent. If you saw "Fargo" you probably didn't think the characters sounded very out of the ordinary. Outsiders probably mistake you for a Canadian a lot.

This is really funny actually. I was born in Iowa, and grew up in Minnesota... HAHAHAHAHA That's great! I've actually been told I have an accent...hehe

merlynn's mom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
That was fun!

I have Midland accent...I am from Miami, FL.

"You have a Midland accent" is just another way of saying "you don't have an accent." You probably are from the Midland (Pennsylvania, southern Ohio, southern Indiana, southern Illinois, and Missouri) but then for all we know you could be from Florida or Charleston or one of those big southern cities like Atlanta or Dallas. You have a good voice for TV and radio.

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well if you ask Nita,Nat,Belinda,Lois,Lisa............they'd all tell you I have a Southern accent.I sound like a Hillbilly--which I am.

The quiz was BIG time wrong with me though.It said I spoke North Inlander.

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The Midland:

"You have a Midland accent" is just another way of saying "you don't have an accent." You probably are from the Midland (Pennsylvania, southern Ohio, southern Indiana, southern Illinois, and Missouri) but then for all we know you could be from Florida or Charleston or one of those big southern cities like Atlanta or Dallas. You have a good voice for TV and radio.

I've actually heard that the northeastern part of Nebraska is used as the basis of "accent" (or non-accent) for national reporters. Both of my parents grew up in that area, and I grew up in Colorado. But they (mom and dad) have some linguistic quirks that always drove me nuts - like creek sounds like crick, and wash is worsh.

jenny1124

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I thought mine would be interesting since I'm from Texas and now live in Wisconsin.. but I guess that evens things out? lol

You have a Midland accent" is just another way of saying "you don't have an accent." You probably are from the Midland (Pennsylvania, southern Ohio, southern Indiana, southern Illinois, and Missouri) but then for all we know you could be from Florida or Charleston or one of those big southern cities like Atlanta or Dallas. You have a good voice for TV and radio.

fred&nermal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Here's my result. It obviously works, as I'm from Toronto, Canada:

"North Central" is what professional linguists call the Minnesota accent. If you saw "Fargo" you probably didn't think the characters sounded very out of the ordinary. Outsiders probably mistake you for a Canadian a lot.

muttigreemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dead on

Your Result: The Northeast

Judging by how you talk you are probably from north Jersey, New York City, Connecticut or Rhode Island. Chances are, if you are from New York City (and not those other places) people would probably be able to tell if they actually heard you speak.

I'm always getting picked on by DH for calling it Flarida instead of Floorida like he does

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

tiffanyl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Mine says:

Your Result: The Midland

I'm from Florida so I guess I have no accent.

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My quiz results came out "Midland", but I can tell you it actually depends entirely on how much I've had to drink or how tired I am. I was raised in very southern Illinois, and in younger days had a very thick southern Illinois accent (yes, there is one...it's a bit like Kentucky's). After I moved to the Chicago area, in junior high, they put me through speech therapy to get rid of it. It worked, but it tends to creep back if I've had too much to drink or I'm overly tired or I'm around people from southern Illinois.

snosrap5

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have Midland accent...

Florida baby!!!

renovia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i don't think this worked for me:

The West:
Your accent is the lowest common denominator of American speech. Unless you're a SoCal surfer, no one thinks you have an accent. And really, you may not even be from the West at all, you could easily be from Florida or one of those big Southern cities like Dallas or Atlanta.

I'm from Maine - it would have been nice if they could have pin pointed my location a little closer than Florida.........

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
The Northeast

Judging by how you talk you are probably from north Jersey, New York City, Connecticut or Rhode Island. Chances are, if you are from New York City (and not those other places) people would probably be able to tell if they actually heard you

Very accurate. I am in Massachusetts, but within walking distance of the Rhode Island border.

taterbug

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yep...that's me!!! And I do love it!

Your result: THE SOUTH!!!

That's a southern accent you've got there! You may love it,you may hate it,you may swear you don't have it,but what ever the case,we can HEAR it!!