Should I let Gracie chose the hotel?

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
So, I'm in the midst of trying trying to choose a hotel to hold a conference in 2008 that myself and colleague and I offered to plan and host. We've got in narrowed down to two that meed the group's needs. The dilemma is that the one we really like is way more expensive than the other, but also a lot nicer.

I had all the materials from both hotels spread out on the table the other night and Gracie jumped up, sniffed at everything, then lay down in the middle of the paperwork from the more expensive hotel. Then she started rolling around in the papers.

The woman I'm working with on this says I should trust Gracie's intuition and that we should go with the more expensive hotel. What do you guys think?

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by eilcon

So, I'm in the midst of trying trying to choose a hotel to hold a conference in 2008 that myself and colleague and I offered to plan and host. We've got in narrowed down to two that meed the group's needs. The dilemma is that the one we really like is way more expensive than the other, but also a lot nicer.

I had all the materials from both hotels spread out on the table the other night and Gracie jumped up, sniffed at everything, then lay down in the middle of the paperwork from the more expensive hotel. Then she started rolling around in the papers.

The woman I'm working with on this says I should trust Gracie's intuition and that we should go with the more expensive hotel. What do you guys think?
Go with it! She must have found something she likes!

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by eilcon

I would trust my cat's people sense so why not your cat's hotel sense. Don't forget that the Lord does work in mysterious ways.....

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Gracie definitely has good taste! That hotel looks wonderful. I say go with her pick!

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If it's within the budget, then go for it! Will you have to sacrifice other things if you go for the more expensive hotel?

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'd definitely go with Gracie's choice!! The girl has good taste.

If you're holding a conference there, you may be able to negotiate a lower rate since it's a block of rooms and 2008 is pretty close in the conference-planning world. (It may be unlikely that they'll be able to schedule a large piece of business this far in.)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

If it's within the budget, then go for it! Will you have to sacrifice other things if you go for the more expensive hotel?
Probably not. It's going to the cost the individual members more to stay at this hotel than it will the organization itself. Personally, I think they'll really appreciate what this hotel has to offer and won't mind the extra cost.

Originally Posted by Tari

I'd definitely go with Gracie's choice!! The girl has good taste.

If you're holding a conference there, you may be able to negotiate a lower rate since it's a block of rooms and 2008 is pretty close in the conference-planning world. (It may be unlikely that they'll be able to schedule a large piece of business this far in.)
She does, doesn't she?

Actually, we're in the process of negotiating a lower rate. Just waiting for what the hotel comes up with.

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well, guys, we got the lower rate we were looking from the hotel that Gracie "chose."
It really is a gorgeous place and will be perfect for the conference. So, Gracie gets a treat for helping us make the decision.

I was thinking, though, that it's a good thing that Claire didn't get a hold of the hotel paperwork. She would have shredded it instead of rolling around in it.

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by jane_vernon

Are you going to tell everyone at work that the decision came down to the cat?
Sure, why not? She deserves she credit!