Anyone Have Any Updates On Nutro Wet?

followedbydolls

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Curious whether their has been any new info on the progress with the nutro wet foods, especially the pouched food. I know Mars has purchased nutro and they make pouched style foods themselves[whiskas etc]

I gather with this change over Nutro will no longer use menu for their wet food producer?

Thanks.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
True Nutros canning is going in house ... there is no ETA on when cans will be back and we were told cans may go out completely from what is on the shelf and have NONE for awhile

littleraven7726

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

True Nutros canning is going in house ... there is no ETA on when cans will be back and we were told cans may go out completely from what is on the shelf and have NONE for awhile
that's a bummer (that it will be a while).
i hope they have something new soon. my guys liked the natural choice indoor senior & chicken/liver indoor cans. i will have a lot more confidence in the cans if the food is made in house.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

followedbydolls

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

thanks. It's a relief to know the foods will be done in house. To bad it's going to be awhile though, i guess we'll just continue along with the proplan.

roxie225

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Uh-oh... I'm confused... is Nutro going to take ALL their canned food off the shelf?? Including the bigger cans?? Or is it just the 3 oz. cans that were in the recall?

Roxie is eating Nutro wet in the bigger cans and she is making great progress with her weight!! I'd hate to have to switch her now

jellybella

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would suggest you buy up the big cans now if they're critical to you. I would expect they will change everything with the move in house and I imagine there will be a shortage during the cutover.

JMHO, but that's what I would do, buy a supply and look for alternatives in case it takes longer than expected.
I was just thinking about how I miss the nutro pouches yesterday.

roxie225

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Looks like I'm headed to PetCo after work to stock up on canned... Any idea when the switch is starting and how long it may take?

When is this catastrophe going to end?!?!?

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
the cans on the shelves now are it till production is done in house and do to mergers taking awhile it may be a number of /weeks/months with none on the selves...

roxie225

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

the cans on the shelves now are it till production is done in house and do to mergers taking awhile it may be a number of /weeks/months with none on the selves...
Oh dear... well I'm going to stock up on Nutro cans after work... Sharky, down the road when I run out and there is still no Nutro, what premium food would you suggest in the same-ish price range? I like the Nutro because Roxie loves it and she is trimming down nicely... but I suppose the weight thing isn't an issue -- it's making sure she will eat whatever I end up buying... blah, this is a pain.