I need vacation Ideas

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So my cruise in septeber got cancelled last night. Now I need vacation ideas for Lee and I. We normally go to the beach and that isn't completely out of the question. We went to Orlando last year and we don't want to go again this year. I would like to stay in the south eastern US. Any ideas?

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was going to suggest Toronto, but if you want to stay in the States how about Maine. It should be lovely in September. Last time I went it was in August and it was lovely.

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well I don't know where you've already been, but I love almost anywhere in Florida. Ft. Lauderdale and Miami are really fun, Clearwater has a beautiful beach, and St. Augustine is pretty with a lot of history.

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Come see MEEE!!!!!! We can go to the Charlotte races together the second week of October! We can tour the race shops and stuff and go to the Nascar Speedpark and drive go-carts!! MEEEEEE!!!!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by neetanddave

Come see MEEE!!!!!! We can go to the Charlotte races together the second week of October! We can tour the race shops and stuff and go to the Nascar Speedpark and drive go-carts!! MEEEEEE!!!!!!
You know I actually looked at NC. Lee would be absolutely THRILLED with that. I might just suggest it to him. How much are race tickets anyway?

lnbandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Phenomsmom

So my cruise in septeber got cancelled last night. Now I need vacation ideas for Lee and I. We normally go to the beach and that isn't completely out of the question. We went to Orlando last year and we don't want to go again this year. I would like to stay in the south eastern US. Any ideas?
What's wrong with the Northeast?

Have a safe and happy Memorial Day weekend!

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nothing I just don't want to venture to far away from home with gas prices the way they are. And Lee is pretty picky unless it involves racing!

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you adventurous(Hurricane season) try the Florida Keys. My FIL has a place in Cujo Key and we are staying there in July. That key is 23 miles from Key West.

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lee made up his mind this weekend. He wants Disney World again. That is cool with me. I want to go to MGM. Thanks for all the ideas ya'll!

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

You know I actually looked at NC. Lee would be absolutely THRILLED with that. I might just suggest it to him. How much are race tickets anyway?
If you get them a month ahead, you can get the whole weekend package for less than $100 per person!

psjauntie

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
when your in Orlando, you need to come to the coast, Cocoa Beach. It will be really nice in October, not to hot.

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hmm I will have to look into Cocoa beach. I think the last time we were there we saw a lot of commercials for there.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, my first thought was North Carolina, too -- the Outer Banks! Granted, I was last there in 1969, but at that time, it was just wonderful... old shipwrecks poking up out of the sand... sunsets turning the fog pink... the beautiful Cape Hatteras lighthouse...

Ahhhhhh...

whiskerynature

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

Go to Cat Island! (yes, a real place!
in the Bahamas) -- should be close to you & still beach country, but fewer tourists...

Check it out, take lots of pictures, & tell us all about it!

P.S. Hoping to go there myself next year!

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by neetanddave

The Charlotte race is great! We went there for our honeymoon (in fact, the wedding date was planned around the Charlotte race
). You will have a ball! Ummmm...can I come too?
PLEASE!!!!!