Have you ever woken up to find your cat has done something really bizarre?

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Please, I would like to hear stories about the strange things that your cats get up to at night, and the evidence they leave of their surreal nocturnal activities.

This morning I woke up and had a lovely morning cuddle with Sonic, but eventually it was time to get up. I threw back the covers and saw.... most of my jewellery had been laid out on top of my body. A gold chain on my stomach, chain and pendant across my shoulder, fake pearls on my leg, an ear-ring on my hip....

It was just too weird. Sonic had obviously knocked the lid off my jewellery box and then brought me gifts one by one during the night and deposited them under the covers for me, mostly on top of my body - all without waking me up once!

I looked as if he were preparing me for some sort of ancient Saxon burial - all my best jewellery arranged carefully on and around me.

So come on, I can't be the only one with a strange cat.... please.....

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
hhaa, ok that is just strange.
the only thing really i can think of, is the time heyu and eazy got trapped in there litter box how i was sleeping.

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I looked as if he were preparing me for some sort of ancient Saxon burial - all my best jewellery arranged carefully on and around me.
Maybe you should hire him out to a department store jewelry counter.

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was having a dream that I was falling through branches and that they were all breaking. When I woke up I saw that Scratch had demolished a wicker basket that was next to my bed.

anakat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Epona

Please, I would like to hear stories about the strange things that your cats get up to at night, and the evidence they leave of their surreal nocturnal activities.

This morning I woke up and had a lovely morning cuddle with Sonic, but eventually it was time to get up. I threw back the covers and saw.... most of my jewellery had been laid out on top of my body. A gold chain on my stomach, chain and pendant across my shoulder, fake pearls on my leg, an ear-ring on my hip....

It was just too weird. Sonic had obviously knocked the lid off my jewellery box and then brought me gifts one by one during the night and deposited them under the covers for me, mostly on top of my body - all without waking me up once!

So come on, I can't be the only one with a strange cat.... please.....
Are you sure it wasn't Nate?

Sonic was just making sure you looked pretty

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well lets see... it was last June... one morning around 4 a.m. I was woken up by a weird feeling. I had a computer and monitor at the head of the bed. My cat was apparently running around like crazy, and he jumped on the monitor and knocked it off of the table onto the bed. It hit the top of my head with pretty good force. I had a mild concussion and a pretty bad headache for the rest of the day. It was awful at the time, but it's kind of funny now.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by bnwalker2

Well lets see... it was last June... one morning around 4 a.m. I was woken up by a weird feeling. I had a computer and monitor at the head of the bed. My cat was apparently running around like crazy, and he jumped on the monitor and knocked it off of the table onto the bed. It hit the top of my head with pretty good force. I had a mild concussion and a pretty had headache for the rest of the day. It was awful at the time, but it's kind of funny now.
OK you win.... that's pretty bad. Ouch!

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, one 3 Christmas seasons in a row we woke up to the bottom tree ornaments lined up in front of our bedroom door....they had to carry them up a flight of stairs. They would do this every night for the entire time the tree was up - we always had at least 15 to 20 ornaments to put back on the tree daily.

beandip

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Every night, usually around midnight - Leopold takes certain toys to the kitchen. There's a "cubbyhole" that I put the toys away in every day, and every night he sticks his head in there and picks out certain toys to drop off in the kitchen. He howls while he's carrying them.

mybabyphx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok you guys got some funny ones

I guess the only weird thing I can think of that PHX does....

He's known to be the cat that if you put ANYTHING on the counter in the kitchen he will swat at it and push it off the counter. Well, we're having a friend stay with us for a little while and he sleeps in the living room on the floor-right by the counter.... We woke up one day and all of our change that we had put onto the counter the night before was now all over our friend!! Our friend didn't even wake up --- I mean I'm not talking like a little bit of pocket change either- I'm talking dollars and dollars of change- mostly pennies- scattered all over him... it was pretty funny I guess you gotta be there!

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mybabyphx

Ok you guys got some funny ones

I guess the only weird thing I can think of that PHX does....

He's known to be the cat that if you put ANYTHING on the counter in the kitchen he will swat at it and push it off the counter. Well, we're having a friend stay with us for a little while and he sleeps in the living room on the floor-right by the counter.... We woke up one day and all of our change that we had put onto the counter the night before was now all over our friend!! Our friend didn't even wake up --- I mean I'm not talking like a little bit of pocket change either- I'm talking dollars and dollars of change- mostly pennies- scattered all over him... it was pretty funny I guess you gotta be there!
Maybe he is trying to give the guy some money to get him out and into his own place!

littleraven7726

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
when raven was younger, he was absolutely OBSESSED with strings. that included stealing them out of hoodies (i even tied the strings, but he chewed through it and stole it). he chewed up my headphones into 1" pieces. didn't eat them, just chewed into pieces.
THEN one night mike and i woke up to "thump....thump....thump..." of course we were in bed thinking "what the heck???"

so we turn on the light. there was raven dragging one of my Doc Marten boots into bed. and mine weren't the little baby docs or shoes....they were the tall steel-toed ones that weighed at least 5lbs each.

mirinae

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nothing so weird as adorning me in my sleep, but my cats can't figure out how to get into my jewelry box, so that's no real surprise ...

Spike likes to make the printer print test patterns. I'll come into the living room first thing in the morning, and there will be a small pile of paper on the floor, all with the same test pattern over and over again. He tries to catch the paper as it's coming out, so some of the pages will be shredded. (This is a cat who can't remember which room he left us in, five seconds after he left, and yet he can figure out how to turn the printer on and make it print test patterns. Strange cat.)

Oz doesn't do anything weird at night. He just sleeps.

My parents' cat, PJ, used to go upstairs to my and my sister's bedrooms and steal bundled-up pairs of socks, then bring them downstairs and leave them on my parents' bed like some bizarre offering. She only did this when we were away (like at sleep-away camp or overnight at a friend's). I think it was her way of pointing out the obvious: that me and my sister weren't at home.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Epona

i'm telling ya'll....cats are just waiting for the right time...then they will take over the world -muhahahahahah!
- at least that's what kojak said

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
On two seperate occasions I woke up to find either one of the cats stuck to the screen of my bedroom window. Another time I found Squee stuck in the cupboard where the toaster is.

jellybella

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by beandip

Every night, usually around midnight - Leopold takes certain toys to the kitchen. There's a "cubbyhole" that I put the toys away in every day, and every night he sticks his head in there and picks out certain toys to drop off in the kitchen. He howls while he's carrying them.
Bella does something very similiar...nearly every morning there's a line of fur mice in the kitchen and she "talks" the whole time she's doing it "brrruuuuubbbbuuurrr" "meowww meoooww" "brrruuuurrrbrruuurrr"

mirinae

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, I did wake up one time to discover that Spike had managed to get himself trapped in the (theoretically baby-/cat-proofed) cabinet under the bathroom sink. I'm still not entirely sure how he did it, because the child-proofing snaps only let the doors open about half an inch, and his head is definitely much bigger than that! (We've since moved all the dangerous chemicals out from that cabinet into one in the kitchen, which he has much less interest in. He can now play in the bathroom cabinet with impunity, the little weirdo.)

I don't consider that bizarre, though -- just very Spike-ish.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
these are hilarious!!
I don't think my cats have done anything even remotely as weird as these

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think the weirdest or bizarre was waking up at my normal time and walking out to see the paper tissue wrap from the toilet roll spread all over the kitchen.

My fear was that Whitey went to town with a new roll of toilet paper. Later I found out the Fiance had given him the wrapping after he placed a new roll on in the middle of the night.

Lately Luna's been super lovey and likes to share my pillow with me. She will position herself so that I HAVE to move...i.e, she puts her butt right near my nose and either I smell butt fur the rest of the night or move.