Palekana went to the Rainbow Bridge

jean44

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My Palekana went to the Rainbow Bridge today. I miss her already.

I found Palekana outside my workplace in the Spring of 1999. My co-workers knew I already had cats and encouraged me to take her home. The vet said she was about six months old. She was a scrawny, little kitty at the time but with good food and love grew into a happy, healthy girl. Palekana has always been a happy, active kitty, loving life and having fun.

She was diagnosed with a stomach ulcer in February. Despite changes in medications and diet she never regained full health and continued to have problems eating. Last Friday after a week of deteriorating health the vet found a tumor in her abdomen. She has been on pain medication this week and growing increasingly weaker. Today it was obvious that the time had come to send her to the Rainbow Bridge.

Now Palekana is playing happily and looking for new friends at the Rainbow Bridge.

mcat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It's always hard when they leave. She was much too young. At the Bridge, she is pain-free, healthy and playing with all our darlings that have gone before.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm so sorry!
Palenka had a wonderful 9 years with you.

She is now painfree & playing happily over the rainbow bridge!

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh Jean I am so very sorry. I didnt even know they had found a tumor. All my condolences, sympathy and hugs to you during the difficult time. I wish I could say something to make it easier for you. I know all your baby's are a part of you and Palekana will continue to be apart of you also.

Rest In Peace Palekana

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jean44

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you to all for the kind thoughts. The other kitties and I appreciate it.

beandip

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Palekana couldn't have asked for better care, support and love than what you've given her. She had the best of everything and that's priceless. She knows how much she is loved and missed. You and your gang are in my thoughts.

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm so sorry for your sad loss. Palenka will be playing happily over at the bridge, and she'll be waiting for you when the time is right

kitytize

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My deepest sympathy. My you have strength to get through this hard time.

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so very sorry for your loss.

She is whole and pain free now and will live on in your heart always. Rest in peace, sweet girl.

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my I am sorry and sadden to hear about your precious Palenka
Your memories will surely make you smile again............in time

RIP Sweet Palenka, enjoy your time over the Bridge, look down now and then, you are loved and missed so

holliesmom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She's in a place where the beds are soft and warm and the treats are tasty. She's making new friends and is looking down from over the Bridge to make sure you're OK. When you're ready, she'll send you a new Furbaby, and that will be her perfect replacement. Hugs and sympathy to you.

arielrain

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Your sweet kitty is bathing in the sunshine beneath a lovely tree over the rainbow bridge and she has many friends. Rest peacefully little angel.

cinder

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Sorry for your loss of such a sweet girl.
Rest in peace, Palekana. If you don't mind, I was curious what her name means.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
So sorry to hear of your loss. Rest in Peace, sweet Palekana. She had a good life in a loving home, and was surely grateful.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jean44

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Cinder

Sorry for your loss of such a sweet girl.
Rest in peace, Palekana. If you don't mind, I was curious what her name means.
Palekana means rescued in Hawaiian. After I found her I looked through the Hawaiian-English dictionary to find an appropriate name. I started with words such as rescued or saved in English. Palekana jumped out at me as the perfect name.

Thank you to everyone for the kind thoughts.