Kittendom

skippymjp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Freeway is by far the youngest kitten that I've ever taken in. Hobo was roughly 16 weeks old when he got off the train, but little Freeway was 5 weeks old, maybe 6. I fed him KMR for a couple of days, and he showed no interest in canned food, so I tried him on a bit of dry, and he ate it like it was candy. Of course, the rest of the Jellicles were more than eager to try it too.......

Happily, little Freeway is making the transition to canned quite well. He had a wee bit of soft stool problems, but we slowed down the transition and all is going well
The adult Jellicles are grumping about not getting the dry anymore, but hey, all things end...

Freeway no longer climbs my legs....he leaps and grabs. However, his leaping range is limited by his small size; and at his maximum range, he hits me right in the lower butt.....every time. I used to think that he wanted to see what was happening on the countertop, but now I'm convinced that he just thinks that hanging onto my hiney while I'm jumping straight up is some kind of neat ride.

His eyes are taking on a pretty distinct brown now. I'm hoping he has those same copper eyes like the Hobo, that would be cool. He is still really fuzzy too. I'm going to miss that when his adult coat comes in, the red n' white fuzz makes him look sort of like a dirty little cottonball.

Oh well, off to stalk the gang with the camera some more, they're acting kind of feisty....might get some good pics....

bonnie1965

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Skippymjp

Freeway no longer climbs my legs....he leaps and grabs. However, his leaping range is limited by his small size; and at his maximum range, he hits me right in the lower butt.....every time. I used to think that he wanted to see what was happening on the countertop, but now I'm convinced that he just thinks that hanging onto my hiney while I'm jumping straight up is some kind of neat ride.
Hilarious! Glad little Freeway is finding his way in the tribe and that he will soon be eating like the big guys

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
lol you should see my post after i took in eazy,,
kitten=blood. he would do the same flying jumps, and then try to climb me.
HUman leg=tree to kitten man. hehe and some pain for us.

they are just to cute when they do it.

bonnie1965

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by theimp98

lol you should see my post after i took in eazy,,
kitten=blood. he would do the same flying jumps, and then try to climb me.
HUman leg=tree to kitten man. hehe and some pain for us.

they are just to cute when they do it.
Yep, Daphne believes my legs are great Redwoods
She is learning though, thank goodness.

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ah yes, I remember the "fly and ride" stage. Can't say that I miss it in the least! Gizmo used to jump on my butt, crawl up the back of my shirt and snuggle down on my shoulder to take a nap! He was perfectly comfy, but I was in tears and using every curse word I knew, because then he was kneading my neck, making himself at home. The one I love is when you are bent over, and a kitten jumps on you back. You don't want to stand up because you KNOW you will get very painful claw marks, but you just can't reach him...so you walk around the house (still bent over so you can't see where you're going) yelling "Honey....ummm...some help here?" And you just KNOW they kitten is thinking "hey, this is pretty cool! Giddyup little doggie, giddyup!"

Luckily they do grow out of the stage...eventually. Gravity makes it impossible, but they will still try at times. Stock up on Backtine!

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was at the local Animal Shelter, looking for a kitten to adopt, I saw this beautiful little gray cat, sort of resembling a Russian Blue sitting in the back in the corner, looking very sad. I bent over, opened the door reached in,and a little orange blur ran up my arm and down to the middle of my back, where it latched on and began howling at the top of his lungs. I could not convince him to get down, and he would not shut up. I started easing my shirt up far enough to get the cat, and had it almost around my neck before I realized that anyone could walk in looking to se what was wrong with this kitten that was howling. I finally managed to get hold of him, pull my shirt down, but he still would not be quiet. I had to take him with me if he was that determined. He went right into the carrier like he knew he had a home. He seldon made a noise except for a large purr. That was Webb, and grew to be a gorgeous dark red tabby.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
but now I'm convinced that he just thinks that hanging onto my hiney while I'm jumping straight up is some kind of neat ride.

I only had one kitten over the last year who would do this, that was Nike, and once she got her claw stuck in my back right above my jeans waistband
dang that hurt!!!!

renny

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh I have some good memories of those days (now that they were 2.5 years ago). Lucky was 4 weeks old when I found her and we should have called her velcro. She would grab on and climb up one side and down the other. Her favorite spot was the middle of your back (you hunched over so she doesn't fall) and she would just settle down happy as can be. Sigh...the things we do for our kitties!! LOL