glitter poms (balls)

whiskerynature

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Anyone know where to get the glitter poms (1-inch size) in BULK??
There's a Michael's craft store about 25min away, but the ones they had weren't the sparkly glitter/tinsel ones that Munchie goes crazy for.

I've been getting them at around 50 cents each, and of course, a glitter ball goes missing every 10 seconds!

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry I don't know where to get them, but if they go missing every 10 seconds you might be able to find some by moving the furniture around.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

whiskerynature

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Jenny82

Sorry I don't know where to get them, but if they go missing every 10 seconds you might be able to find some by moving the furniture around.
Ha!
Those feather-duster-teaser things do double-duty for us...we crawl around and sweep under the furniture looking for forgotten mini scocer balls, glitter balls, and the occasional beat-up, chewed-up mouse!!

P.S. Think I need to invest in knee pads!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aren't those metal sparkle pom poms bad for a cat? They are like tinsel and from everything I've heard tinsel should be kept away from your cat lest they eat it and get sick and die.

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
www.petedge.com Shop by brand and look for Zanies. They are sometimes out of stock but sell most Zany products by the cannister. If you purchase over a certain amount, shipping is free.

How do I know this? I always buy by the cannister!

sofiecusion

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

Aren't those metal sparkle pom poms bad for a cat? They are like tinsel and from everything I've heard tinsel should be kept away from your cat lest they eat it and get sick and die.
Not only that, but kitties swallow them! My vet said he seen a cat who ate 6 of them!
Summer had to have surgery TWICE....once was some string, the second was scotch tape from a poster. No, I did not LET her eat it. She did it when we weren't looking. The scotch tape didn't show up on the xray. Our new vet said she used to wonder why people let their cats eat stuff until she saw one of hers eat a needle and thread right in front of her! Summer's old vet had a cat that had to have stuff (including a few of those balls) removed 4 times!!! Okay, if 2 vets can't prevent their cats from eating stuff....what does that say? They only get the hard plastic ones.

renovia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i don't think these balls are made out the really bad kind of tinsel, and the pieces are very short if they come out and are ingested. Luxor had this happen and we took him to the vet and he was fine.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

whiskerynature

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Munchie thanks the TCS posters!

We went to Walmart (about 25 min drive) and picked up all 4 packs they had left! (so he's got a little stockpile now...we'll debut one or two at a time).

P.S. Thanks for the warning about swallowing the poms & the tinsel. There's not really much tinsel & I haven't read any horror tinsel-pom stories (hopefully, never will). Munchie doesn't ever try to swallow things -- won't even eat treats at times! And we eventually recover the poms...it just might be months later when we're doing heavy duty furniture-moving-cleaning. He just likes to play soccer with them & occasionally will "marinate" them in the water fountain!

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by whiskerynature

He just likes to play soccer with them & occasionally will "marinate" them in the water fountain!
At least they don't make such a mess when wet, like the furry mice do.

jellybella

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by neetanddave

At least they don't make such a mess when wet, like the furry mice do.
or nice squishy foam balls...or the fuzzy pompoms...I could go on. Most toys in our house get dunked at some point

I've not had (knock on wood) a problem with them swallowing the foil pompoms, but I did have to trim the mylar tail off of a fish toy when Bella started to chew on it. Then she left the toy in a doorway and I stepped on it. End of problem.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by whiskerynature

He just likes to play soccer with them & occasionally will "marinate" them in the water fountain!
That's exactly what Jasmine does!!!
She will play with them in the floor- rabbit kick them with her back leg, and then pick them up- SCREAMING and meowing at the top of her lungs like she's some sort of wild beast (mind you while she has the pom ball in her mouth) and then runs at top speed to her water dish and drops them in there. Then i fish the out of the water dish and the entire process starts over again
I love my little sugar momma. She's such a goof ball!