Venus Breeze Razor

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The shaving thread got me wondering if anyone else has tried the venus breeze. I just used it for the second time and I HATE it. The shave gel bars go all slimy and gross and the razor barely takes the hair off. I had to go over my entire legs with my regular venus. I am thinking about complaining to the company because that razor was not cheap and I don't ever plan to use it again. I was hoping it would be like that other one with the bar soap on it (can't remember the name) but its not.

Has anyone else used it?

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't like it either - I like the basic daisy razor - I find it works best for me with Johnson & Johnson soft wash, body wash.

snosrap5

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I bought one the other day and as soon as water hit it and became slimy like boogers!!! It was so gross!! I won't describe just how gross it looked!! I even called DH in to check it out!

I love the Schick Intuition but it's bulky so I thought the smaller Venus would work but no!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by snosrap5

I bought one the other day and as soon as water hit it and became slimy like boogers!!! It was so gross!! I won't describe just how gross it looked!! I even called DH in to check it out!

I love the Schick Intuition but it's bulky so I thought the smaller Venus would work but no!
I know, its so disguisting how slimy it is. I just emailed the company telling them how I don't like it and that it went so slimy and made my legs feel gross.

The Schick Intuition is a great razor, but I don't like how you have to change the blade after every couple shaves. Thats why I decided to try the breeze to see if it would last longer. It sure does but I am never letting that thing touch my skin again.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just got an email back from the company and they are sending me a 4-pack of the regular venus blades. They were really nice about it so if you bought one and don't like it, I would email them and tell them.

jenny1124

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have a Venus Divine razor and I absolutely LOVE the way it shaves the first time, but it dulls so quickly and I can't afford to replace the blade every two times shaving.

I now use little Daisys too. They dull as fast, but they are much much cheaper and get the job done just as well.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catlover19

I just got an email back from the company and they are sending me a 4-pack of the regular venus blades. They were really nice about it so if you bought one and don't like it, I would email them and tell them.
Thats nice of them! I stick to Daisy's too- I love them!

katl8e

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Still buying 10 for 99-cents at the 99-cent store. I get about 4 shaves per razor (legs and pits).

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
I use the schick quattro. I like the 4 blades are more precise and the little wires protect me. Ive tried the generic brands which are much cheaper, but they nick my legs

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I bought the Venus Breeze the other day and I actually like it, it's a thousand times better than the $1 razors that I was using for months at a time. I didn't like that it gets slimy after a few minutes in the water, but it leaves my legs feeling very smooth and not irritated.

rockcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wanted to try the Venus, but it was kind of pricey, so I didn't. Now I'm glad!
I bought a disposable 4 pack of Noxema brand for less than $3.00 that had a suction cup in the pack instead. They resemble the Venus razors in shape. The suction cup comes in handy at the gym because the showers only have a little soapdish to put things on.