Does your cat have a toy box?

mistercatworks

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Over the years I have collected a number of superballs, belled-balls, strings, wire balls, fur-covered toy mice and feathered dangelers. I confine them to a plastic bin whenever I do a house cleaning. On the next rainy day, I open up the bin and, sure enough, sometime during the day, the cats go through the box and select something to wrestle or chase.

There is also a remote control mouse toy that Johnny Depp has been known to remove and bring to me with a "make igo" suggestion.

snosrap5

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have a toy basket!
My boys are always having to pick up the cat toys and they want to know when I plan to teach the cats how to put their toys away when they're done.

mybabyphx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know I've bought SO MANY toys for PHX.. but I can't find them to put them into a basket..... So he just gets them and brings them to me when he wants to play fetch or somthing... so if i do happen to find any of his toys I will throw them inside of his cat cube playground thingy from walmart... but chances are- they are hidden!

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well actually they are toy baskets
We have one in the family room, one in the living room. Toys are split between the two of them. Periodically I go around and pick them all up and put them back.

Be nice if the cats would put them back after playing with them

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
i have a container i put them in when i'm cleaning [which is very rarely!]. but it's an open container, so they can get things out whenever they want.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mistercatworks

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I was glad to hear of so many cats who had the initiative to locate their toys, either from their box or those hiding places.

I once moved a chair and discovered a little circular collection of toys which had managed to get pushed just
out of paw's reach.

I have never heard of a cat putting the toy back on the box. A cat's job is scatter things around, whether it's animal parts or cat toys.
However, there are cats who have the annoying habit of preferring the box, in which the toy was packed, to the toy itself.

whiskerynature

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
We have the toy "incubator"...it's one of those air-tight clear canisters...we put the toys in there w/ crushed up, ground up catnip dust, and let the old toys that have fallen out of favor "incubate"
in there for a while...and every couple of days we pull out a "new" favorite!

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Of course they have a toy box, the dog is trained to pick up all the toys and put them in the box each night

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We have both dog and cat toy buckets in the house. They help themselves and when I vacuum I put everything I find back into the buckets. Just like magic the toys get scattered all over the house seemingly by themselves!

catfriend

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Danny has one too! He doesn't put his toys back in it though. Instead I find them in the dirty laundry bin!

fiftyfour

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My cats have a toy box too! There are tons of things in there, but mostly my orange tabby boy goes digging for his catnip pouch

jenny1124

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I don't worry about it with my girl. She hordes her toys. If you ever were to lift up the futon, you'd see probably about 20 toys under there in her corner spot.

I recently decided to try the catnip trick (she's 5 months so wasn't sure it would do anything yet). I put two of her toys in a ziploc bag with catnip inside and shake it up, leave it there for a couple days, then pull out one at a time. She seems to think she is getting new toys, so it's easier on the pocketbook

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love your topics! Maia has a toy bowl, say that 10 times fast! Here is a pic of her using it to the fullest potential!

Obviously she is on top of her toys! She picks which ever she wants to play with, sometimes its everything if the object is to wake me up for breakfast!

mcat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Everycat digs around in there and takes out his or her favorite. Peaches likes one particular crocheted mousie which was just mended for her. Paisley likes a banana. Josie likes a square pillow that once had catnip in it. Arthur loves his snakey.

mom_2_3

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
~Yea of course...its called "MY HOUSE" haha no thought I have a couple doggie bone shaped toy boxes for the Yorkies toys....and then I have a Fisher Price Insulated Toy Bag with handles on each side...a carrying strap...2 side pockets on each side....and it velcros shut. I use this because its easy to move around...the cats can open the velcro very easily to get into their toys...they hide the mess with they arent playing with them....and the dog bone type I use for the dogs are too hard for the cats to get into~ It also makes a great kids carring bag...an insulated COOLER...a suitcase and whatever else you need it for haha~

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by whiskerynature

We have the toy "incubator"...it's one of those air-tight clear canisters...we put the toys in there w/ crushed up, ground up catnip dust, and let the old toys that have fallen out of favor "incubate"
in there for a while...and every couple of days we pull out a "new" favorite!
oooooh, what a good
i'm gonna have to try that!

darkeyedgirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cats 'toy box' is the floor of my house. All flooring, carpet, wood, vinyl, etc.

I can't keep the things contained!!! I can't even try!!! Every night the nippie socks, crabbie patties, penguins, tailless mice and other various cat & dog toys get dragged all over the place during their "killing sessions".

So I just take the stuff from where it's been dragged (as gifts to us humans while we sleep, sometimes) and put them back downstairs, on some floor, somewhere.

wildflower79

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Well I started off with this little basket thing but that didn't work too well so now all of Gizmo's toys are pretty much scattered through out my house.
I'm always stepping on mice.

Shauna

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by snosrap5

I have a toy basket!
My boys are always having to pick up the cat toys and they want to know when I plan to teach the cats how to put their toys away when they're done.
My boys have a basket too.... I wish they would learn how to pick them up too....wouldn't that be nice?