Wisdom Tooth Pain :(

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ugh.

My top wisdom teeth came in just fine & dandy - no problems.

My bottom right one was a pain, but its coming in okay too.

My bottom left. Now this is a whole new problem. It hurts SO bad that my cheek is swollen and its completely horrible. I can hardly eat- and to top it off, I can't get my insurance for another 30 days
I've been popping Advil/Ibprofun every 4 hours -and that relieves the swelling and pain, but my goodness, why are these such a pain!?

Sorry - I just had to rant, cuz it hurts- my head hurts, my throat hurts, all my teeth next to the one coming in hurt, my gums hurt....
I wanna go back to bed!!

Ok, rant over til the Advil wears off again

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

Ugh.

My top wisdom teeth came in just fine & dandy - no problems.

My bottom right one was a pain, but its coming in okay too.

My bottom left. Now this is a whole new problem. It hurts SO bad that my cheek is swollen and its completely horrible. I can hardly eat- and to top it off, I can't get my insurance for another 30 days
I've been popping Advil/Ibprofun every 4 hours -and that relieves the swelling and pain, but my goodness, why are these such a pain!?

Sorry - I just had to rant, cuz it hurts- my head hurts, my throat hurts, all my teeth next to the one coming in hurt, my gums hurt....
I wanna go back to bed!!

Ok, rant over til the Advil wears off again
My bottom right was like that a few weeks ago, the pain last a couple of weeks, unfortunately i had to grin and bear it, i cant afford to get anther removed and the pain went. As you know it comes in bursts. You poor thing Kenz *hugs* im sure most people here have gone through it, and can all sympathise with you. Just keep taking the advil and maybe bonjela for the gums. Tristans mum had a thing where you bite down on a clove for the pain, maybe do some research on that. *hugs*

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh Kenz...mouth pain is the worst
And you just started your new job UGGGG...I had a lot of problems with mine and eventually they all had to come out
Many feel better vibes for you

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
awww...that's terrible

Can you get the one removed? Oh wait...you probably don't have insurance yet
Oh no! Would extremely cold water help numb it?

sibohan2005

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had to have mine taken out when I was 21, one of them was growing sideways into the jaw *ouch* I was in on and off pain for almost 2 years. I compleetly feel for you. Have you tried some ambysol (sp) the stuff they give babies for teething pain... it kind of numbs the area.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sibohan2005

I had to have mine taken out when I was 21, one of them was growing sideways into the jaw *ouch* I was in on and off pain for almost 2 years. I compleetly feel for you. Have you tried some ambysol (sp) the stuff they give babies for teething pain... it kind of numbs the area.
I was going to go get some of that tonight- and mine were coming in crooked too, but I think they have straigthend out... but when I get insurance, they are coming O-U-T! I'm going to get on Minnesota Care- so they cover EVERYTHING. Since my new job doesn't offer insurance cuz they are a smaller clinic. I can't wait to get on that insurance, I need it BAD! For this reason specificially!!

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That sucks Kenz. Having them out is the only way to get rid of the pain. Then you will look like a chipmunk for a few day and be completely fine after the swelling goes down.

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Been there, done that, took the pain pill! You have my sympathy. It sounds like it is impacted (2 of mine were). Good luck

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's been many years since my wisdom teeth cut through.

When my bottom ones were coming in I ate ice cubes. I didn't just suck on them, I put them far back over the gum area and repeatedly gently bit down. It helped to relieve the pain and pressure. I also found other things to chomp down on such as pen caps, chop sticks, my tooth brush etc. Basically anything that was hard and long enough to fit into the space.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by adymarie

Been there, done that, took the pain pill! You have my sympathy. It sounds like it is impacted (2 of mine were). Good luck
I don't know what that means- but they are coming up- I can see it.... what does impacted mean?

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

I don't know what that means- but they are coming up- I can see it.... what does impacted mean?
Impacted means instead of growing straight up it is growing in towards another tooth - hence more pain and cramped teeth and that may cause your other teeth to shift.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by adymarie

Impacted means instead of growing straight up it is growing in towards another tooth - hence more pain and cramped teeth and that may cause your other teeth to shift.
Oh great.... maybe thats my problem.... UGH.... I need health insurance- NOW!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

Oh I hope the pain goes away soon!!
I hope so too- Ive taken a total of 5 Advil today (no, not all at once!), and its still throbbing

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
AWWW!
I just had all mine pulled out and I feel much better!! If they keep bothering you, you will need to get them removed!!

I hope the pain lets up.....

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catloverin_ks

AWWW!
I just had all mine pulled out and I feel much better!! If they keep bothering you, you will need to get them removed!!

I hope the pain lets up.....
I know I have to get them removed, I just need to get my health insurance first....

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ouch, I feel your pain. I had mine taken out not too long ago and I am SO glad I did - I really suffered with them.

May I tell you that don't take ibuprofen if you are planning to get them taken out - I was told not to do that because when you do, you will bleed a lot more as it thins out the blood. Take acetaminophen instead - maybe even with codeine like Tylenol 3?

I hope you get that insurance SOON. Wisdom teeth are no fun. And the great thing about getting them taken out is no more pain - I was getting bad headaches from them almost daily and now they have abated. Thank goodness!!!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kiwideus

Ouch, I feel your pain. I had mine taken out not too long ago and I am SO glad I did - I really suffered with them.

May I tell you that don't take ibuprofen if you are planning to get them taken out - I was told not to do that because when you do, you will bleed a lot more as it thins out the blood. Take acetaminophen instead - maybe even with codeine like Tylenol 3?

I hope you get that insurance SOON. Wisdom teeth are no fun. And the great thing about getting them taken out is no more pain - I was getting bad headaches from them almost daily and now they have abated. Thank goodness!!!
I have been taking ibuprofen at times- it was all I had. But I don't know when I'll be able to get them taken out- it just depends on when my Insurance starts up.... which I hope is SOON!

I was in so much pain tonight after work that I came home and slept for 3 hours- I have had such a bad headache from the pain in my mouth that its just unreal, I'm hating life right now

Sorry for the rant too

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ow, I feel your pain.

I had an impacted wisdom tooth removed about four years ago. My advice is to listen very carefully when they explain how to avoid a dry socket. (Those hurt really, really bad and you have to do many follow-up visits.)

Hope it's all over with and better for you soon.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww Kenzie i'm sorry hon! I hope all goes well with your insurance so you're able to get that tooth out soon!