EARTHQUAKES lol I hate this

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG We just had I think 2 Earthquakes scared the crap out of me I mean they were loud and shook very hard 3.8 and 3.9
and when your right on the fault it feels worse plus being upstairs, the cats took off to,,, DH went to bed
I am not really really scared just not a good feeling, I kinda think there may be more, I can always feel them more when I sit at this desk upstairs, whew I hope thats all, rattles the nerves
Now I'll never sleep

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When things start swaying like light fixtures and doors open and close and things all rattle Its pretty scary, you never get used to it

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by techiegirl

I LOVE earthquakes! Quite the rush!
I remember sitting through a 6.8 earthquake while sitting on the 3rd floor of a 9-floor building. That wasn't fun. NZ gets quite a bit of earthquakes and apparently we are due for a big one.

techiegirl

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
According to the USGS, the Australia region has had 25 earthquakes in the last week, California has had 305! (well as of when I wrote this) http://earthquake.usgs.gov/eqcenter/....-125.-115.php

Most you can't feel, but CA and AK have the most earthquakes in the states. and we have been due for "The Big One" for awhile now - I'll wave as SoCal slides into the ocean. lol

I've been through several large ones and those were kinda scary, and I certainly don't want to make light of deaths and damages, but most earthquakes just give a rush and whenever I have been at work, most of us literally yell out "woo hoo!"
I'm just so used to them at this point they are no big deal.

punky_jen

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
only earthquack i have ever felt, here in the uk, was a teeny tiny shuffle, i didnt even know if it was real lol. Id be so scared living where there are big ersthquakes

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yikes! I am so glad I don't live in an earthquake, hurricane or torneado zone!

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Earthquakes are very scary! When I was in Guam, I went through a few. Most were just tremors but I was there for one major one. I woke up saturday night/sunday morning around 2:00am to go to the bathroom. I was sitting on the couch enjoying a midnight snack of pudding cup (sharing a little with the cats of course) and all of a sudden they just freak out! I had 5 at the time, and they all started hissing or hiding under furniture. I thought maybe there was a dog outside, so I stood up to go to the door. Suddenly, the floor shifted and I fell. We had a carved wooden lion's head above the couch that fell off the wall right where I had been sitting! Luckily, our bookshelves were secured to the wall, but the books fell out. And then the power went. It lasted probably 30 seconds, but it was the scariest 30 seconds of my life. I kept trying to get up to get to a safe place, but couldn't. I found out the next day it was a 6.8! The epicenter was 100 miles off shore and luckily it was deep, or else there would have been more damage. As it was, there were a lot of damaged roads and building and power was off until late Sunday night. Of course, I was flying home on Monday for a visit and planned on doing laundry before I went. That didn't happen!

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

You know, in the winter I complain about the snow and cold, but I'll take that over the earth moving beneathe my feet or hurricanes any day!!!
I would jump at every little bump & never sleep again!

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by adymarie

Yikes! I am so glad I don't live in an earthquake, hurricane or torneado zone!
Me too.
I was camping in the states when I was a kid and there was a hurricane and it was so scary. Our trailer was rocking back and forth and almost fell over.