I got pulled over....

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yup-thats right!! Monday I was on my way to another town about 15 min from here and I was pulling off one highway onto another and I "rolled" thru the stop sign,lol. Or so the trooper said!! Luckily I didnt get a ticket-just a warning and also for my window tinti being too dark in the back and also because my windshield is cracked....oh yeah and my address isnt current on my license!! He must of been really bored!!
But I am glad he didnt ticket me. Its been Click it or Ticket here all weekend/week. I did have my seat belt on though!!

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catloverin_ks

Yup-thats right!! Monday I was on my way to another town about 15 min from here and I was pulling off one highway onto another and I "rolled" thru the stop sign,lol. Or so the trooper said!! Luckily I didnt get a ticket-just a warning and also for my window tinti being too dark in the back and also because my windshield is cracked....oh yeah and my address isnt current on my license!! He must of been really bored!!
But I am glad he didnt ticket me. Its been Click it or Ticket here all weekend/week. I did have my seat belt on though!!
Well yay for the seatbelt! That's very important...now about the dark tinting! lol

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Dragoriana

Well yay for the seatbelt! That's very important...now about the dark tinting! lol
The tint was like that when we bought the car!!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
the reason there are laws about tint is so that officers can see into the car and make sure nobodys pointing a weapon at them. colin HATES cars with tints that are too dark because someone could potentially be hiding in the back and so on. he won't pull someone over JUST for that unless he suspects something is what he's said before....also you going through the sign and having your windows tinted too dark - the officer probably pulled you over for something small like that just to check you out and make sure you didn't have any warrants or things like that (tail lights and expired tags as well as no seatbelts are biggies around here for the officers to pull over- they pull over for the small things so they can make sure there is nothing else big going on- like warrants/drugs/etc.) most of the time colin lets people off on a warning if there's nothing wrong aside from that. sounds like you got a nice cop
(it sucks to get pulled over- but at least your police officers in your area are making sure the citizens stay safe and nothing is going on)

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Crazyforinfo

Wow you are lucky to not get a ticket! What put that cop in a good mood?
LOL!! I have no clue. I havent been pulled over in like 10 yrs...maybe that has something to do with it!!? I really dunno....

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

LOL!! I have no clue. I havent been pulled over in like 10 yrs...maybe that has something to do with it!!? I really dunno....
my guess would be that you were cooperative with the officer (always helps!) and were polite- he probably saw you were a good person and let ya off!

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

my guess would be that you were cooperative with the officer (always helps!) and were polite- he probably saw you were a good person and let ya off!
Very well could be.....

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If that happened in Basking Ridge,NJ, you would have 4 tickets, and anything else they could find!

tigerontheprowl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

The tint was like that when we bought the car!!
That's why Canada is great. We have laws about tint but most of the cops here just don't care anymore. My friend has 25% tint on his FRONT side windows and he still hasn't gotten pulled over. I think the legal limit for the front ones here is 65%.

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
O wow! At least u got a warning though
, most cops let you go with a warning if everything seems alright and you have no bad records ect...

but..i do have a few stories to tell yall bout our so called cops

my mom...she ran into her friends house the other day to make sure the door was locked, well the fire hydriant was a little far up from where she parked (mind you car still running!) Well the cop comes up to her says is that your car, she says yes I jsut ran in to make sure the door was locked and he wrote her a $92 ticket
Mind you across the street there is another fir hydriant and well every time we drive past it theres a car right in front of it, even that day there was! But they are workers building a fence
and so they never got anything told about it, but my mom running inside to make sure her friends house was locked up (she went inside, my moms a housecleaner and also cleans the house, she got done, went to leave couldnt remember if the door was locked, so she drove back, ran in real quick to make sure, was ready to leave and got a ticket!)

My eldest brother...he was driving home the other day, he had the whole family, all three kids and his wife and himself....well appearantly on one of the other streets there must have been someone with the same kind of car as him because a cop tried telling him he went through a stop sign on a complete other street no where near where my brother was
My brother came from I think our house actually and well the stop signed he was stopped for isnt on the way
so luckily my brother got a warning, but he got pulled over for going through a stop sign that he didnt go through!

I also have seen cops around here that pulled someone over the one day who wasnt speeding or nothing they were right behind us, were plying loud music but thats common (even my dad does that) and it was 3 pm, and we were going past the mill here, well a cop was coming the other way, did a u turn and pulled the guy over! Who we didnt see do anything wrong
He had music up but that was about it you know!

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hooray for no ticket!
We have limo tint on the SUV mostly for the dogs so the car stays cool in the heat easier. We have the windows down a lot for them anyway. lol.
As an added benefit I love it b/c I feel safer with dark tinted windows when I am alone as a female driving it around. I live in a safe area and mostly have a husband, dog or two or three with me, but you just never know in today's world...

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
....was the officer at least cute? I'm glad you just got a warning. I always say, it helps to be cooperative.

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by adymarie

....was the officer at least cute? I'm glad you just got a warning. I always say, it helps to be cooperative.
Yup-he was a cutie!!! That made it worth it,hehehe.....

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Yup-he was a cutie!!! That made it worth it,hehehe.....
aaaahhhh, so you did it on purpose then. You saw him from a distance and casually rolled through that stop sign.

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am waiting to get pulled over in the truck for tint. Most of the county cops know who we are in the truck so they don't really bother us. Its the people they don't know they stop normally cause they are NOSEY!

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by adymarie

aaaahhhh, so you did it on purpose then. You saw him from a distance and casually rolled through that stop sign.
Uh huh!!

mybabyphx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG ok so since we're talking about cops here... OMG I have a story to tell you!!!

I was at a local bar like 10 minutes from my house, and I was drinking with me, my boyfriend, 2 of my cousins and some of their friends. We all stayed drinking until like 1:30AM at like 1:45 in the morning I left, and pulled out of the parking lot..... I guess there was a cop sitting across from the bar cuz as soon as I pulled out he pulled out and started following me at this point I'm like
I'm thinking in my head- I'm getting a DUI for sure. Then he puts his lights on to pull me over, so I pull over. He comes up to the vehicle and asks for my DL, and all that extra crap.... but I'm kind of drunk and for some reason I couldn't find my registration- even though I knew it was current, I just couldn't find it. So I looked at him and was like "Uh, ya it's in here I just can't find it- there's alot of paperwork in here- sorry" He's like ok, but ummm it smells like alcohol in here. My boyfriend was like "Yeah, I've been drinking!
" And then the cop looked at me and I'm like "Officer, I'm not going to lie to you. I have been at the bar and I had a couple drinks, but I don't like drinking and driving so I didn't continue to drink.." He asked me if I would get out and do the field sobriety test..."No problem" I get out and do that.. (please remember that at this point i'm TRASHED) Then he was like ok you can stop, now did you have that registration in you car... I'm like
yup. He said OK drive home safe!!!!! I cried all the way home
I was so scared!

OMG OMG OMG that was so close!

Now just so everyone on here knows: Ever since that day.. I DO NOT drink and drive. That was my warning... That was my first warning and my last. I know next time I won't be so lucky. Now I go to a bar within walking distance so that way I just have to stumble home

momof3rugratz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

wow u got lucky the cops here would of wrote u for it all.. I need to rub on you for good luck lol