Scratch's olive addiction

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think Scratch needs to go to Olives Anonymous... last week a friend came over and took these pictures of Scratch and I with her olives.

Getting started..

"Hey sis! What are ya doing?!" Squee decides to get in on the action.

While Scratch is distracted, the baby sneaks a paw into the olive jar...

Squee is licking the olive juice off her paw but Scratch doesn't even care! Her legs have become too weak due to the extreme happiness.

"Must... get... every last molecule of olive brine OFF!!!"

Scratch gets fed up with me and puts her paw over mine. "You're not holding the lid in the right place, Meowmy!!"

Scratch won't share with Squee

Squee is still licking her paw.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
that is very cute!
but just to let you know hon- it might not be a good idea to let your kitties have olives. some of the preservatives used to can olives and other things like that can be toxic to kitties.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

that is very cute!
but just to let you know hon- it might not be a good idea to let your kitties have olives. some of the preservatives used to can olives and other things like that can be toxic to kitties.
Oh crud.. Scratch doesn't eat the olives but licks the juice. Maybe I won't give her any more (only give it to her every few weeks) although she won't like that idea.

jellybella

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
what is it with the salty stuff? Bella will lick brine, feta cheese, potato chip covered fingers...I'd better hide the olives.

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I found a book called "Cats- 24 Hours a Day" by Winnifred Carriere. (Hope I remembered that right.) Anyway she tells that she was proud that she could remember how her guests liked their cocktails and when she gave a party would have the drinks ready by the time they arrived.

Well, she noticed that the olives she was sure she was putting in the drinks were not there and began to question her memory.

One evening they came into where the drinks were (it was warm so no coats to hang up) and found her cat dipping his paws into the glasses and snagging the olives.

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know, I know! It's because they're salty! LuckyGirl loves anything salty! (just like her momma!
) She will sit & beg DH for a sunflower seed covered in salt to lick.... at the end of the bag he'll put his finger in & let her lick the powder off.... she loves that....

beandip

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Moz

Oh crud.. Scratch doesn't eat the olives but licks the juice. Maybe I won't give her any more (only give it to her every few weeks) although she won't like that idea.
Oh, I don't think a little salty olive juice is the end of the world. There's much nastier stuff in some cat foods.

The pics are very cute.

boog's mom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
That's hilarious. And you get them the fancy olives too! Stuffed Manzanitas.
Lucky kits!

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What funny little kitties!!!! You should buy some anchovy stuffed olives!!! My uncle had some and I tried it, not willingly, but they are actually really good!!!!

lnbandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Those are adorable pictures! I think cats need some salt in their system. I remember reading that the reason cats will give us a bah is to lick the salt off of our bodies (hate to say it, but the salt is from our perspiration)

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I haven't tried olives with Bijou and Mika, but our cat Ebony would go crazy if we gave him an olive. He would rub himself all over the olive and roll around the floor. He never even did that with catnip but olives turned him on!