Update on my moms surgery!

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry guys we just got home! All went well, the doctor was mad though because the hospital changed the time which was at 9:30 but my mom knew that but appearantly they didnt tell the doctor
But then it was scheduled for 11:30 and then it went to 11:45 and then they didnt come to get her until 12:30! All this was because a different doctor had surgery and what he was supposed to do he didnt and what he was doing made it last an hour longer
Our doctor told him to come apologize to us, but he never did! O well it wasnt that big of a deal we just wanted to know what was going on you know!

But the surgery went well
The doctor said that she could of had the laporoscopy
this doctor tho didnt know if it would be best, but it turns out everything looked good the are getting a biopsy but she doesnt think there was any cancer or anything
And well my mom was so out of it, and she was fighting sleep because we were there so we left so she could rest, but the doctor said that her surgery was one of the easiest hysterectomies she has done
So she will be there for 2 to 3 days ! But everythign went well, so thank u all for all the good vibes and prayers, and please keep them coming

lokismum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so glad that everything went well! That's a huge relief for you and your family, I'm sure!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
thanx everyone, I am so relieved about it all thats for sure, she needed it down and she finally went for it
So I have been updatign everyone all day, had a teacher call and say I might not graduate on all days, and on top of that he told my brother
which its none of his business, but anywho she cant wait to come home in 3 days! I actually handeled today pretty well
Its the worrying that i think is the worst and then seeing them after surgery, but luckily there was no tube down her throat and everything so I was happy about that! But I am so relieved and well last night she got more sleep than me
I was too worried about today
so hopefully I get a good nights sleep and everything stays good

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yay!! I am so glad to hear it went so well. I will continue to keep her in my thoughts and prayers as she heals.

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ProudKittieMom

thanx everyone, I am so relieved about it all thats for sure, she needed it down and she finally went for it
So I have been updatign everyone all day, had a teacher call and say I might not graduate on all days, and on top of that he told my brother
which its none of his business, but anywho she cant wait to come home in 3 days! I actually handeled today pretty well
Its the worrying that i think is the worst and then seeing them after surgery, but luckily there was no tube down her throat and everything so I was happy about that! But I am so relieved and well last night she got more sleep than me
I was too worried about today
so hopefully I get a good nights sleep and everything stays good
I think it's harder for us to see our parents go into surgery than it is for them! I was the same way when my mom had surgery. I'm so glad things went well. Get her home, pamper her and love her!

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by calico2222

I think it's harder for us to see our parents go into surgery than it is for them! I was the same way when my mom had surgery. I'm so glad things went well. Get her home, pamper her and love her!
She will
! She has already said how she is going to need to depend on me and such, my dad will have to go back to work, my brother well is my brother
(another post coming about that)! ANd well theres me
she told me run the household
But I did think I was going to be more emotional, but I went through this with my dad whenever he had colon cancer in 2000 then again last year, and then my pap went thru it with my dad but didnt make it
and well I think I was just so relieved that it went ok and she doesnt think that there was any cancer, and well that my mom also looked good after her surgery! And just I love my doctor and its hard for me to like a doctor and this is my doctor as well as my moms and well I trusted her and her coming out saying it was one of the best shes done it, it was easy everything looked good! Also my mom being a smoker I thought there would be oxygen but they didnt need any of that or anything, she is a fighter and I am just so proud of her right now

But I know what you mean I remember when my dad went in I was a wreck because of cancer, and then again with my mom...but with my dad he had a lot more wires, oxygen, the tube in the throat, the whole shabang!

Also my mom is like my best friend, we joke, and I tell her everything, well almost everything
But she told me to be strong for her today, so I was and well of course I did have my breakdown last night but thats to be expected

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm thinking that she had a Hyster right? The 2-3 days is normal for that.I was in the hosp. for 2 days after mine and did GREAT!!
I'm glad everything went so well for her.

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so glad everything went well. Just make sure your mom keeps her incision clean. My mom had hers done years back (due to uterine cancer) and she got a very nasty infection in the incision.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a relief!
I'm so glad it went well and she looks cancer-free! That's just wonderful.

And hey... she's in the hospital for at least a few days, right? They won't let her smoke in there, right? So why should she start again when she comes home? Maybe you can talk her into deciding she's QUIT! Wouldn't that be great?

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

What a relief!
I'm so glad it went well and she looks cancer-free! That's just wonderful.

And hey... she's in the hospital for at least a few days, right? They won't let her smoke in there, right? So why should she start again when she comes home? Maybe you can talk her into deciding she's QUIT! Wouldn't that be great?
my mom quit, I cant even get her to cut back
I have tried, my dad went 8 days and soon as he got out he said light me a cigg last year when he got his surgery. But my mom wont quit, they did put her on the patch though because she smokes a pack a day I am working on it
And well it would be hipricritical (sorry spelling) if I said you cant smoke and then there is me, my dad, and my brothers all smoking you know
But heres the update...

Today was an alright day, when we got there she was up in the chair I almost freaked out like where is my mom I dont see her in her bed ! They also took the cathidor (sorry spelling again
) And well no luck so they had to put it back in, She was very bummed about it though because they said if all went well she would have gone home tomarrow~ We told her dont worry about it, last year when my dad had his surgery when they first took his cathidor out he didnt go that day ! I tried to coach her into peeing though, I told her imagine a waterfall and the sounds of a waterfall...and u know what...she pictured it and fell asleep
I was there to make sure she didnt fall over at all too when she kept dazing off!

She is trying not to use the moriphine either, she used it maybe 2 times the whole time I was there and I was there all day! She knows if you are on it and such that you are gonna be there longer when they wing you off of it and such, and she is trying to do it all on her own
she is stubborn I know!

She also did get sick once and threw up, She got really upset and so did I
about that though, and so did she! We are thinking it was the chicken broth she said it tasted like salt, But she had jello and kept that down

So tomorrow they are going to try to get her to pee on her own, and my moms one friend said theres a nerve right in the back that can help the process and such, so we will give that a shot
I just dont like seeing her so upset!

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
YOU smoke TOO? Oh sheesh... I thought since you mentioned it that she was the only one. Maybe you should all go get a group rate at a hypnosis clinic!

Throwing up is very common after the anesthesia... not a sign of any real trouble, I promise.