Ben is MISSING!

holliesmom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Since last August we've been caring for a Mom feral and her 4 kittens, we've trapped & neutered them, kept the warm in sub-zero weather, fed them 3 meals a day, and now Ben's gone!! It's been week now and we're heartbroken. He's never left the yard for more that 12 hours. I just want to ask if anyone's had experience with a neutered feral that just decided to take a vacation, and do they return?

Here's our Sweet Ben before his ear-tipping

kitytize

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Growing up I had a neutered feral and he would disappear for up to 2 weeks at a time. He always came back and lived to be 14 years old.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

holliesmom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank U kitytize, that gives me hope. Looks like I messed up with attaching the photo. Is there a stickie that explains how to insert a picture?

tru

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by HolliesMom

Thank U kitytize, that gives me hope. Looks like I messed up with attaching the photo. Is there a stickie that explains how to insert a picture?
I took the liberty of downloading, cropping and linking your picture so everyone can see it. I hope he returns home soon.
Here is the picture of Ben.

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ben is so cute, I am sending hugs and prayers from Mississippi that he comes home soon.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That is one of the things we hated most about caring for the feral colony - the day one of them doesn't turn up. Sometimes it was an excursion - sometimes we never saw them again.

If I were you, I'd put up posters, I'd call local vets, I'd get pictures to them too, and I'd knock on neighbor's doors. Don't tell them it's a feral, just tell them one of your kitties is missing.

Sending HUGE "come home Ben" vibes!

Laurie

lady20

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Sending prayers and vibes that Ben comes home soon.

Mommy to 3 former ferals.