I fell in the shower today

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I swear i'm the most clumsy person ever!!! I was taking a shower earlier today and i had shaved one leg and was about to get the other one. Our shower is somewhat long- it has a glass door then you walk in and it's more long than it is wide. Anyways....so i had one leg kinda proped up on the wall so i could lather up. Then out of the blue i just had a megga dizzy spell (i have severe vertigo). Before i knew it i had landed in the front splitz with my back knee bent on the ground and my front left heel slammed into the wall extremly hard. I hobbled out of the shower looking for Colin to get some help. It hurt sooo bad!!!!! But thankfully i can walk good now (it wore off about 30 minutes ago so i can put pressure back on my ankle and walk normally again.) But man- that scared the devil out of me- i thought i was going to bust my head open
Needless to say, as soon as i got out of the shower, i took my vertigo meds
I am such a clutz!
I'm going to have some NICE bruises now

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Don't feel bad....that sounds like something I do a lot!
I hope your bruises aren't too nasty!

princess-pickle

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It's pretty scary really. All that trouble we go to, making our legs smooth and lovely. It's worth the risk though!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks you guys. It really scared me- i felt the dizzy spell comming on but it hit me soo quickly i couldn't do anything about it. (i have very nasty vertigo episodes- usually the meds- i take 3x a day- they control it and i'm usually symptom free for the most part- but sometimes,reguardless i get them). My knee is starting to swell up pretty bad so i have an ice pack on it. Uhhh me and my clumsy self
By the way- i only shaved one leg before it happened- so they're quite miss matched at the moment
guess i should fix that later!

tigerontheprowl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good thing you didn't get hurt too bad. I've experience being really dizzy a few times. Once I got so dizzy that I passed out
. Another time, I had a huge headache and I got dizzy and tripped on something and hit my head and knocked myself out for about a minute and when I came to, it felt like I had just gotten about 12 hours of sleep
I felt soo good.

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's a good thing you weren't seriously hurt! I hope the swelling on your knee goes down.

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I slipped once in the shower and hit my head so hard I had to go to the urgent care

I feel your pain. I am a ridiculous klutz too.
Hope your knee/foot feels better!

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am glad you didn't hit your head, but I am REALLY glad you didn't hit the glass door. That could have cause any number of bad things. Hope you knee is better.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
thanks guys. my knee is still killin me
i'm going to take one of my anti-inflamatories in a minute (it just so happened that i hit my bad knee
of course! i messed up my knees a few years back when i used to do every sport under the sun...mainly running and cheering. i have arthritis and tendonidious in both knees but my right is worse- so now it's really hurting.) i'm thinking the ice packs will help though!! My other leg doesn't hurt at all so that's great!
it definitely could have been worse- i'm lucky!!! I'm also glad i'm pretty flexible
if not- those splitz i landed myself into might have hurt!!

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Seconding the motion of a shower seat! They have them fairly inexpensively at medical supply places, but you can also use a plain old plastic lawn chair if it's a good stable design. Much easier when shaving, too!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SwampWitch

I'm glad you didn't hurt yourself too much!

I'm kind of worried about you, with this, the swollen hands, the nail problem... You have a check-up coming up soon, right?
my hands went down- could have just been something i ate (i had pms at the time)
/ i don't have a check up anytime soon, actually, my insurance runs out on my birthday (july 29) so i'm trying to see if my new job will give me my benifits soon. keep your fingers crosses. i checked out ok the last time i went to the doctor so i think i'm ok.....just clumsy- my knee is really hurting!

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GingersMom

I'm REALLY glad that you didn't hit your head!!!
yea that.

i am glad you ok, hm a few black and blue makes just make you look that much tougher

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by theimp98

yea that.

i am glad you ok, hm a few black and blue makes just make you look that much tougher
that's good- maybe i can intemidate colin with my toughness

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww no you poor thing! *hugs* just know you're not the first person to do that!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Dragoriana

Aww no you poor thing! *hugs* just know you're not the first person to do that!
thanks hon that makes me feel better

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

thanks hon that makes me feel better
My shower is a tall slim cubicle, mum and dad have the shower/bath combo (yes i actually have my own bathroom, the only GOOD thing since moving to this house 11 months ago) it's amazing how little room you actually need to have an accident lol