Global warming? I think not.

tigerontheprowl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't think global warming has any effect on my city considering that it's SNOWING!
I thought winter was over. We have had rain for a couple days straight now and all of a sudden it started to snow
. I think Canada has skipped the whole global warming phase and went straight to the next ice age.

bakearama

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Global warming causes many very strange changes. Just because it has the word warming in it doesn't mean it only gets warmer. There are similar patterns now as there were before each ice age so far. Global Warming might actually put the Earth into it's next ice age.

princess-pickle

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Lots of scientists have been saying that global warming is really natural and has happened since the earth came about. I don't know personally but I still do my bit by recycling things.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Princess-Pickle

Lots of scientists have been saying that global warming is really natural and has happened since the earth came about. I don't know personally but I still do my bit by recycling things.
that is more what i think as well. but reguardless, i still try to do my share to conserve and not waste when i can help it. i use energy effecient lights, recycle everything we can, and do little things like that

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by TigerOnTheProwl

I don't think global warming has any effect on my city considering that it's SNOWING!
I thought winter was over. We have had rain for a couple days straight now and all of a sudden it started to snow
. I think Canada has skipped the whole global warming phase and went straight to the next ice age.
It hasn't started snowing here yet but I'm scared it will.
I wish this rain would stop.. it's FREEZING in here!

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Global warming has nothing to do with your local weather, and as has been mentioned, weather problems caused by small changes in temperature can cause weird things like snow in May.

Anyway, enjoy the snow!

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am in the same boat as you. Whenever I say what you are saying right now people always come back and say "Global Warming isn't just warming it's making the weather crazy and unpredictable. That's why there is weird weather."
Right...then why are we calling it global WARMING then??? Sometimes I think it's a ploy considering we haven't broken many weather records and the Farmer's Almanac is pretty close usually, and that's HOW OLD?
I don't know, the environment is being hurt by the things we do, I'll admit that. If it were really that big a deal then there should be more enforcements on vehicle polution and arosal sprays should be eliminated. Till then I'm not going to worry myself about something scientists can agree upon.

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by EnzoLeya

I am in the same boat as you. Whenever I say what you are saying right now people always come back and say "Global Warming isn't just warming it's making the weather crazy and unpredictable. That's why there is weird weather."
Right...then why are we calling it global WARMING then??? Sometimes I think it's a ploy considering we haven't broken many weather records and the Farmer's Almanac is pretty close usually, and that's HOW OLD?
I don't know, the environment is being hurt by the things we do, I'll admit that. If it were really that big a deal then there should be more enforcements on vehicle polution and arosal sprays should be eliminated. Till then I'm not going to worry myself about something scientists can agree upon.
Scientists do agree on it. And most of them don't call it global warming anymore, but climate change, the greenhouse effect, etc. Effects of only a couple degrees average in the year (which nobody would notice on a day-to-day basis) are enough to cause serious damage.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/in_depth/...om/default.stm
http://climate.weather.com/?from=footer
http://www.epa.gov/climatechange/
http://www.environmentaldefense.org/page.cfm?tagid=1109

There are lots of people with billions of dollars riding on the fact that most Americans don't understand and don't want to believe the truth.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you haven't seen Al Gore's film, "An Inconvenient Truth," go rent it tonight! Yes, it's a documentary... but it's a lot of fun to watch, it's absolutely flabbergasting, and when it's over, you'll understand just how obvious it really is that the global climate change we're seeing now is not the least bit normal. You'll walk out of the theater wanting to go recycle something quick!

When I saw it, I was ready to call up Al Gore's office and beg for a JOB -- I just wanted so much to help spread the word somehow. It's a brilliant and fascinating film, and very personal in many ways, too. Very emotional at times.

And boy, do you end up wishing you'd had a teacher like him in school!