What was your first post?

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What was your first post on TCS?

To find it, you can go to "Quick Links" which is one of the drop down boxes above, then go to My Profile, then Find All Threads Started by "your username". If you've got less than 2500 posts, you can just click on Find All Posts by "Username", and then go to the last page and find your first post.

If you're a chatterbox like me, you'll have to have a bit of a search through your first threads to find the one you actually STARTED first (as opposed to the one which people last commented on, which will be the very last post in the list). Then just copy and paste into here

Ok, so this is my first post:

Hello all!

I volunteer at the local animal shelter and am fostering a young (8 months or so) kitty who was hit by a car and suffered a broken pelvis and damaged tail that's since been amputated. The pelvis was mainly fractured with a small break, so not as bad as it could have been. She came into the shelter about 2 1/2 weeks ago and I've had her at home for 2 days now. I'll be keeping her for 2-3 weeks while she recovers a bit.

She's walking quite funny - her back legs go out to the side a bit and she looks unsteady (which isn't surprising given her injuries!!). But I'm not sure if that's because she is getting used to not having a tail, the damaged pelvis or a combination or both.

Anyway, so I've been confining her to one room so she doesn't exert herself too much and has time to recover. She's a sweet sweet thing who loves to cuddle, and just loves being near people - she purrs non stop! Tonight I carried her downstairs so she could sit with me while I was watching tv, and she just explored everywhere and sniffed everything. Then she went running up the stairs, and running back down them. Then she managed to jump up onto the couch and jump back down again before I could stop her.

Now I'm trying to decide if I should let her run around for short periods since she seems happy doing it, or keep on confining her to the room. I think that having been confined for almost 3 weeks, she's desperate to run around!

Does anyone know how long these type of injuries take to heal, whether the funny walking is due to the tail or the pelvis, and have any suggestions as to what I should do?

Thanks
And that was how I got Stumpy, and how I found TCS

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here's mine. It seems so long ago, but I still remember exactly what I was feeling when I wrote this.

Originally Posted by Rang_27

Hello all. I'm new to this forum. I was wondering if anyone has any advice on how to get my cat to eat a little more. She's 16 years old & has CRF. She has always been a small cat 7 lbs in her prime, but as anyone who has ever had a CRF cat you know they are difficult to get them to eat. She refuses to eat canned food, my vet actually give me some samples to have her try, but she will not touch it. So, twice a day I take her dry food put some (probably not even 1/2 a cup) on a plate with some water & warm it up in the microwave. This helps some, but she never finishes it & she just doesn't want to eat very much. My vet did give me some appitite stimulants, but when I've tried them they make her very uncomfortable. I don't know exactly how she's feeling, but she seems to feel very jittery when I've given them to her :paranoid3 So I stopped. So basicly I'm looking for some suggestions.

Now a tip for anyone who might have a cat that doesn't seem to drink much. I just bought my cat one of those water fountain water bowls & she really likes it. I wasn't sure because she is a very picky cat, but she has been drinking very good since I bought it for her.

tigerontheprowl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My first one was

Hey everyone. I am new to this site. A little about me: I don't have any cats yet but i want a couple as soon as my job takes off a little and I have enough money to take good care of them. I love all cats but my favorite cats are cougars and tigers. Some people might think I am crazy to try to take care of such powerful but also lovable animals but I'm sure I can do it. It's nice to know that there are people like you out there that can help me if I need advice.

I gotta go now though so I'll talk to you later.
CATS RULE!

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here is mine
Originally Posted by Phenomsmom

I love my kitten. She spends every minute that i am home with me playing or sleeping on my chest. The last few days she will get as close to my face as she can, right under my chin and sleep. But she nuzzles a little and then will bite my nose, chin, or neck. Not hard enough to break the skin but hard enough for it to hurt. Why is she doing this. Has anyone else had this problem?
Thank goodness she grew out of that!

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here's mine... I was at my wits ends when I found TCS and I'm very happy to say that this problem seems to be a non-issue anymore. (Knocks on wood!)
Ok, I need help... bad.
I have an 8yo calico (Frankie) that has a peeing problem. It's been on-going for years (4+) now and has become more frequent lately. I'm at the end of my rope and if something doesn't work soon I'm afraid I'll have to adopt her out. I really don’t want to. I’ve had her since she was a few days old. She was abandoned by mom (or mom got hit I’m not sure) and when I found her, her eyes weren’t even open yet. I took her to work with me…bottle fed her and taught her to potty so she really is part of the family.

Some details...

-As I said she's about 8
-This has been a problem for years
-She's been given a clean bill of health (more than once) and the vet says it's behavioral and doesn't appear to be spraying but is actually peeing.
-We also have a kitten (about 1.5 yo, male {Wicket})
-They are both fixed
-Her peeing behavior didn't changed at all when we got him
-I've tried deterants like tinfoil, chilli powder, and various other things including the Feliway diffuser for around 3 months (which she peed right in front of more than once)
-I always throughly clean the areas when she pees
-It's typically when we're asleep or gone that she pees but she does do it when we are home too occasionally
-I always praise her when she does use the litter box for anything
-She always poops in her box
-I clean the box everyday

I've read that you can begin to re-train a cat by limiting their access to other rooms in the house but I'm afraid confining her would cause seperation anxiety for Wicket (and possible her as well) and I don't think it's fair to confine them both for 2 reasons 1) being locked up together might stress her out because he is high energy and 2) I feel it's unfair to confine him when he's done nothing wrong. I'm gratefull everyday that he doesn't pick up Frankie's bad habit. I'm also worried about deterants because in the past if it has kept her away from a particular spot it only causes her to find a new bad spot instead of sending her back to the box. I'm going to change their feeding schedule so that I can maybe confine us both to the litter room after shes eaten so I can encourage her to use the box and praise her if she does. I'm also going to schedule playtime for just her and do the same thing after playtime (visit the box). Plus, I just read about Vodka to clean up the smell and citrus to deter her which I'm going to try. The vet suggested anti-depressants as a possible solution but with no gaurentee and the way my cat react to pills I'm not ready to try that (she foams at the mouth at the very site of pills) But any other ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. If you need to know anything else let me know… I tried to include everything I could think of that is related to this.

fostermomm

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
This was my first post.

Hi I need some advice. Im currently fostering a mom and her 6 5 week old kittens. Ive had them for a week and they are all doing pretty well. Skye (mom) who was very thin and sickly when she came here is starting to fill out nicely. Though you can still see every bone in her body. 5 of the kittens are also doing well theyve started eating canned food and nibbling on Skye's food. But one of the kittens Luna (the runt) isnt eating any of the canned or Skyes food. She is only nursing and Skye isnt producing that much milk anymore. Luna weighs about half as much as her littermates. Shes active and playful but Im worried shes not getting enough to eat. Should I be worrying about her not even trying the canned food. She wont even lick it at all. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I havnt ever fostered cats/kittens before. Just dogs and Im really nervous!

sibohan2005

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here is mine, and I have to say I was brash, I didn't even say "Hi i'm new here" or anything. I hope my manners have improved since then.

Overweight Kitty

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I recently moves to a new apartment and brought my beautiful green eyed Calico Sibohan to live with me, she had been staying at my parents for a few months while I was in Limbo. My parents Cat Duke a 25lb Orange and White apparently fell in love with Sibohan and now is compleetly depressed. I have agreed to add Duke to my family but am concerned about the needs of such an overweight individual, I mean he barely fits into the cat carrier.
Does anyone have any ideas on how to slim down the dear little boy? I live in a 1 bedroom apartment, I already feed them seperately and Duke Will not walk on a leash.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This was mine:

Originally Posted by white cat lover

Hello all!

I am here in cold Minnesota! I have one adult cat named Twitch. I also recently got a kitten named Lily. Lily is a brown tabby. Neither one is a well bred cat. They are both the basic cat that fills a shelter. I love my two little babies! Just thought I had better say "hello" from me, Twitch, & Lily. You can say hello back, but I doubt Twitch will listen. She is deaf. Don't mind her if she doesn't say Hi back! lol
Twitch

I don't have any pictures of Lily on the ocmputer yet, but I will try to remember to post them as soon as I do!
Boy, I sounded like a dork!

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think mine got lost in the great crash - I lost over 1000 posts....anyway - it was way back in 2001.

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here's mine!

Hi everyone! My name is Jenny and I just joined. I have 1 cat named Emily, a mixed domestic short hair. She is almost 4 years old now. I got her from the Delaware SPCA when I was in college. Soon I am going to look for a friend for Emily, probably a kitten! Hopefully they will get along.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by adymarie

I think mine got lost in the great crash - I lost over 1000 posts....anyway - it was way back in 2001.
It would be worth looking...it was only the posts between sometime in June 2004 and early December 2004 that were lost in the crash. Mine's from July 2003...

Hi, all...
...just lurking here in the weeds, reading everyone else's posts, and thought I should introduce myself and my (sweet) monsters.

I'm Fran, in Vancouver, BC, and said monsters are Suzy, not quite 4, grey tabby and white shorthair; Cindy and Fawn, litter mates, 2 and a bit, black tortie and fawn tabby, respectively, the latest in the long line of feline friends; and Rob, honorary cat, AKA husband .

When I get my act together and figure out posting pictures to the web, I'll include pics of the fur people, of which I have more than a few, even of Cindy and Suzy -- who hate cameras but don't mind the digital -- but especially of Fawn, who is enough of a ham to butt in when I'm taking other photos and flop in a fetching pose before me.

I think I'm going to like it here, though I'll probably have to ration my time, or I won't get anything else done !

Back to reading, now. Talk to you soon.

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here's mine, from June 6, 2006.

Originally Posted by Moz

I'm new here -- hello!

My only cat, Scratch [we named her after the song "Cat Scratch Fever"], was laying in bed with me early yesterday morning. She got up and jumped off my bed, but I noticed that where she was lying, there was two large pools of blood. I know it was blood and not "poo", it had the colour of dry blood but it was very thick. I freaked out and got my brother to call the vet.

The vet said that Scratch had something wrong with her uterus [I forget the scientific term for it] and she had to be spayed immediately, since whatever she had is life-threatening.

They spayed her first thing this morning, and we're supposed to call in a bit so see how she is doing. I miss my kitty and I want her to come home!

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

Boy, I sounded like a dork!
I still sound like a dork and I've been here for a year.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Moz

I still sound like a dork and I've been here for a year.
Well, at least I'm not alone!

I can't get over that I only had 2 cats to introduce!
You guys wrecked me & made me get up to 6! ROFL

mybabyphx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I first came onto TCS looking for help for PHX. When I first got him he meowed all morning, all evening, all night when i was sleeping. CONSTANTLY! I came onto TCS, and got great advice... and well here I am!!!

My first post:

I have a beautiful boy named PHX. He is the greatest cat in the world. You know I don't have any big problems with him. He doesn't pee on my stuff, he uses the kitty litter box, eats regularly, purrs, loves attention, doesn't eat human food, doesn't claw at furniture too much. Sounds like a great cat huh? Well, I wanna know why he MEOWS ALOT! He meows when I'm at work during the day, and when I'm trying to sleep! What is up? I give him plenty of toys, food, water, clean kitty litter box and plenty of attention. How can I get him to shut up? He is part Siamese.... I know that has something to do with this. But I don't care- I just want him to be quiet!!!

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This was my first post. I was frantic to find some opinions and understand what happened and what to do with a blind kitty. But she's doing great I haven't updatted lately and she is still blind. She is getting around perfectly now!

Originally Posted by EnzoLeya

My six month old kitten was recently spayed and when we got her back she was acting funny. We took her to the vet on Saturday and they confrimed that she is blind. The said they were sorry it happend and they don't know why. It is supposed to be one of the best pet hospitals in town (Cedar Rapids, IA). It's now just a waiting game to see if she gets any sight back. Has anyone ever heard of this?? What should I do??

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Wow, pretty much everyone came here looking for specific kitty advice and have stayed