Let's get to know eachother.....

mybabyphx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok, so I thought it would be fun to find out more information about people... I'm not going to list a whole bunch of questions and have everyone fill them out. What I am going to do though is just ask that you write a little information about you... you can write whatever you want others to know about you and your life! This could be fun

I'll start:

Hi
My name is Tiffany. I am 21 years old. I'm 4'10", and yes I know I'm really short yes i know. My nickname back in Iowa was Umpa Lumpa from Charlie and the chocolate factory ...haha. I live in Scottsdale Arizona with my boyfriend John and our cat PHX. Right now we also have a roommate that's kind of staying with us for a little while. Me and my boyfriend have been together for 3.5 yrs (just dating) and we don't plan on having kids or getting married anytime soon- someday- but not yet!!

I moved to Arizona in June 2006. I was born and raised in the mid west (Minnesota & Iowa) and that's where alot of my family lives now. My dad lives in Arizona so that's what brought me and my boyfriend here. Me, my boyfriend, and our room mate are all from Iowa
I also have another cat named Chewy (chewbacca) but when I moved to AZ I had to leave him with my mom in IA, I will hopefully be going to go get him this summer to bring him home with me
after being apart for almost a year now!!!

I work as a receptionist/dispatcher for a locksmith company. Our main office is in Arizona, but we actually do our jobs in Arizona, Georgia, Massachusetts, and starting next month Ohio as well! I really like my job here, I have 3 bosses and they are all from Israel. They are cool

Well, hmmm I can't think of anything else right now.... YOUR TURN!!!

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My name is Britni, I'm 21 years old. I live in Indiana (Cincinnati area) with my boyfriend, John. John and I will have been together 2 years in September. We currently live with his family on a farm. Living with us are 7 draft horses, 6 dogs (our 4 + his dad's 2), 7 adult cats (including his dad's 2), 11 kittens (and another pregnant foster so more kittens on the way), and 1 fat old barn cat - a Siamese named Louie. John collects classic cars, motorcycles, scooters, and mopeds, and we currently have about 15 old cars out here, plus 1 motorcycle and 6? scooters and mopeds... we spend our evenings and weekends either working on the cars or going to look at something new that he wants to buy.

I've lived in Indiana all of my life. I had a rough childhood and no longer talk to my family... and I like it that way. I was homeschooled, and finished high school when I was 16. I got my associate's degree and am a certified veterinary assistant but haven't been able to find a job at a vet's office yet.

I used to work for animal control, which started my small rescue group and fostering homeless animals. I'm currently unemployed which gives me plenty of time for my animals. I'll be finding a job in the next year or so, so I'll have to take a break on the fostering for a little while until everything gets settled.

My hobbies other than the animals and the cars are writing and I play guitar.

That's about all I can think of!

kaylacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My name is Rachel. I am 21 years old. I am 5'6". I live with my mom and my younger brother (who I don't get along with.
). Born and raised in Ohio. I have 11 cockatiels, 1 blue and gold macaw named Charlie and 6 cats...plus 2 strays and 1 semi feral named Pumkin who is my baby. Me and my mom share the cats but the birds are all mine. She does help give them attention though. My animals are my babies and I don't know what I would do without them.

I am a very shy and quiet person until I get to know people.

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
my name is Krista and I am 21 years old and I am 5'4" and a half.. I was born here in Northwest Montana and raised in Fallon, Nevada and came back here in the
1996 because my dad lost his job at the coca-cola company in Nevada and got a new job here at a Pepsi plant and has worked there for 12 years now.

We only had our basset hound/beagle mix Buddy then. He was attacked by an akita in Nevada when he got loose and he had to be pts in 1997 and that's when we got our black lab mix, Rocky before we had to put Buddy pts. then we got Jenny in 1998 as a pal for Rocky she is a rottie/yellow lab mix so both of these dogs are still alive and my childhood dogs I grew up with.. Rocky is almost 11 and Jenny just turned 9 last month.

in 2003, when my grandmother died my aunt inherited Ginger a corgi mix she will be 7 in July but Ginger hates my aunts chihuahuas so we took her in.

in 2004 we got Buster our hound he's a red tick/treeing walker coonhound
and after that we got Miagi because a lady found him in a basement and didn't want him. it was so her loss and in February of 2005 we got Tiger as a pal for Miagi since Buster got way too big for him to play with.
Tiger was a rescue also he was thrown out of a car
and dumped with another cat and these nice people took him and the other cat in and we went to look and they brought Tiger out first and I fell in love and the rest is history.

Anyways, I don't have a job right now but I do volunteer at my local animal shelter Tuesday - Saturday and LOVE it! It's my home away from home.
I live with my parents and "our" furbabies Miagi, Tiger (cats) and Jenny, Rocky, Ginger, and Buster (dogs)

I have one brother who is 1 year a month and 4 days older than me. He will be 23 in August and I will be 22 in September. I think that's all to say about me.
also, I love to listen to music preferably hip hop. I love to listen to music by Kelly Clarkson, the black eyed peas, the fray, green day, Ciara, Fergie, Nelly Furtado and lots more.

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mybabyphx

I didn't realize how many people on here are 21! LOL
hehe I think a lot of people around here are around 20-30

fostermomm

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Hi my name is Mary Im 20 years old and I have a 10 week old daughter named Ariana. Me and her dad are divorced and hes not really in the picture. I live right outside of a small town in Arkansas. I moved here with my exhusband about a year ago. I used to live in a small town in Missouri. I grew up in the Ozarks near the Branson area. Im only 5' tall. I work at a very small pet store here in town. I have no pets of my own but do have 2 adult foster cats and their 8 kittens

alice_curiouser

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm 4'10", and yes I know I'm really short yes i know.
I'm Renee and I'M TALLER THAN YOU ARE!!! Sorry, I'm 4'11" and I don't get to say that much.

Otherwise, there's not much to say. I have no brothers or sisters, and my parents are weird, but generally okay peoples. I'm married to a guy that I dated for ten years. We have an adorable 6-year-old daughter, plus I have two sons by a previous marriage. My husband is a land surveyor, I stay at home and take care of the animals, and of course the human children when they're not in school. Theorhetically I have some hobbies, though I never seem to stop futzing with the computer long enough to do them. I'm a Mac owner and I love video games.

Oh, and I'm not 21.

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi, my name is Adrienne and unlike many of the above posters who are young, young, young (IMO compared to me), I am 36. I live in Toronto, where I have lived the majority of my life (except for university in Windsor). I work for the Canadian federal government, but still have not officially had training for my new position which is why I am on TCS so much. My training will start inSeptember, after that, I'll have less TCS time.

I married my DH John in 1996, almost 3 years to the day anniversary of our 1st kiss. We have had our ups and downs, but I don't know what I'd do without him. Prior to being with him, I never had a cat - he bought me my 1st 2, Pepperpot and Sugarly 1 week before our wedding. I found TCS in 2001 after Sugarly was having some behavioural issues. My princess Sugarly had to be put down May of 2005. I still miss her. Approximately 2 years after getting my 1st 2 kitties we got Excalibur, followed by Merlin 2 years later, followed by Striker (aka Gweeky) 1 year later. i cannot picture my life without my cats.

We tried for 5 years to get pregnant, but I had PCOS (polycystic ovary syndrome) and need fertility treatment to concieve Kevin. After a difficult delivery (I was rushed into surgery 30 minutes after delivery with hemoraging). 5 months after Kevin's birth I discovered i was preggers again (I said "I'm WHAT!"). Derek has been as much of a blessing as his brother.

I have issues with my side of the family and I really miss my MIL since she passed away in April. I am currently feeling overwelmed and stress due to my hubby's health issues and a few other miscellanous things. I could use about 4 extra hours of sleep at night and an extra set of arms and eyes to deal with my fur and skin kids.

princess-pickle

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My name is Samantha, I'm 14 years old (I know...really young!) and 5 foot exactly!
I live with my parents, twin sister and a few pets.
I've grown up in the south of Wales but I'll be moving to England next year.
I was a Jehovahs Witness until I was 9, I left for personal reasons. I live in the middle of a really big forest with lots of wildlife. Here's a list of my pets: 1 very old rat called Orli, 2 tarantulas named Rosy, Humphrey, and Bernie, 1 rabbit called Silky (breed unknown!), a big snail called Ferrari. My sister has a few reptiles. I also have an adopted sister, called Pickle (cat!).
I will be starting year 10 in school in September.
I love horses and will hopefully be getting my own shortly.

I don't have much else to tell you, I have a fairly boring life!

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm Ashley (
), better known on here as Moz and I'm fifteen. I'm from Saskatchewan and I love it here and will probably stay here my whole life. Right now I go to two different high schools which kind of sucks. Last year I started having health issues and had to be homeschooled for quite some time. In August I started going to my new school which only has about thirty kids (it's an alternative school). I'm 5'3" and about as pale as the background on the main page here.
I live with my two brothers (24 and 19) and my parents and am currently jobless. I also practically live at the library.

Um.. I don't know what else to say!
I'm not that exciting.

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm Hope and I'm 37 (wishing I was 21 again!). I now live in West Virginia with DH Chip, but am originially from Maryland...so I moved 15 minutes away but it is a different world! My MIL actually deeded over 5 acres of her land to us so we actually live right down the dirt road from her. But, I love her to death and she does respect our privacy so it's ok.

I did live in Guam for 4 years (my claim to fame around here!) and miss it so much sometimes. I moved there because I met a guy on the internet
but I don't regret it a bit. It was a great experience, and we still chat occassionaly online. BTW, this was before I was married.

Chip and I have 6 indoor cats and 2 dogs (chocolate lab and pug), plus a ton of barn cats that we feed and take care of. The barn is actually my MIL's. She has 7 adult goats, 14 baby goats now, a donkey named Clementine, a possessed goose (the thing is just scary!) and 3 Guinnie hens (not sure how to spell that) that are the strangest looking birds in the world! Needless to say, it is a literal zoo around here!

mirinae

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm Sara and I'm 28. I live in southwestern Ontario with my fiance and our two kitties, Spike and Oz. I joined TCS when I was looking for advice on how to deal with Spike's behavioural/learning problems, and just sort of stuck around, although I think I mostly just learned to accept Spike the way he is and celebrate the mini-victories (hooray! today he remembered that the stove is hot! ... that sort of thing), rather than try to change his behaviour. I'm a writer and an administrative assistant; I'm also a major, major geek (as if you couldn't tell by the fact that my cats are named for Buffy: the Vampire Slayer characters!). J and I are planning on getting married in August 2008 (08/08/08), in either Cuba or the Dominican Republic; J's younger sister is getting married this summer and I'm one of her bridesmaids, which is proving to be every bit as stressful as I imagined it would be (god help me when it comes time for my own wedding ...). I'm currently helping to foster a mother cat and her four kittens (which is why I'm covered in scratches) and am beginning to seriously consider keeping the mother cat (which will horrify J ... he's happy with two cats) -- I don't see her doing well in a shelter environment and am a little concerned about her chances of adoption. I consider myself to be extremely outspoken (read: loud-mouthed) and have an opinion on pretty much everything.
Oh, and I'm currently obsessed with The Sims 2: Seasons, so J (who wants to play World of Warcraft) and I are fighting over computer time, which is why I only post from work: if I'm at home, either I'm playing Sims, or J's on the computer!

whosamyhercules

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hola...My name is Tyler which I hateeee my name. Im 22 soon to be 23 Im engaged to my bf and we have 2 daughters, 4 cats, and one psychotic basset hound. I have stress issues and Im currently working on them...I dont have a job except to be the slave to everyone else in my house. I hate to clean so housework is a big issue with me. Laundry is the worst. But I love to fix up the house that Dave owns. I get a long pretty well with my family but I cant really stand Daves...His sister and I DO NOT get along in any way shape or form and dont bother hiding it from anyone else..Especially the people who have already witnessed us fighting. Daves family pretty much thinks we are crazy because we would rather have our animals than have another kid. The breeder we got our basset from is going to be breeding Alaskan Malamutes in Nov and their dogs are puppies from two of the dogs out of 8 Below...So now we are budgeting big time to save up for this puppy which I really could do without but I really really really want a big dog..LOL...Umm I guess thats about it...Im an open book tho..Ive got nothing to hide really..cept my dirty laundry..lol

catmomof2

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hello
My name is Kelly. I am 31 years old.I live in Pa, near Philly. I am a wife ( married 6 years ) and mother of 3 children 2 girls 1 boy. We have a turtle and 2 cats male 5 years old and female 7 weeks both get along together GREAT
I am a stay at home mom while my hubby works for a family business. I'm kept busy with my skin and fur babies that includes hubby