I can't take this anymore..

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Me and my mom always get along atleast we used to. We are always fighting these days and my dad always takes her side and never listens to what I have to say. I just called him and told him I am sick of fighting with her and he said yeah well it's your fault and I just hung up. maybe it is. I am blamed for everything he NEVER listens to what I have to say and ALWAYS takes her side. It has always been that way. It seems like only my animals understand what I go through and atleast they don't stab me in the back.
I am just so sick of this. I only stay for the animals, they are good to them and everything but I cannot part with my animals even if it's for my own sanity. I can't live without them. I just needed to vent. nobody needs to reply I am just sick of this and it doesn't help that I am pms'ing.

tigerontheprowl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It used to be the same in my house. I was always blamed but i couldn't move out because I was having trouble finding a good paying job. Then I was in a car accident and as soon as I got the insurance money, I packed my things and left. Luckily I didn't have any cats back then so I didn't have to worry about them trying to keep much saying "We bought it for you therefore we can decide who gets it."

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
thanks guys

I called my dad and my mom took him lunch and they said we would try to get along. I just hate fighting especially with the people I love.

I also can't find a job here and need one to move out. I've tried or else I would move out in a heartbeat. I just can't part with my animals, but I am sure you all know that.

mybabyphx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh hunny.... I'm sorry....I used to fight with my mom ALL THE TIME!!!! But after I moved halfway across the US... we get along alot better now. Things will be ok
If you ever need to chat, you can PM me... I've been there done that and understand the frustration your feeling..
Remember... you are loved!

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Why is it that we always seem to fight more with the people we love...probably because we care more about them I guess. I am sorry you are having such a difficult time!

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
As the mom of an older daughter, I can only say that there are times she feels her dad and I aren't being fair to her. I disagree. We've bent over backwards to provide for her and help her when she's made bad decisions and bailed her out of difficulty a number of times. If anyone isn't being fair it would be her not being fair to her dad and I. We work our butts off to keep our home and property nice - she does very little to pitch in and help.

So my point is rather than sit back and call "foul" - figure out if they really are as bad as you think and whether you may be contributing to the problem as well.

Not a lecture - just a perspective.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yosemite

As the mom of an older daughter, I can only say that there are times she feels her dad and I aren't being fair to her. I disagree. We've bent over backwards to provide for her and help her when she's made bad decisions and bailed her out of difficulty a number of times. If anyone isn't being fair it would be her not being fair to her dad and I. We work our butts off to keep our home and property nice - she does very little to pitch in and help.

So my point is rather than sit back and call "foul" - figure out if they really are as bad as you think and whether you may be contributing to the problem as well.

Not a lecture - just a perspective.
I do get what you're coming from, but I appreciate what my parents do for me, I really do and try to help out as much as I can even though I don't have a job and they know that. I'm sure your daughter appreciates what you guys do for her as well.

My mom gives me rides to the shelter every day I don't have my license yet..
but I tell her thank you every day. I help around the house and help keep it clean and help out with the animals, too. I know you're not lecturing me.
and I am not saying they are bad at all. I love my parents and would never call them the bad guys and I don't blame them for everything that goes wrong. I am just having an emotional day and that's probably why I over reacted. I would never make my parents look bad, I just needed to vent and that's all. I didn't mean to imply they are bad parents because they are not. They give me everything and I love them for that and I try to make it clear that I appreciate everything they do for me even though sometimes I don't thank them but they know how much I appreciate them doing whatever they can for me to be happy. I hope I made sense here.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Miagi's_Mommy

I do get what you're coming from, but I appreciate what my parents do for me, I really do and try to help out as much as I can even though I don't have a job and they know that. I'm sure your daughter appreciates what you guys do for her as well.

My mom gives me rides to the shelter every day I don't have my license yet..
but I tell her thank you every day. I help around the house and help keep it clean and help out with the animals, too. I know you're not lecturing me.
and I am not saying they are bad at all. I love my parents and would never call them the bad guys and I don't blame them for everything that goes wrong. I am just having an emotional day and that's probably why I over reacted. I would never make my parents look bad, I just needed to vent and that's all. I didn't mean to imply they are bad parents because they are not. They give me everything and I love them for that and I try to make it clear that I appreciate everything they do for me even though sometimes I don't thank them but they know how much I appreciate them doing whatever they can for me to be happy. I hope I made sense here.
You make a lot of sense. I hate arguing with hubby or daughter and I get that you hate it too.

On a side note - re our daughter - for all the cons there are at least as many pros which we love about her so it all levels out. I'm finding (and it took me the better part of 60 years) that when I am in a bit of a bad mood that the best thing I can do for all of us is to smile and not say things that I would wish to take back an hour later. It's not easy to bite my tongue, but when I do practice it, what a difference it makes to life around me. Sending hugs to you. Now - go hug your mom, she probably needs it too.

princess-pickle

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I hope it works out for you. I feel like that sometimes with my twin sister, she's much better behaved than me. My parents don't understand my destructive side!

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Im glad you get along with your parents like that, sometimes we just argue due to pms or because of our bad days.

I wish i got along with my parents to be still living at home at 21