More going out then coming in!

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yikes! I just did some online banking and have realized that with paying for daycare I have more money now going out of the bank then coming in. Between weekly mortage payments, weekly deductions for mutual funds, daycare, property tax and miscellanious (sp?) other money going out I am sending out more then I am taking in as work is taking off "discrepancy payments" to pay up my things that didn't get taken off the pay when I was off on mat leave (union dues, health coverage, disablity insurance, etc). Looks like the belts will have to tighten or hubby will have to pay for a few more things (we split payments - I pay mortage, property tax and now day care, he pays for utilities, gas for the car, groceries) It was pretty even before I started paying for daycare!

It sure is expensive to have kids!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That seems to be the way. One of my friends has 3 kids and litterally can't afford to work for the cost of daycare. Another friend has 3, soon to be 4, but she and her husband own their own company, and their office is technically in their barn (funny sounding, but it's finished and all) so she keeps the kids with her.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by adymarie

It sure is expensive to have kids!
Oh gosh, these are the inexpensive years - wait until they meet up with "peer pressure" and teen angst then you'll see how expensive they really are.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yosemite

Oh gosh, these are the inexpensive years - wait until they meet up with "peer pressure" and teen angst then you'll see how expensive they really are.
Yikes! Derek already eats like a horse - I have no idea how I can feed him thru the teenage years....At least I've been spayed (
) so I don't have to worry about affording any more of the little rugrats. Then again with the amount I spent to get the 1st one (fertility treatments) I wouldn't trade them for the world.

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Luckly i have a few more years to decide whether i want children or not but right now no way! They are wayy too expensive, i teach two kids who are just about to hit their teens and the amount of stuff they get its just unbelievable and the way they behave, at first they were all sweet now they are just crazy, i told their mother.. Thats it i changed my mind i dont want children!

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Want to hear something that could make you throw up??? I hear France has figured out how important child care is and in France, child care is free. Sometimes I wish I could put about three or four different countries together and make my own.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yikes! This is when I'm glad I don't have children yet- Harley & Bayley are enough for me to take care of!

ilovesiamese

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by EnzoLeya

Want to hear something that could make you throw up??? I hear France has figured out how important child care is and in France, child care is free. Sometimes I wish I could put about three or four different countries together and make my own.
I often think this as well! Here in Canada, in the province of Quebec, I think that some of the daycares only cost a very small amount of money per month like 7 dollars or something small like that..I don't remember too much of the details right now, but I know that the liberal party was going to make it universal, but the conservatives got in and didn't go through with it. It would have helped soooo much.

Children are expensive, but also it depends where you live and such. I pay a lot for my son's daycare but it is an amazing facility with many advantages for my son, so it's worth the quality to pay the $$$ for it....that's what I tell myself anyways lol.