Spazzing out?!

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm wondering how many other cats do this and if it's normal. Evey once in awhile my cats will spaz out. Acting all crazy, looking around wildly as if theres a bug flying around or something, running and crying. All of my cats have done/do this. Some more frequently than others... I ask because Wickett spazzed out last night and walked right into a monitor sitting on the ground.

graciecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh yes, the dreaded "Cat Crazies".
All of our do that from time to time...they'll be sitting here minding their own business and all of a sudden they take off like they were shot out of a cannon!

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Graciecat

Oh yes, the dreaded "Cat Crazies".
All of our do that from time to time...they'll be sitting here minding their own business and all of a sudden they take off like they were shot out of a cannon!
Mine too. She zooms around like a crazy one. Seems pretty happy about it too. Then she teases the dogs to join, and they get in trouble if they chase her. So she always wins

siggav

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think all cats do this. I'm reminded of a Garfield strip showing Garfield and Odie run around madly while Jon watches rather puzzled. Then he sais: Ever wonder why your pets sometimes do this? The strip then cuts to Garfield and Odie walking calmly away saying "this ought to keep him wondering.."

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Siggav

I think all cats do this. I'm reminded of a Garfield strip showing Garfield and Odie run around madly while Jon watches rather puzzled. Then he sais: Ever wonder why your pets sometimes do this? The strip then cuts to Garfield and Odie walking calmly away saying "this ought to keep him wondering.."

I bet thats about the truth of it too!

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LOL.....this post makes me imagine everyone's cats being crazy. Our one-year-old constantly has the cat crazies!!!! Pretty much every waking moment of his life. Even our blind kitty gets the crazies! Of course it's much more dangerous for her to get them and sometime I want to invest in a kitty helmet. Anyone own one of those??

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Benson gets this way every night. He mostly jumps the walls. It's funny seeing him run up the wall sideways. LoL

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by EnzoLeya

LOL.....this post makes me imagine everyone's cats being crazy. Our one-year-old constantly has the cat crazies!!!! Pretty much every waking moment of his life. Even our blind kitty gets the crazies! Of course it's much more dangerous for her to get them and sometime I want to invest in a kitty helmet. Anyone own one of those??
Thats too funny. Remind me of a pic of a kitty in a little green helmet. LOL

darkeyedgirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a 16 year old boycat named Snickers who worries me to death when he gets the 'Cat Crazies'.

He is bony in the bum area, arthritic, just about all the way blind (not real sure if the one eye EVER had sight), deaf and THE most ungraceful cat on the planet.

He normally is real slow, sauntering around the house or sleeping 90% of the time. However sometimes after eating or pooping, he will SPLIT a neuron or something!! He runs through the house, barely making traction, running into walls, and worse... while trying to get from the barstool to the countertop, he will BANG his head on the underside of the countertop!

So many times he's banged his head on those iron barstools, I am thinking there has to be brain damage there.

His wild-eye, ear-back crazy cat stuff is comical but I totally worry he will hurt himself due to his age/condition. A cat helmet might be a good idea. Anyone sell those for real???

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww... poor Snickers! I have to say reading others people cat spaz stories is entertaining though.

So, I googled "cat helmet" and all I come up with is that poor cay in the fruit helmet.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Crack Heading!
Happens on a nightly basis for Twitch & Lily. During the day for Dory, Ophelia, & Molly. And Damita, she's in a perpetual state of Crack heading....she's always cracking her head into things!

darkeyedgirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Crack Heading!!!

I do wonder how they survive so many knocks to the head like that??? With apparently no side effects? Heck I had ONE concussion in my wee life and I have ongoing issues with that mother.