Tina the Foster Dog

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Here are pics of my foster dog....who might have a fungal infection.
She's missing hair on her front leg. I have a knack for bringing home the infectious ones!

Tina & Fafeena...Fafeena comes running every time I call Tina!

Scaredy dog

Big smile!

Meeting one of my girls, Coco

Coco says "Come this way, she has food in her pockets!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
she is lovely!!! natalie- you need to take her in a room and turn the lights out then hold a flourescent light over her in the "suspected areas"- if you see green- it's ringworm hon. you need to put her on conofite and keep her seperate from your other animals/rooms- ringworm outbreaks are no fun!!! she needs to be put in a crate if it's ringworm so it doesn't spread all over your home- think carpet, walls, fabric, furniture, you name it!!! Also - get some TekTrol spray - it will help clean up suspected areas she's been in . It could be mange and not ringworm though- if so, she will need tactic dips. good luck!!! till you know- keep her away from your other animals and be sure to spray down your shoes / clothes with baccide or rocal and scrub down your hands each time you handle her. Also- leashes are a big spreader of ringworm too if you use the same leash for all your doggies.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I did blacklight it & it didn't glow. That was my first step! With Damita always having ringworm, I blacklight anything ASAP.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

I did blacklight it & it didn't glow. That was my first step! With Damita always having ringworm, I blacklight anything ASAP.
great that it's not ringworm then!!!
(just keep an eye out because it might not show up if it's in early stages). My guess would then be mange - which is VERY treatable with a few tactic dips
just keep your new foster pup away from other animals and take the same general precautions for it as you would if it had ringworm.

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She's so cute! How is she with your dogs and the cats?

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
She's great with my Lab in the pic. Because of recent behavioral issues in my other dog, Tina will not meet her. She hasn't met the housecats yet, either.

However, she really really really wants to eat Jasper the feral. But, he's a tease.
Cow's bum tastes good. And Tina loves Fafeena! The two are together a lot. It's sweet.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Awwwwwwww Tina and Fafeena!! ....... Tina, Fafeena and Coco are all beautiful girls!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've been singing (a.k.a. "crowing" I have a rotten singing voice) to Tina all night....

Teeny Weeny was a dog....Teeny Weeny bark like a frog!

When I'm done....she barks!
My little genius!

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

I've been singing (a.k.a. "crowing" I have a rotten singing voice) to Tina all night....

Teeny Weeny was a dog....Teeny Weeny bark like a frog!

When I'm done....she barks!
My little genius!
Aww I call Tino Teeny Weeny too