Pirates of the Carribean - At world's end

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So is anyone else excited about the third movie that's about to come out? I can't wait to see it and try to guess at what happens. I love Johnny Depp as Jack Sparrow and think he does an awesome job! I am still trying to figure out how Captain Barbosa came back!

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am sooooo EXCITED
Although I am gonna have to wait a lil while because well i am the care taker of my mom for the next 6 weeks
!

Isnt Johnny Depp just oo sooo yummy
He plays such good characters in any movive almost that he does!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not that gung ho over it. The first one was excellent, the second mediocre, and I can only imagine that the 3rd will be even less still. Most sequells are.

The DVD will be on sale towards the end of the year and I'll buy it like I did the others and watch it on New Years Eve as I did the other 2 pirate movies.

I can't believe they are talking of making more of them!!!

samantha1979

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Duchess15

I am still trying to figure out how Captain Barbosa came back!
Remember the end of the last one? I think Captian Jack was killed or something happened to him... he went down with a ship or something... So his friends went to that lady, i dont remember what she was called. she did spells and such? I think she asked them what they would be willing to do or something like that to bring Jack back. I bet that is how Captain Barbosa came back. That's my theory anyway.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Duchess15

So is anyone else excited about the third movie that's about to come out? I can't wait to see it and try to guess at what happens. I love Johnny Depp as Jack Sparrow and think he does an awesome job! I am still trying to figure out how Captain Barbosa came back!
Each Pirates movie has an additional segment of movie after the credits have rolled.

At the end of the first movie the monkey was shown on the beach holding a gold coin, meaning that the curse was still active because all of the gold wasn't together.

ilovemykitty

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

Each Pirates movie has an additional segment of movie after the credits have rolled.

At the end of the first movie the monkey was shown on the beach holding a gold coin, meaning that the curse was still active because all of the gold wasn't together.
WHAT! how come nobody knows of this? i haven't seen or heard anything about it. is it in the dvds and stuff? how did you find out or see it? was it in the theatre or if/when you bought it on dvd?

whosamyhercules

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
OK Im soooooooooooooooooooo illegal..Ive already seen it...LMAO!!! DH gets movies before they come out...Ive already seen like all the movies out in theater...and have them all on DVD!!!! Geez I feel like a butthole right now...But I dont have the $$ to go to the movies and I pay 10 bucks a yr for the thinger that DH gets our movies from...Plus it helps to have cops in the family that get movies for free...Computers should have never gotten DVD burners or anything to them it kills movie theaters and stuff, I never have to go out again to see a movie unless I really really really wanna go out that weekend...Which is almost NEVER!

whosamyhercules

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Ok Ive read the posts so far now. Basically the jist of the movie is that Capt Barbosa comes back so Kiera and Orlando can find Jack..He was taken down with the giant squid thinger that Davy Jones controlled. The monkey had always had a coin from movie one noone ever knew about it. He still has a coin and Capt Barbosa basically comes back to find Jack at "the worlds end"...Keep in mind people still thought the world was flat at this point in time which is the "setting" that its based on. Also another main story point is whether or not Kiera and Orlando's charactors will get hitched or not. There has been an on going situation with them not being able to get married and in the 2nd movie Jack made a big time move on Kiera's charactor. So that is another plot to the movie. I do have have to say that no matter how much you have to spend to see this movie..SEE IT ASAP!!! Its worth ever red cent you have to pay to see it before the DVD comes out...Its amazing and one of the best movies ever made!

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I thought it was Kiera that made the move on Jack? Kissing him before handcuffing him to the mast???

That's fine if her and Orlando don't get married, that just leaves him open for me. Oh good lord in that second movie before being whipped when those guys ripped open his shirt
I think I actually gasped.

Oh yea and I've never found Johnny Depp to overly attractive until Pirates...he wears eyeliner very, very well...

darkeyedgirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I loved the first one. The second one (Dead Man's Chest) got on my nerves big time cuz they didn't let Johnny 'be' Sparrow. They wrote all his stuff for him and his lines were just wooden.

And that stupid Kracken, I got so sick of seeing that thing attack. By the final attack of the big ol ugly squid, I was like, "oh it's him again". The only saving grace of part 2 was Norrington; his turning into a drunken loony sot had me in stitches.

However the third one looks really awesome. Some peeps who have already been to pre-screenings have posted the lowdown on the movie on imdb. I wanna see it! Cuz there's more fighting in this one, Barbosa is back, and well I want to see Jack go out with a bang instead of being eaten by some squid-monster.

We're taking the kids for sure.
Kids love Captain Jack!

mirinae

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
J and I are going on Sunday -- he'll be wearing his T-shirt from the first movie, and I'll be wearing a cute T-shirt with skulls and crossbones all over it. Yarrr!