Tomorrow/Tomarrow

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tomarrow is not a word, at least not in the English language. It is completely wrong and should not be used.

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LaRussa

Tomarrow is not a word, at least not in the English language. It is completely wrong and should not be used.
Well that's kind of prescriptivist, isn't it? Countless things that were considered ridiculous and unfathomable only decades ago are completely fine now. The idea of a "correct" spelling is pretty new in general.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
First I want to say I am not poking fun of anyone on this board that may have accidentally or purposely used it. There was a manager at my bank that was responsible for sending reports or training schedules via email to the company. She ALWAYS spelled it tomarrow because that is how she pronounces it. It drove me nuts! When I saw it spelled that way today it just reminded me of that manager & made me giggle.

muttigreemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Once upon a time, I spelled it 'tomarrow'... because I'm just silly like that
And then one of my friends yelled at me every time I did it. Now when I see someone spell it with an 'a' I just keep thinking '[friend] is gonna yell at youuu!'

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It's definitely spelt tomorrow, which is also how I pronounce it...

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know it is spelled tomorrow and I admit I am one of those that spell it tomarrow
well sometimes, I did it today though
I just cant help it, and thankgoodness for spell check when ever I don't spell it right! I think I should pay more attention to my typing

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ProudKittieMom

I know it is spelled tomorrow and I admit I am one of those that spell it tomarrow
well sometimes, I did it today though
I just cant help it, and thankgoodness for spell check when ever I don't spell it right! I think I should pay more attention to my typing
I thought it was cute. It made me laugh and think of that manager from work which led to this poll