Does anyone write letters anymore?

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you write letters or do you just stick to e-mail. I am not the best letter writer, but I really enjoy getting a letter in the mail. I find that I like to send out letter (not just cards) at Christmas. The problem is that it is so much easier to keep in touch via e-mail that snail mail doesn't seem to be able to catch up.

Are you a letter writer?

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I can't remember when I last wrote a letter. I tend to stick to email, or to send faxes. They're both cheaper, and reach the recipient within seconds.

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I guess it all depends on who it is and if they even have an email account lol! But there is always a telephone
which i prefer over the rest, but I do write my great uncle all the time, and when ever i was like 12 we went to ocean city and i became friends with our "neighbor" She was the same age as me, we kept in touch for a little over a year writing back and forth then we just lost touch
I love getting letters though and then writing back

lnbandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sort of...I send my closest friends funny cards every month, with notes. But since I talk to them several times a week, there is not much to put in a letter!

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If I had someone to write a letter to I definitely would.

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do cards count? That's the closest to letter writing I do.

Besides, I tend to have what I like to call Schizophrenic handwriting...it's not messy, just confusing to look at. It'll even change as I write the letter. I'll start off with it leaning forward and then it'll lean backward halfway through and then be really curvy at the end or real quick almost chicken scratch at the end.

I like typed text.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I write letters to DH's Grandma on occasion. She's in her mid 90's but sharp! She likes to write or type out (on a typewriter) letters for holidays and things. She also sends newspaper clippings to everyone!
I ususally use patriotic stationary when I write her; she really enjoys that part!

marine

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Here is my 2 cents: I love writing letters. I really can't stand talking on the phone and because I am on the PC all day, I don't want to sit and email when I get home. I love getting nice writing paper and I can't tell you how excited I get when I get a letter back from a pen pal. It's so fun to see a "real" stamp in the mailbox. I also send a lot of cards. Think about how happy you got the last time you received a card or letter! I dare you to send a one page letter randomly to anyone on your email list and see what kind of resonse you get!!
PS> Writing letters is a great way for your cat to be suddenly interested in your pen.

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No, I haven't written in a letter in many years, there is no need to anymore, emails are faster and neater esp. when you have a horrible handwriting like I do, lol.

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I honestly can't remember the last time I wrote a letter. I think it was when I was sending thank you cards....almost three years ago.