American Idol Discussion Thread 5/22 -- SPOILERS INSIDE

mybabyphx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Jordan Sparks

I am so excited for American Idol tonight.... I've been searching the cat lounge for the AI Spoiler thread???
Where is it?? If anyone knows who's singing what... post it here
Thanks!

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Here's the "rumors" I have read:

Jordin:

- A Broken Wing by Martina McBride
- Fighter by Christina Aguilera
- Winner single

Blake:

- She Will Be Loved by Maroon 5
- You Give Love a Bad Name by Bon Jovi
- Winner single

Supposedly Blake's hair is back to blond.

techiegirl

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Simon was on Leno last night - he is soooo hot and what a nice butt! hmmm hmmm HMM! hahaha Leave me alone - I like Simon!

He said he could not guess who was going to win because it will come down to tonight's performance. He said there is "a singer and a performer". That about sums it up!

Gosh I hope Jordin wins - she should! But then again, there is a part of me that would be glad if "no-lips" won, so the show would tank for the 2nd season in a row with a winner who sucks. VFTW definitely has an influence and many people whose fave was voted off will vote for the worst one cuz they are mad.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by techiegirl

Gosh I hope Jordin wins - she should! But then again, there is a part of me that would be glad if "no-lips" won, so the show would tank for the 2nd season in a row with a winner who sucks. VFTW definitely has an influence and many people whose fave was voted off will vote for the worst one cuz they are mad.
I'm not sure VFTW has all that much influence, and the best singer has already been voted off (I know, it's subjective). I wouldn't vote for the worst because my favorite was voted off. I would either vote for my next favorite, or not vote at all. But I'm not going to be voting this year, because I like both of them, and don't care who wins. Last year I voted for Taylor because I couldn't stand Katharine.

It's all in what resonates with people watching and voting. Both Jordin and Blake have been good but inconsistent. Blake is more fun to watch, and he's extremely creative. Jordin does well with power ballads and not that great with everything else. Blake is good with up-tempo songs, and not so good with ballads. Power ballads get old, beat boxing gets old.

Basically, it doesn't matter who wins, because the purpose of this show is to generate as much money as possible for all those connected to it. They would love to get a winner like Carrie or Kelly, but they don't really care in the long run (IMO).

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mybabyphx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would really be happy if either one of them wins.... I have been voting for Jordin though since her first audition in Seattle. Since she's from Arizona she's all over the news here every day! We even had an official Jordan sparks day the day that she came for a home visit... I am so excited

I do agree with the saying though that one is a singer and one is a performer. It really makes sense. Jordan is a GREAT singer, and Blake is a GREAT performer. But if Blake couldn't beat box, then he would have NEVER made it this far. That is what got him through!

Either way, I believe both Jordan and Blake will get record deals... whether or not it's through winning AI, they can get it elsewhere!!!

I'm so excited

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I also want Jordin to win. Blake is a mediocre singer at best and I absolutely HATE the beat box thing. Especially if he's going to do that awful version of Bon Jovi again

Last year I stopped voting after Chris got kicked off
because I didn't like any of the remaing ones.

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, we're down to it. We got Jordin and Blake. We got Paula with a broken nose (teehee) that she supposedly got tripping over her dog to avoid stepping on him.

Online betting site Bookmaker.com lists Jordin as the favorite. As of Monday, a bettor must put $4 on Jordin to win $1 (plus initial bet). A dollar on Blake would yield a $3 payout if he wins.

The season's most-searched singers were Antonella Barba, Sanjaya Malakar and Haley Scarnato, according to Yahoo! Buzz.

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I saw Simon last night on Leno also and I agree he is HOT, lol. I will vote for Blake tonight because he is so different tho Jordan may be the better singer, it just depends on what you think good singing is. Jordan did not do well with all the songs she had to sing whereas Blake put his own name on anything they gave him...and he pulled it off. He should win, he is very unique as Taylor was last year, I tried voting for him but was never able to get thru...GO BLAKE!!!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Only 1/2 hr til its on here.... Blake better do well, I want his little butt to W-I-N!

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LOL! "Simon Cleavage"
Paula broke her nose and Ryan said, "So the b**** is okay!"

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LokisMum

Too funny!
Was she squiffy at the time?
Most likely
I think she is again tonight. What is up with that weird clown-esque frilly THING she's wearing?

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

I just can't wait for him to make a CD! Winner of AI or not, he's gonna go far

And no Nat, MY man Blake! I loved him first