Official Countdown: Two days to take-off

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, last night I got the new Drinkwell fountain up and running in my bedroom, on the opposite side of the room from the litterbox.

Ferris was once again completely fascinated and simply could not believe his little eyes: He loves his water fountain SO much, that he must have been a REALLY good boy for Meowmy to have set up a whole 'nother one for him to watch run!!!

Ginger wasn't quite sure what to make of it and seemed a little confused, whereas Ferris was ecstatic and kept running over to make sure it was still there.

I didn't sleep too well last night (suppose I need to get used to it
) because they had to keep investigating both the new litter box (I woke to a noise at about 3 a.m. to find Ferris sitting in the litter box just watching TV
) and the new water fountain (I woke again around 5 a.m. to the sound of Ferris getting bopped on the head with a verbal reprimand from Ginger - they were over by the fountain, so I'm assuming it had to do with that.)

I still haven't gotten the Penny-scented towel in the mail - I really, REALLY hope it gets delivered today, because I need to get that scent into Ginger's head BEFORE I bring Penny into the house. Keeping my fingers crossed that it comes today!

Only two more days to get through work (I think they are going to DRAAAAG, lol...) then I get 6 days off in a row.

Yippeee!!!
I'm coming to get you, Penny-girl!
I hope you'll like me!

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You are SO ready for Penny! I hope your trips goes smoothly. I just wish we had time to hop over and meet you!
Oh well... there's next time.

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am So excited for you! I won't be able to get a kitty for another month, and the only thing stopping me from buying everything he needs now is that I would have to move it with everything else, lol.

I hope the towel comes today, but if not I'm sure everything will go ok. Who is watching your kitties while you're gone?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AlleyGirl

I am So excited for you! I won't be able to get a kitty for another month, and the only thing stopping me from buying everything he needs now is that I would have to move it with everything else, lol.

I hope the towel comes today, but if not I'm sure everything will go ok. Who is watching your kitties while you're gone?
My roomie will scoop the boxes and feed them their supper on Thursday night, and make sure their dry food and water fountain is full on Friday morning, then I'll be home on Friday night to give them their wet supper, although it will be a little later than they usually get it.

Sometimes I really wish that I could afford a place all on my own, but it's times like these that I appreciate a roomie that loves cats.
He's totally taken by Ferris - it's so funny to watch them have a conversation. Ferris sleeps on his bed at night while Ginger sleeps on mine.

I wonder where Penny will choose to sleep?

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sibohan2005

Your mean your cat dosn't ALWAYS sit in the litter box watching tv and his water fountain!?
Good luck with Penny, I hope the towel arrives today.
Well, there is no TV set in the kitchen where his other litter box is set up! I know - what was I thinking, huh?

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is just so exciting - I want a play by play of your 1st meeting with Penny posted ASAP when you get back!

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by adymarie

This is just so exciting - I want a play by play of your 1st meeting with Penny posted ASAP when you get back!
Yes, Ma'am!

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mooficat

cant wait to see all the photos.........now then just one thing, what have you told the kitties about all this
Every single day for the last week and a half I talk about Penny, that they have a new sister coming to live with us. I tell Ginger that she is to BE NICE to Penny, and that Penny is coming to live with us to be a playmate for Ferris, so that will get Ferris off Ginger's back.
But that if Ginger wants to, she can play with Penny and Ferris, too.

I also tell Ginger that she is the oldest, and the kitty with house seniority, so GINGER is the boss kitty and that's the way it is going to stay. At first she turned her back on me every time I mentioned the name Penny, but she's starting to pay attention, and I think she's going to handle things pretty well.

I tell Ferris that he's got a new sister coming to live with us and that he can show her all of his hundreds of toys, and that he's going to need to share, but they should have great fun together.

I've got my roommate saying similar things to them as well.

Originally Posted by sarahp

Wooooohooooooooooo!!!!!!

And how are YOU feeling today???
I'm feeling MUCH better, thank you - very fatigued from the adrenaline of dealing with the pain and the root canal yesterday, but no more pain today at all, just a little bit of soreness from the novacaine needles. I'm taking ibuprofen for it, and am feeling better and better as the day goes on.

I spoke to my dentist's office this morning, and I didn't even need for them to see me - the endodontist is sending over copies of the Xrays and the records, so everything is good today.

How is your baby bump with boy bits doing today?

kai bengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Where is that dang towel?? I sent it out priority mail last week on Wed.
No reason for it not to be there by now.

Gee, I hope they didn't deliver it to the wrong house. Someone is really going to wonder why I sent them an old towel that smells vaguely of cat.

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kai Bengals

Where is that dang towel?? I sent it out priority mail last week on Wed.
No reason for it not to be there by now.

Gee, I hope they didn't deliver it to the wrong house. Someone is really going to wonder why I sent them an old towel that smells vaguely of cat.
That's too funny Nial...

Good luck to all involved in this adoption! My heart goes out to everyone!

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kai Bengals

Penny says she's ready to go.

Nial, that is hilarious! The expression on her face: "Well, where the heck are you, new Meowmy???!"

Nial - is she cleared with the vet? Anything I need to know?

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Nial!!! That isn't playing fair!
Betsy is going to want to drive to Logan NOW and hop on a plane south!

Betsy, I can't begin to imagine how excited you are!
I hope you have a fantastic trip to go get your new girl.

Nial, on the same note, this must be a bit bittersweet for you. Yes, you know she is going to a great home and you will be able to see pictures, etc., but it has to be tough for you and Teri to say goodbye.

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can just picture you hopping from foot to foot like an impatient 4 year old "but I wanna go now!"

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AbbysMom

Nial, on the same note, this must be a bit bittersweet for you. Yes, you know she is going to a great home and you will be able to see pictures, etc., but it has to be tough for you and Teri to say goodbye.
I know, I've thought about that too...I don't know how you guys can say goodbye over and over again, it must get tough sometimes!

I am very flattered that you are trusting me with your beautiful girl. I promise on my cockatiel Alex's grave that she will never be unhappy and that she will be a spoiled rotten little girl.

So spoiled, in fact, that there WILL be a cat wheel built at some point within the next year or two. Just for her!