my hands are swollen

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Weird! i just noticed a little while ago that my hands are all swollen. That's odd! It feels weird when i close my fist. I don't think i had anything with much sodium to eat today
Weird! Anyone else have hands that randomly swell up?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by TigerOnTheProwl

My hands don't but my ankles and feet do. I don't know why just all of a sudden they seen 1.5 times their size.
oh my feet do that too!!! i really need to soak mine- i was on them all day and they're sore (i had surgery on both of them a few years ago so if i'm on them too long during the day they really hurt and start to swell). But the weird thing is my hands are swollen

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
my feet will, if i dont get up and walk around some.
maybe you did to much stuff today?
chasing the chicken in the park, and all the other stuff?

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by theimp98

my feet will, if i dont get up and walk around some.
maybe you did to much stuff today?
chasing the chicken in the park, and all the other stuff?
chicken? boy it was a parrot
/ but in all seriousness - yeah i think i really did. i need some new work shoes too. the pair i wear right now are 5 year old SAS shoes (got them after my foot surgery) they just black shoes but i like to wear them to work cuz they're old/etc and i don't have to worry about them getting torn/dirty when i am with the animals. I think i need to get over it and buy a new pair though.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
get you a pair, of black working boots or something like that,
they make some that even look like normal shoes now.

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
My fingers get a bit swollen when i go out in the hot weather. They didnt today and the only reason i really noticed is that i could take the ring off my finger without screaming! lol

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yep, I have problems with swelling when I have too much salt, and in the summer in general.

Some women retain water at that "time of month".

So far as sodium goes, most foods we eat have salt in them, even fruits and vegetables (that's why they stay plump and aren't shrivelled up)

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Dragoriana

My fingers get a bit swollen when i go out in the hot weather. They didnt today and the only reason i really noticed is that i could take the ring off my finger without screaming! lol
maybe that's what was causing it? i was out in the sun a long time yesterday with work and all. hehe thank goodness for spf 70

Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

Yep, I have problems with swelling when I have too much salt, and in the summer in general.

Some women retain water at that "time of month".

So far as sodium goes, most foods we eat have salt in them, even fruits and vegetables (that's why they stay plump and aren't shrivelled up)
maybe that has something to do with it too. the swelling's gone down considerably today. i'm not sure why they were soo swollen last night- that was odd!

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For me, too much salt. My rings are either tight or too loose, drives me nuts!

Btw, have you checked out crocs? I have had plantar fascitis in the past (probably spelled that wrong as usual), and a lot of recent foot pain that I wasn't sure the cause of...wearing Crocs has healed the foot that was so exquisitely painful...they have a special model just for folks with foot issues.

www.crocs.com (and they have jewelry you can attach to some models..kinda cool!)

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pat & Alix

For me, too much salt. My rings are either tight or too loose, drives me nuts!

Btw, have you checked out crocs? I have had plantar fascitis in the past (probably spelled that wrong as usual), and a lot of recent foot pain that I wasn't sure the cause of...wearing Crocs has healed the foot that was so exquisitely painful...they have a special model just for folks with foot issues.

www.crocs.com (and they have jewelry you can attach to some models..kinda cool!)
i might try one of their flip flops for when i'm off work (i hate the look of the regular crocs). but to be honest- NOTHING has helped
even houseshoes hurt my feed after a while. i need to go back to a podiatrist. i had foot surgery a few years ago and the doctor botched it on my left foot- it's been aweful ever since- there is still a little spot on the bottom of my foot where the bone/skin sticks out a bit (sounds worse than it looks) ....but i also think there's something else going on with my feet though- they're always aching horrible
thankyou for the croc suggestion though- i think i might try this pair- do you know if they're comfy? http://shop.crocs.com/pc-14-4-athens...ction=products

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a pair of the athens...left foot (the foot that had a lot of pain) loves it, the right, it's putting pressure on the inside of my second toe..not sure why it just doesn't fit as well, so I am not wearing these, but wearing the clog style for those with plantar fascitis and the slide model they make.

I'm a former clog nut though, so that style is fine by me

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I swell in the hands and the feet - especially after a long day at work for some reason.

If your feet are bothering you go to a podiatrist and get proper insoles fitted. Until then, get some of the Dr. Scholl's gell insoles or heel pads. They really helped my planter faciatis (sp?) until I got my insoles.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by adymarie

I swell in the hands and the feet - especially after a long day at work for some reason.

If your feet are bothering you go to a podiatrist and get proper insoles fitted. Until then, get some of the Dr. Scholl's gell insoles or heel pads. They really helped my planter faciatis (sp?) until I got my insoles.
i've tried just about every otc insole you can think of- the last ones i got were the dr. scholls massaging gel insoles- didn't do a thing for mr
so i'm planning on going to a podiatrist and hopefully getting a prescription for insoles so i can get some good ones (maybe from the good feet store?) and see if my insurance will cover it before it goes out on my birthday. my feet are always hurting.

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

i've tried just about every otc insole you can think of- the last ones i got were the dr. scholls massaging gel insoles- didn't do a thing for mr
so i'm planning on going to a podiatrist and hopefully getting a prescription for insoles so i can get some good ones (maybe from the good feet store?) and see if my insurance will cover it before it goes out on my birthday. my feet are always hurting.
My podiatrist took a mould of my feet and I got the insole made to my feet specifically. Thank God for work covering the expense!