Your favourite make-up

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Sort of a follow up on the body/hair products threads. What cosmetics do you swear by, are you still finding it difficult to find a foundation that won't last the day or a waterproof mascara that isnt so waterproof? Do you have freckles/birthmarks/scars/spots and things and youve found a good product for those to cover up. Is there an eyeshadow you swear makes your eyecolour 10 times bolder?

Today i bought a new lipgloss (if i didnt do yearly cleanouts, i would have a few hundred in my bathroom by now lol) liplites glossy tint by Bonne Bell in cappuccino. It SMELLS like cappuccino, LOOKS like cappuccino...but the best bit? it TASTES like REAL cappuccino!!! SOmetimes companies try to imitate flavours and things, they are too sweet, or tastes and smell like something completely different. This stuff is so yummy, and for those who dont use Bonne Bell, they aren't expensive, they last a long time, and they test on humans, not animals. I put on my gloss about 20 mins ago, ive been talking and licking the lipbalm (it tastes tooo good) and my lips are still conditioned and flavoured. The colour isn't heavy, it's not sticky or lumpy or oil, it goes on smooth (some lip balms are a bit rough or if your lips are dry you can feel the bumps).

What do you swear by? (oh also i just discovered Avon mousse foundation, it comes in a glass jar and goes on so smoothly, even though it's a mousse, it doesnt feel wet, it goes on dry and blends well with my skin, and i dont even have to use much, and IF i have to cover my whole face and not just the flaws, you cant even tell how much ive used, its soo good!)

Rant over

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I rarely wear makeup anymore. But I have stuff from the following companies in my bathroom cabinet:

Revlon (lipstick, nail polish, blush, eye shadow, mascara, foundation)
Cover Girl (foundation, eye shadow, eye liner, blush, mascara)
Oil of Olay (foundation, lipstick)
Stagelight Cosmetics (blush, eye shadow)
Adrian Arpel (blush beads, coverup, colour correction wheel, foundation, brow powder, powder)
Avon (lipstick, foundation, eye liner)

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I use mayballine waterproof mascara XXL factor and its awsome! makes my eyelashes double the length and really stand out!

I really do like MAC products but its wayy too expensive for me to afford, so i just stick with Manhattan they have really funky eyeshadow! I dont need to wear foundation now since i go to the solarium and have a tan, and my skin isnt horrible just yet! In summer and winter i always slap on moisturiser on the face and just do my eyes, wear a bit of blush and eyeliner, and mascara! For my lips i use lip liner and then colour it in with some lipgloss, not straight out of a stick but with a lip brush. it gives a nice rich finish!

But i really do want that lipstick that stays on for a few hours
i think ill save a bit and that will be my next purchaise

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rosiemac

I use Max Factors "Lasting Performance" as well as their eyeshadow, lipstick mascara etc...
Snusan, do you use lipstick in the shade of Rosie Red?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rosiemac

Funnily enough i sometimes wear red when i'm going out on an evening, otherwise it's a light bronzy colour
But but but i made a joke...rosie red..get it? Rosie.... not rosey...*hides*

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Dragoriana

But but but i made a joke...rosie red..get it? Rosie.... not rosey...*hides*
haha
i want to wear red but its too dark and my lips are uneven

KitEKats4Eva!

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't really wear that much makeup anymore but I have tonnes of it because I used to work (and still sometimes do) as a makeup artist.

These days I refuse to buy or wear anything that is tested on animals, or whose manufacturers, distributors or any other party involved in the production and sale of the makeup tests on animals. It's actually not that hard and there's lots of companies out there who fit those criteria. I think it's a small price to pay so some poor, innocent little bunny/cat/dog - whatever they use (and it's a LOT of different types of animals) doesn't suffer for my vanity. Did you know that a lot of cosmetics companies use Beagles in their testing because they are more docile?

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am addicted to buying make-up. I am searching for a new mascara though. I love Maybelline but I am allergic to all their formulas. I am currently using Cover Girl(Triple) or Avon(Lash Designer) but I am not to happy with either. I only wear eye make-up and on rare photo occasions I will apply foundation.

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am not loyal to just one make-up company:

Foundation is from MAC
Face powder is from MAC
I wear a bronzer instead of blush it's from CHANEL
I don't wear lipstick only clear glosses from Bath and Body
Eye liner from Bobbie Brown
Mascara, maybelline...been using the same kind for years.
One other favorite make up company of mine is Benefit

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lately I am an Almay girl! Its a little pricey compared to Cover Girl or maybeline but I like it. I have their foundation,eyeliner, eyeshadow. I have cover girl blush, and mascara. But I absolutely love Mark. Lipgloss!

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Make-up what's that? I swear I don't have time and when I do have time I'm so tired I rub my eyes and end up looking like a raccoon!

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's called Makeup Confusion Helen
You don't know what you wanna be

Originally Posted by Bella713

I am not loyal to just one make-up company:

Foundation is from MAC
Face powder is from MAC
I wear a bronzer instead of blush it's from CHANEL
I don't wear lipstick only clear glosses from Bath and Body
Eye liner from Bobbie Brown
Mascara, maybelline...been using the same kind for years.
One other favorite make up company of mine is Benefit

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't wear any makeup at all...unless it is Halloween.

paulena

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I am kind of like Helen, in a state of confusion. I have various products from Avon, Maybelline, Cover Girl, Max Factor, Almay, Loreal. You name it, I probably have it.

But, my all time favorite lipstick has to be by Loreal Endless, the kind that stays on for hours and hours. I can put it on in the morning and never reapply until evening. It stays on forever and I like that.

Although, I never wear make-up any more since I no longer work, I only wear it if I am going out, like shopping or something!! And that's maybe, once every couple of weeks!!