I told work I'm resigning!

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
WHEW!!!! Such a load off my mind.... They were REALLY good about it as well. For anyone who hasn't followed the story so far, I'm 5 months pregnant, work in a busy area, and have a heart condition which is kind of stressful as well, so have just been one big stress pot and it's been affecting my health.

Work's been frustrating as well, and I'm not motivated there any more, so this afternoon I told my boss that I'm going to resign

I said I'm happy to work around whatever they want to do. My current contract ends June 10, so my boss said she'd just like me to work until then doing whatever hours I liked even if it's just a couple of hours a day and just document everything I'm doing, and where I'm up to with everything and just tie up any loose ends.

She also said that if I finish everything I need to, that I can just not log any hours, and not work, and just let the contract expire (rather than go through the formal quitting procedure).

So that's good! I've got 3 weeks left and am just going to work half days in the afternoons until then (or sooner if I'm done earlier).

I'm really looking forward to being able to have a reasonable amount of time to study, catch up on housework (DH has been doing it all), start thinking about preparing the baby's room, and go bargain hunting, and do my volunteer office shifts at the shelter again

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
I'm glad it is working out for you. Your health is the most important thing at this time.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yah, it took me a while to come to the realisation that I'm not actually Superwoman

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

Yah, it took me a while to come to the realisation that I'm not actually Superwoman
WHAT?!
Your NOT Superwoman?!

You take care of yourself Sarah, you deserve a break to take care of yourself and the little one too

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Even with not working that is still lots of stuff to do!! Take it easy though.

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by sashacat421

Good for you! It's so important to think of yourself first as a mother and woman. You count, first. Good job!
Now you can focus on yourself!

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think that is great too Sarah, you need to think about you and the baby.

I am so happy for you.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You need to do what is best for you, and if resigning from work makes your situation better, then you did exactly the right thing.

Stress and heart conditions don't mix well. Take time to rest and don't fill in your time with other activities that leave you without time off

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks heaps guys
I needed the reassurance I was doing the right thing!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i'm glad you made the right decision for your health/ the baby
i hope your pregnancy progresses well with no complications (sometimes when stress is out of the picture- we feel a whole lot better! i hope that's your case with your heart). Your boss sounds very nice to let you do that

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You must be so relieved! I've had a couple of people in my family who had really high blood pressure, and they resigned from their jobs, and then they needed no medication!!! When are you due again?

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good for you! You need to look out for you and that sweet bundle of joy! You did what you need to and that is always the right thing!

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

i'm glad you made the right decision for your health/ the baby
i hope your pregnancy progresses well with no complications (sometimes when stress is out of the picture- we feel a whole lot better! i hope that's your case with your heart). Your boss sounds very nice to let you do that
Ditto that! Couldn't have said it better!

Laurie

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It sounds like you are making the only possible choice that is best for your health and the baby's health. Hopefully the reduction is stress will help your heart.