~What color is my Pudding?~

mom_2_3

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
~and no its not VANILLA haha~

~New rescue and Im just curious what color she is considered. Very creamy color with points. Estimated age 8-10 weeks...blue eyes...mom is a red pointed Siamese looking short hair. What length of hair will this girl have as an adult and will her points get darker with age? What color is she considered?~

Here is momma cat....she is lean and sleek looking but her points are darker than Puddin's. Will hers get this dark?

siggav

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think we told you already in the thread here:
http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=127029

First of all she's adorable. As for colour she's pointed obviously. Her points and overall coat colour will get darker with age. It can take while though before she'll be her mature coat colour. Pointed kittens are born all white and then darken into their proper colours as they grow older.

She looks like she'll be atleast a semi-longhair if not longhair. It's hard to tell with kittens with unknown parents. Her ear tufts are too cute.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She should wind up being a red point - color is pretty dark on the ears right now ; if a cream point, it would be a lot paler. Looks like a semi-longhair right now.

Red and cream points take the longest to show compared to a seal or blue point. So don't expect a lot of color till over 6 months old

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Flame point and Red point are the same thing
Flame is usually used for Himalayans and Ragdolls. Red point is used for Siamese.

kittymonsters

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

Flame point and Red point are the same thing
Flame is usually used for Himalayans and Ragdolls. Red point is used for Siamese.
GK you always have such good tibits of information. while reading this thread I was thinking to myself...flame point, then wondering why you said red point and cream point.

It is always nice to learn something new.

This kitty is darling...going to have to call her peach puddin' soon.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Personally I would rather just call it red point...maybe "flame" was used cause of the long hair looking like flames of red....who knows