TheCatSite.com › Forums › Our Feline Companions › Cat Nutrition › Wellness Core...Anyone feeding it?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Wellness Core...Anyone feeding it?

post #1 of 21
Thread Starter 
Not that I am planning on switching Ping. He is doing great on his current dry. But I was looking at it more for if he goes off his current dry I have something grain free to fall back on. And I can get it at the place I currently get his food.

Anyways I got a sample of it in today. I noticed its a little more crumbly than his TO. But I gave him a few pieces and he gobbled that right up.

So does your cats seem to like it? And how are they doing on it? Like coat, skin, poop wise?
post #2 of 21
Zoey eats Core with Natural choice ... she likes it ... she is pooping more but otherwise is doing well
post #3 of 21
Sophie and Mollie love it - although, I must say that I think those two will eat any kind of dry food. I switched to Core, for two reasons - one was grain free and the other was so that I could feed the same dry to my girls and little Cosmo when I finally get the dear mitted one!
post #4 of 21
Swanie and Cindy both rejected Core. I just took the bag back to the store yesterday for a refund. The only grain free they like is Orijen.
post #5 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharky View Post
Zoey eats Core with Natural choice ... she likes it ... she is pooping more but otherwise is doing well
Pooping more? Did that surprise you? It does me a little.
post #6 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by beandip View Post
Pooping more? Did that surprise you? It does me a little.
No because turkey potato and fish are not as digestable as chn and rice ...
post #7 of 21
My Cats Love it! I've noticed big difference in their coat it looks fantastic
post #8 of 21
Thread Starter 
Gross question...........is the poop stinky when feeding this food? I know the food he is currently on he poops once a day maybe twice here and there but really only once a day I noticed. And there is 0 smell to it. Just knowing they poop more on it is almost enough for me to not put him on that. As you said above some of it is not easily digested.
post #9 of 21
there is a bit more smell which is one reason I will stay mixing ..
post #10 of 21
Just a note that Core is a high protein food and so should not be used for older cats and cats with kidney disease.

I had a rescue cat who was FIV+ on it and she didn't like it much - would pick around it in the bowl. I actually got the bag from a friend who tried it for her 3 cats and none of them had liked it either.
post #11 of 21
You have to give your cat time to adjust to it. They're going form all grain foods to non grain food big difference. And it's way better food than the others. My vet said its the best food out there.
post #12 of 21
My 3 wouldn't eat it

I did/do have some luck with orijen though, 2 of the 3 will nibble at it occasionally.
post #13 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharky View Post
No because turkey potato and fish are not as digestable as chn and rice ...
Oh, OK . I think we will try it for treats when I run out of what I have now. I think mine will eat anything that is crunchy that comes in a crinkly bag.
post #14 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by beandip View Post
Oh, OK . I think we will try it for treats when I run out of what I have now. I think mine will eat anything that is crunchy that comes in a crinkly bag.
well......teats are treats
post #15 of 21
Thanks guys. I have one 12 year old cat. Maybe I'll try it with the younger cat til I feel safer about TO. I saw a very tiny bag of it. I'll start with that.
post #16 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by empire View Post
Thanks guys. I have one 12 year old cat. Maybe I'll try it with the younger cat til I feel safer about TO. I saw a very tiny bag of it. I'll start with that.
12 yr olds I would advise against grain free with... the protein is high and not as digestable or easy on the kidneys and liver as a grain free wet
post #17 of 21
stoli is on half kitten wellness and half core. he really likes it.
post #18 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by empire View Post
Thanks guys. I have one 12 year old cat. Maybe I'll try it with the younger cat til I feel safer about TO. I saw a very tiny bag of it. I'll start with that.
Just curious, why don't you feel safe about TO?
post #19 of 21
Thread Starter 
I have heard several reasons that involve who makes it and where. But to be honest TO is the only dry food that I feel very comfortable with at this point. Orijen pulls a close second. Most other drys I do not feel as comfortable with. After the recall scare I have had the hardest time deciding on a food. But TO is working for us and is grain free. Though I hope Ping does not go on a dry strike or I will pull my hair out, say a few choice words, the go out and drop 15-16.00 on a bag of Orijen.
post #20 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ping View Post
I have heard several reasons that involve who makes it and where. But to be honest TO is the only dry food that I feel very comfortable with at this point. Orijen pulls a close second. Most other drys I do not feel as comfortable with. After the recall scare I have had the hardest time deciding on a food. But TO is working for us and is grain free. Though I hope Ping does not go on a dry strike or I will pull my hair out, say a few choice words, the go out and drop 15-16.00 on a bag of Orijen.
Oh wow, I haven't even heard of that!
My cats stopped eating TO after a week or so of me feeding it.

But out of all grain frees, I felt most comfy with its protein/fat %s.
post #21 of 21
Thread Starter 
He has been on it for 2 1/2 weeks now and so far so good. And hopefully it stays that way. Yeah know what I mean?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Cat Nutrition
TheCatSite.com › Forums › Our Feline Companions › Cat Nutrition › Wellness Core...Anyone feeding it?