Wellness Core...Anyone feeding it?

ping

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not that I am planning on switching Ping. He is doing great on his current dry. But I was looking at it more for if he goes off his current dry I have something grain free to fall back on. And I can get it at the place I currently get his food.

Anyways I got a sample of it in today. I noticed its a little more crumbly than his TO. But I gave him a few pieces and he gobbled that right up.

So does your cats seem to like it? And how are they doing on it? Like coat, skin, poop wise?

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Zoey eats Core with Natural choice ... she likes it ... she is pooping more but otherwise is doing well

lnbandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sophie and Mollie love it - although, I must say that I think those two will eat any kind of dry food. I switched to Core, for two reasons - one was grain free and the other was so that I could feed the same dry to my girls and little Cosmo when I finally get the dear mitted one!

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Swanie and Cindy both rejected Core. I just took the bag back to the store yesterday for a refund. The only grain free they like is Orijen.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by beandip

Pooping more? Did that surprise you? It does me a little.
No because turkey potato and fish are not as digestable as chn and rice ...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ping

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Gross question...........is the poop stinky when feeding this food? I know the food he is currently on he poops once a day maybe twice here and there but really only once a day I noticed. And there is 0 smell to it. Just knowing they poop more on it is almost enough for me to not put him on that. As you said above some of it is not easily digested.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
there is a bit more smell which is one reason I will stay mixing ..

techiegirl

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Just a note that Core is a high protein food and so should not be used for older cats and cats with kidney disease.

I had a rescue cat who was FIV+ on it and she didn't like it much - would pick around it in the bowl. I actually got the bag from a friend who tried it for her 3 cats and none of them had liked it either.

myfirstragdoll

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
You have to give your cat time to adjust to it. They're going form all grain foods to non grain food big difference. And it's way better food than the others. My vet said its the best food out there.

beandip

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

No because turkey potato and fish are not as digestable as chn and rice ...
Oh, OK
. I think we will try it for treats when I run out of what I have now. I think mine will eat anything that is crunchy that comes in a crinkly bag.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by beandip

Oh, OK
. I think we will try it for treats when I run out of what I have now. I think mine will eat anything that is crunchy that comes in a crinkly bag.
well...
...teats are treats

empire

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks guys. I have one 12 year old cat. Maybe I'll try it with the younger cat til I feel safer about TO. I saw a very tiny bag of it. I'll start with that.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by empire

Thanks guys. I have one 12 year old cat. Maybe I'll try it with the younger cat til I feel safer about TO. I saw a very tiny bag of it. I'll start with that.
12 yr olds I would advise against grain free with... the protein is high and not as digestable or easy on the kidneys and liver as a grain free wet

renovia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
stoli is on half kitten wellness and half core. he really likes it.

kittylover77

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by empire

Just curious, why don't you feel safe about TO?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ping

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have heard several reasons that involve who makes it and where. But to be honest TO is the only dry food that I feel very comfortable with at this point. Orijen pulls a close second. Most other drys I do not feel as comfortable with. After the recall scare I have had the hardest time deciding on a food. But TO is working for us and is grain free. Though I hope Ping does not go on a dry strike or I will pull my hair out, say a few choice words, the go out and drop 15-16.00 on a bag of Orijen.

kittylover77

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Ping

I have heard several reasons that involve who makes it and where. But to be honest TO is the only dry food that I feel very comfortable with at this point. Orijen pulls a close second. Most other drys I do not feel as comfortable with. After the recall scare I have had the hardest time deciding on a food. But TO is working for us and is grain free. Though I hope Ping does not go on a dry strike or I will pull my hair out, say a few choice words, the go out and drop 15-16.00 on a bag of Orijen.
Oh wow, I haven't even heard of that!
My cats stopped eating TO after a week or so of me feeding it.

But out of all grain frees, I felt most comfy with its protein/fat %s.