Camping Kitty!

boog's mom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
This weekend, my husband and I went camping with some family/friends. We figured Pogue wouldn't like being home without us, so we brought him along. We knew he'd be a good camping candidate because he loves car rides, loves kids, and loves dogs.

This was "hike-in" camping, sort of. We packed in all our stuff and Pogue. He had to stay in his Pet Taxi until the tent was up, but then he had his own area with a litter box, bed, food/water dishes, and lots of toys. It was a little chilly, so I probably should have brought him a sweater, but he made do by climbing into the sleeping bags, or hanging out by the campfire with us.

He got his requisite "80% of the day" sleeping done, as well as chilled by the fire, went on a couple nature hikes (ok, he led me on his halter/leash), played with a puppy that the friends brought, and played mousie with the nephews in the tent.

I took a few cute photos that I have to post up to Photobucket so that I can share them with you all. My little boy is now a rugged camping man.
He had to get a bath when we got home last night though, as he (like us and everything else there) smelled like campfire.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That's amazing that you could take him camping! I'm looking forward to the pics too.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How exciting! We're planning on taking Harley out with us next weekend at our campsite here in town
I can't wait to see your pics!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

boog's mom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ok...I posted Pogue's camping pics up in the Fur Pictures area. Enjoy!