Please welcome Serafina!

familytimerags

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
We would like to introduce you to our newest addition to our family. Her name is Serafina, and she is a seal bicolor, her first show will be in July, we thought about showing her at the upcoming June show, but we wanted her to get used to her home, before taking her out. Funny, enough she has taken to her new home, like it has been hers forever. She is a big girl, and of course we hope she does well in her show career. She has many siblings who have done very well. I have uploaded one picture of her. She is 3.5 months old, and already over 4 lbs, at her last check up, so we think she is going to be a big girl. Her birthdate was 01/24/07, so she is almost 4 months old.

lnbandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ohhhh, what a beautiful big girl she is! And I just love her expression - it's kind of "of course I am a champion, so just give me my ribbon all ready!"
More photos please..and congratulations on Saraphina's arrival!

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Very pretty girl - hope she does well for you. I like the seal points the best. Was a lot of ragdolls at this past show - a red point kept taking a lot of ribbons, but personally I don't like that color on a ragdoll - not enough contrast IMO

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

familytimerags

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thank you all for your kind words!! We are so excited to have her in our family, and of course, we can't wait to see what the judges think of her. I will get more pictures over on to photobucket and upload a few, as you can imagine.

GK, I have seen the red family Ragdoll, flame, cream, tortie, and torbie, they are accepted by both TICA and CFA, but I am like you, the Seals and Blues are our passion, and that is what we will stay with. I don't know how new the DNA test for chocolate and lilac has been around, but from what I have seen in a majority is that most of the Ragdolls said to be a lilac or chocolate, have proved to only be a poorly colored Seal or Blue. I do know there are breeders out there working successfully with the chocolate and lilacs, but it may not be as many as one thinks. Seals are my favorite as well as Ashlan's we also love the mitteds(9), and Joey (7) likes the blues and bicolors best.

We have a member here with a (I hope I am correct) a flame Ragdoll Alter, who is QGC in TICA. He may be a cream, but I think the last pictures I saw, he had more of an orange look, which made me think flame. I haven't raised them, so I would have difficulty telling the flame and cream apart until they were a certain age. My friend also has a beautiful tortie bicolor, very unique markings she is also QGC, and seeing her at the shows, I have enjoyed seeing the judges look over the red family Ragdolls and start placing them. She is the number one Tortie Ragdoll in the world. I know she is proud of that. She has the wonderful Ragdoll personality, that is easy to fall in love with. Of course I am biased as we all are to our own breeds.

Thank you all for welcoming Serafina with us, we were very excited to show off our newest girl, and I believe TICA and CFA are calling, now lets cross our fingers they like what they see. She has very nice contrast, dark blue eye color, she has nice boning, and what was very nice to bring into our program is her profile, that includes a nice scoop and nice strong chin. She has a very nice package, and it is nice to have this nice addition.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
IMO the problem with red/cream points on a longhair, they blend in too much. Its not "ragdoll" looking to me. Guess I have to get used to it

Was 4 Raggie kittens, 9 Raggie adults, 4 Raggie alters
You'd have had a field day

marsch21

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
WOW! Stormi she is beautiful. I'm sure she'll do well for you. I love her expression.

Our Sundance is a Red mitted alter. Currently he is a QCHA in TICA. We took him back out this weekend where he got a 5th best AB.

We also took our Wild Bill who is a seal bi out and he received a 9th AB and 9th SP. This makes him a TGC. It's kinda funny one of the judges asked how much we weighed. When I told her 18lbs she asked if I could take him back to the ring cage. He was so much bigger than ony of the other 17 Ragdolls.

Looking forward to hearing about Serafina's show career.

familytimerags

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by marsch21

WOW! Stormi she is beautiful. I'm sure she'll do well for you. I love her expression.

Our Sundance is a Red mitted alter. Currently he is a QCHA in TICA. We took him back out this weekend where he got a 5th best AB.

We also took our Wild Bill who is a seal bi out and he received a 9th AB and 9th SP. This makes him a TGC. It's kinda funny one of the judges asked how much we weighed. When I told her 18lbs she asked if I could take him back to the ring cage. He was so much bigger than ony of the other 17 Ragdolls.

Looking forward to hearing about Serafina's show career.
Mark,

Thank you so much for your kind words, she came all the way from Manitoba from Angela. We thank her so much.
That is great Sundance is Quad, hopefully not too long before he is Supreme, or in Alter Division, do you they call that Premier? None the less it is a great accomplishment for you, Cassidy, and Sundance. I wasn't sure if he was a red or a cream, thank you for letting me know. I would love to see pictures.
Now for the other congrats, Great JOB, WILD BILL!!! That is wonderful that he is a TGC now, and wow, what a big boy he is, how old is he? He may top out at over 20 lbs!!
You should show us pictures!!
Please keep me updated on Calirags show career, I always like hearing how your babies, or should I say BIG babies are doing!!

Thank you all for Serafina's welcome, we can't wait to share her with you as she grows!!

celestialrags

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

Very pretty girl - hope she does well for you. I like the seal points the best. Was a lot of ragdolls at this past show - a red point kept taking a lot of ribbons, but personally I don't like that color on a ragdoll - not enough contrast IMO
I also don't care (as much) for the reds, creams, ect ragdolls. I like the seals and blues so much, I don't think I will ever work with the non-traditional lines. I would like to work with the chocolates and lilacs, but as stormi mentioned, they tend to be more poorly colored verses being truely colored as chocolate or lilac. I would like to find a sucsessful breeder of them some day, and mabey add a lilac to my program some day.

Stormi, I love serafina! She is absolutly beautiful! My favorite, seal bi! I do like the mitteds as a pretty close secound! So, welcome to miss Serafina, and I can't wait to see all your ribbons when you take first in all your shows!

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Stormi...CONGRATS on Miss Serafina. What a beauty!
But I can't believe that she's only 4 months old. She looks so big and beautiful already, it's amazing!

13 pound Cousin Smudge sends his regards, LOL.

familytimerags

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thank you Leslie and Kim!! Serafina and the pride, send their love. Serafina is a big girl, and comes from big lines, so it is nice to see her with this nice large boning. We hope to see her at least Grand, but there is a lot of nice competition, but I also want to help see her Dad get a DM in TICA, and I think he is pretty close. We are so happy to have her here with us, she will debut at a TICA show the first weekend in July.
Smudge is getting to be a big boy, just wait that is what our 18 lb Toulouse was his first year, but he kept on a growing. The first 2 years was when we saw the most growth, and then it was a couple of pounds the last couple of years, and he really did take all the way until he was 2 to get that full matured color. You live in a cooler climate, I would guess, so temperature will play a factor, because of being a pointed cat.
We are in love, and she is as Ragdoll as one would expect, a constant lovebug, and sleeps belly up, with a purr box that stays on continuous play.

We are staying traditional as well right now, seal and blue only. In the future we may go into chocolate or lilacs, but are passion is the seals and blues. My good friend just got the news that her tortie bicolor Ragdoll, got RW, and of course, #1 Tortie Bicolor in the world, I am very happy for her, and I know how excited she must be. A beautiful girl, and I would say she was ever bit 15+ pounds, she has made it to Quad in TICA, and I want to say Grand in CFA, but I don't remember her CFA results.

Leslie, email me when you can, I was reading that there are only 31 CFA Breed Council Members, if we want to see any changes come to our mitted and colorpoint, we have to help be a part of that change. I believe the requirements are cattery registration, at least 2 litters registered in CFA, and I also want to say a cat shown to Grand or better, I will need to check the information a little clearer, and we may have someone who knows this, but I have the information here somewhere. A type Ragdoll, even mitted, shouldn't look anything like a Birman, and a type Ragdoll that is colorpoint, shouldn't look like a Persian/Himalayan, and if a CFA shows comes to town, call or email the entry clerk and let them know you want to show AOV, and see if they will lower the price for an AOV, I am hearing a few have done this. I am just biding my time waiting for the next CFA show, but I am going to try to work towards joining the CFA Ragdoll breed council, for every Ragdoll breeder who wants a change in CFA needs to show we want it. I was shocked to hear only 31 members, and we have around 600 Ragdoll breeders. It now clears up why CFA isn't bothering to change things, we as Ragdoll breeders are not trying to change and show why it should be changed. Also if you became a TICA member, let me know so you can get on the TICA breed discussion board, as they just voted in a new change in wording on patterns for showing our Ragdolls. PM or email me and I will let you know what the TICA judges will read, when judging our Ragdolls on color and pattern, the wording has changed, and the vote has already been cast, the new wording is in. I think this is just the first phase of the Ragdoll standard being reworded, I think many judges are complaining of excess wording in our standard and want it all more simplified, so I think we may see more wording change as they go through the standard. Your vote counts too, as long as you also have membership with TICA, not just your cattery prefix registered in TICA.
Ok, off soapbox...LOL I just wanted to update you, as I know you are showing now, and let you know about CFA, and that it would be nice to see more Ragdoll breeders become active, as I really would not have guessed 31.

Hope all is doing well, furry and non-furry. I am doing much better, I have even did a little gardening, which was really nice to be out. I hope you enjoy the upcoming weekend!!

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A little hijack...

Hey Stormi, I'm glad you're feeling better. I thought of you the other night when Smudge jumped RIGHT onto my tummy in the middle of the night. Fortunately for me, MY incision was not on my tummy.

Be well.

Kim.

familytimerags

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kluchetta

A little hijack...

Hey Stormi, I'm glad you're feeling better. I thought of you the other night when Smudge jumped RIGHT onto my tummy in the middle of the night. Fortunately for me, MY incision was not on my tummy.

Be well.

Kim.
Thank you, Kim, you are so sweet, I also hope you are doing well. I am healing up, somedays the process seems to slow, especially with nice weather, and wanting to garden, and go on the long family walks and bike rides, but it won't be much longer before I will be back up and going. I think jumping on laying unsuspecting humans needs to be disclosed as a trait of Ragdolls, Toulouse, did walk on it and hit it one of the first nights home, and Serafina is a cuddler, she wants to be ON you, if she isn't ON you, she is a boomerang until you let her ON you. She is very persistant about her love, so she has also pounced on my tummy a couple of times, but it goes with the territory. Same goes with kids, I swear if there is a place that hurts, kids are like magnets to it. They try to be careful, but it just happens, they are going to forget and come jump or climb, or something, so I have just learned after breaking my thumb, and then my wrist and scaphoid and having the 2 abdominal surgeries now, that it will become a magnet to the kids and our pets. It is one of those mysterious things that can't be proven, but then again I haven't been able to disprove it...LOL

I hope you are healing quickly, and are more patient than I am. I have a million things I want to do and can't do them. Of course, I can now write a book on 101 pointless things to do when you are bored and on restrictions. I am sure you are too figuring this out. My prayers are with you.
Hugs to you and the furry and unfurry family.