Favourite Jeans....?

fred&nermal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
In the vein of "what type of what do you like best", what jeans have you found to be the most comfortable and flattering?

I've had some luck recently with Mavi.

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The Gap's Long and Lean are wonderful, and they also FIT ME!

My "fashion forward" pair are from American Apparel. They are the painted on slim leg ones, and I love them.

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Glo, I just
em
I have like 6 pairs all different colors (although only one fits right now
I hate gaining weight
)

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
I dont weat the fashion label jeans as they are a bit expensive and only for skinny people. But the shape i like are sore of low rise ones (well cover my tummy and butt but i dont like the waist up to my boobs!) slightly flared and a nice fit around my butt and thighs. I dont like those skin tight jeans, but i dont want baggy. Im not fond of too many pockets or stitching either.

Not picky

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Dragoriana

I dont weat the fashion label jeans as they are a bit expensive and only for skinny people. But the shape i like are sore of low rise ones (well cover my tummy and butt but i dont like the waist up to my boobs!) slightly flared and a nice fit around my butt and thighs. I dont like those skin tight jeans, but i dont want baggy. Im not fond of too many pockets or stitching either.

Not picky
U put that great, I have many pairs of jeans but it seems the only one that fits "right" is the glo and it covers all of that
But I like lots of "flare" at the bottom ( I dont like straight legged pants
)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

fred&nermal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Is flare at the bottom still in? This flatters my shape best, but I'm not sure if it's "in" anymore. I have no clue! Tight around the ankles always has made be look hippy. Plus it's so constraining. Thought I left that style behind back in high school, but it's reared it's head again!

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Well i dont mean traditional flares from the knees down, just sort of near the bottom of the leg. I dont like skinny jeans either. And i try to wear dark blue/gray or black.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'd love to wear jeans, but denim is so heavy and hot and stiff! If only they made a super-lightweight version...

whosamyhercules

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I love LEI but since I had my daughters I cant wear them anymore because they make my c section scar ache really bad...IDK why this happens but its really weird...I loveee American Eagle jeans I can get them really cheap at Value City so it makes me really happy that I dont have to spend 44.50 or higher on a pair of jeans. I have a hard time finding jeans cuz my torso is very short but my legs are long. I always have to get low rise and long length. Pac Sun and Delias are great..but I can only get a pair of those once in a blue moon...

lemur 6

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Request Jeans. Unfortunately, the company went out of business many years ago.

Now I have to settle for Arizona wide legs, which are becoming increasingly rare, and in a complete emergency I'll settle for Bullhead boot cuts.

Originally Posted by Fred&Nermal

Is flare at the bottom still in? This flatters my shape best, but I'm not sure if it's "in" anymore. I have no clue! Tight around the ankles always has made be look hippy. Plus it's so constraining. Thought I left that style behind back in high school, but it's reared it's head again!
I wear wide leg jeans exclusively. I think I'm the only person that does anymore. Request jeans had 24-30" leg openings. I completely agree with you on the tight around the ankles jeans, absolute no-go.

Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

I'd love to wear jeans, but denim is so heavy and hot and stiff! If only they made a super-lightweight version...
Oh my, you sound like you were never given the chance to wear a well worn and broken in pair of jeans. They are the softest, most comfortable pair of pants you'll ever wear. Get a set of looser fitting jeans and wear them day in and day out for about 3 months, make sure you do a lot of running around and playing rough (grass, sand, woods, you name it). They'll mellow like a good whiskey.

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As my belly has grown to a 34 inch waist, I have given up on "flattering" and go with what fits and is comfortable.

I tend to only buy men's jeans now, 34" x 30", relaxed style.

I once had a 26 inch waist. It seems so very far away now.

emrldsky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My most comfortable and flattering jeans are american eagle jeans. However, since I have lost some weight, they only fit really well the first hour after they've been freshly washed and dried, lol. After that, they are baggy.

I'm waiting until they are baggy the moment I slip them on after washing and drying before I buy new ones. I'd rather know that they are too big right away before being disappointed that they are just old. *snicker*

My fear is that tapered jeans will come back into "style." I have wide hips and a full rear, so straight legged or tapered make my butt and hips look much larger. Also, I hope that the style isn't to the waist again, because then I'll look as if I'm wearing "mom" jeans.

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wear LEI and whatever is on sale and fits good. My absolute favorites though are Paris Blues. I love 'em! I have like 4 pairs that I have worn holes into. And ripped belt loops off of. I gotta get some more!

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't wear jeans, mostly cords or pants... not dressy. But I rarely wear jeans. They don't fit.

When I do buy a pair once a century they're Old Navy or NY&Co. Since they are the only ones that fit me.

Bad news, tapered jeans already are back in style. Gross.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I LIVE in jeans!!!! I have no particular brand that I love, I just generally go for low rise bootcut jeans. My waist is quite small compared to my larger bum and thighs, but I find these suit me well.

At the moment I'm wearing maternity jeans and oh man they are awesome! I found a heap that I REALLY liked, fit me really well, and are sooooo comfy, particularly in my current state! They were only $40 as well!

Why can't all jeans come with a stretchy, drawstring waist?

I actually think my new maternity outfits looks much better than what I was wearing pre-pregnancy...