What kind of purse do you carry?

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, I'm looking for another purse
And to be honest, I don't know what the fashion is now.... can you guys tell or show me what kind of purse you have?

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is my work purse:

http://www.coach.com/content/product...ategory_id=892

Its NOT a Coach tho- mine is a knock off that I got for $40
Anyways, I love it because its got so much room, & I'm able to fit anything I need in there- from work files I had to bring home, to everything under the sun that I carry around from day to day.

I have a casual purse too, its a slouchy bag like this one, but its cloth, not leather, from Old Navy...

http://www.oldnavy.com/browse/produc...scid=485641012

Its kinda like that one- but its solid blue- I like it, cuz I can just throw it in the washer for easy clean. But I'm really in love with slouchy bags, they hold everything- and are stylish

happy cat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I carry a Louis Vuitton speedy bag, the medium size one, monogram logo.

and I also use a Harvey's Original Seatbelt Bag, the large tote size. It's awesome.

I don't know if either of these is in style, but I like them both.

whosamyhercules

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Im a fan of American Eagle and Aeropostale purses...I almost never use them tho...Im more of a back pocket user...But thats probably how I always end up losing my ID and stuff...LOL!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bonnie1965

I'm no help, I carry a black backpack from Walmart
That's what I was thinking about getting. I seen a small leather one the other day and I'm kickin myself for not getting it

fred&nermal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Buying a purse is as hard as buying jeans in my opinion. I prefer a long strap, and the new purses these days seem to have short straps that would make your bag hang just under your armpit. Not a fan of that.

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
It seems you guys all call your handbag a purse! (i call a purse the tiny thing i carry all my cards and money in) I have many different bags depending on my mood or if i am going shopping or not. I have a small black and gold Nightmare before Christmas bag which can be formal as well because it's shiny and pretty, i use that if im just going somewhere but not buying stuff or to an interview. I have a canvas black and white skull bag
which carries tonnes of stuff so thats for shopping and also a shiny brown bag with a really long strap which is for shopping OR interviews OR formal stuff.

Only three though

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have this one (Got it for the wedding) well mine is similar its sort of different but the same style so to speak! (hey the one I got zippered this one doesnt thats the only differnce, I have sneaky kitties that love to go in my purse)
http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html...sin=B000IVKSRG

and I got a different one and I cant find it
Yes I searched for it
I will have to take a pic to show u!

My mom though has gotten a nice blue on though today at the flea market it was nice

Also I have a rip off of LV and it has cherries on it

BTW I am very choosy on purses and I used to hate carrying them but i have too
But it takes me a while to decide unless there is one that I like a lot loL!

And of course I have my playboy bunny one

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A neon-green yakpak handbag currently. I also have a leather fringed handmade (by mom) purse and a secondhand beige fringed affair that my sister would burn if I let her (it's dirty and gross but I love it anyway). And sundry backpacks / messenger bags.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm infamous for carrying huge, heavy purses. My standard line, when people comment, is "It's not just a purse -- it's a fitness program."

Right now, what I'm using is actually a laptop bag I found cheap at Walmart! I don't own a laptop, but the padded section that's intended for it works great for papers I don't want to have to fold...or for two paperbacks side by side... or one paperback and my glucose monitor... it's just a nice safe place that I enjoy having. And the rest of the bag is set up perfectly as a purse, so it works out fine.

I just went and weighed my purse: slightly under 17 pounds.

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am not that picky at all, just something big enough that looks good. Now my Youngest is addicted to Purses
I don't get it, she has probably 6 that cost over $250.00 each
I can't see that myself.

muttigreemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know if I'll be much help... I'm known for carrying just the oddest handbags. The one I have right now is by Bracciano.. I found it at a little mom 'n pop shop that sells really unique things. I'm not one that deals much in labels (actually I just checked who made my purse just so I could help a little by giving you a name
).. I just find the funkiest purse... the one that makes me go "YEAH! That's so much fun!" That does have it's drawbacks tho... with my latest bag I can't leave the house without someone stopping me to ask where I got it
Sheesh, sometimes I'm in a rush and don't have time to chat!

So, in an attempt to be a little bit of help... I do have two rules when choosing a bag:

1. Must be a hand bag. I hate shoulder bags... they drive me insane because they never stay on my shoulder.
2. Must be big enough to carry at least the basic necessities (keys, wallet, phone, smokes, pens, glasses) but not SO big that it takes 3 hours to dig to the bottom to find something.

And that's about the jist of it. HTH!

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Dragoriana

It seems you guys all call your handbag a purse! (i call a purse the tiny thing i carry all my cards and money in) I have many different bags depending on my mood or if i am going shopping or not. I have a small black and gold Nightmare before Christmas bag which can be formal as well because it's shiny and pretty, i use that if im just going somewhere but not buying stuff or to an interview. I have a canvas black and white skull bag
which carries tonnes of stuff so thats for shopping and also a shiny brown bag with a really long strap which is for shopping OR interviews OR formal stuff.

Only three though
Yah I think it's an American thing.... To me I carry my cards and money in my purse which I keep in a handbag.

But anyway, I generally just throw my purse (the money carrying thing) and keys and stuff into my work laptop bag during the week, then when I go elsewhere, just carry what I need in my hands.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
For summer the fanny pack ... I got a nice sized one at shopko for 6 bucks... it has a space to hold my palm pilot .... a pen holder a hook for my tape measure and a hook for keys

artharitis

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I carry a diff purse each day depending on what colors my outfit is. Most often dior, marc jacob, or the trusty chanel. I'm neurotic about matching.