Neutered cat spraying (my gramma's cat)

ladycat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
my gramma's cat is a neutered male and who has been spraying in the box. She's looked every where but here & the vet said there was nothing to do. He does share the litter box with one other cat who is female but they have grown up together and he has been getting aggressive toward her. Any suggestions or does anyone know what's going on? they are bother 2-3 years old.

beandip

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would add a box - or two. Things can change at any time...and sometimes the reason isn't obvious to us. An extra box might help.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ladycat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
she says it's def not just pee, it has that funky smell and different texture she said

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
if its a different texture, he may have crystals, she needs to get him to a vet.

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ladycat

she says it's def not just pee, it has that funky smell and different texture she said
Smell combined with the behaviour change you mentioned, I would take him to the vet to check for UTI/crystals.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Get him to the vet immediately for UTI - if he gets blocked, he will die quickly. Sounds like some kind of infection IMO

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ladycat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
well I emailed her this morning so hopefully she will take care of that, after all the behavior and what not (can anyone say Nuit?!). She didn't seem to thing the 2nd box would help and he would take over that one to which he now did with the food bowl as well.