peeing kitty

boots

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi there and big thank you in advance for this wonderful helpful site. My lil cat socks is due 2 be spayed on tuesday shes in heat at the moment n locked up in house but for last couple of months nmot constant maybe once or twice a month the lil minx has peed on my bed n im not talking lil sprinkle but like soaked i keep getting new duvets but shes still doing it do you think its because shes distressed as shes in heat shes usually great with her litter box sometimes she missed the box n poops over the side its getting really annoying as shes so affectionate n loveable but the smell n arghhh buyin constant new duvets the woman in the shop must think im a right freak haha help!! xx

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by boots

do you think its because shes distressed as shes in heat
More than likely, that's the reason. It's not at all uncommon for unspayed females to pee on things.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

boots

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
it is always on my bed which is next 2 my window what a night i had 3 male cats outside my back garden meowing at all the hours think 3am was last time i was awoken thank goodness her spaying is tommorrow morning hehe xx

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Get a deeper/larger litter box and have her checked for UTI when she's spayed. It could be cause in heat, but check out the other things.

bonnie1965

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, I agree. Have her checked. Also, if she is peeing on your bed which is near the windows where the toms are, she is advertising her readiness to mate. Good luck with the spay and thanks so much for doing this for your little girl
She'll be happier and healthier in the long run. Plus, the people at the store will stop thinking you have a duvet fetish

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes I agree it could be because she is in heat, but you should mention it to the vet and she can be tested for a UTI while she is in. Good luck!

P.S. Please use punctuation when you post. It is really hard to read one chunk of words, all lower case with no break or punctuation.