Stray - Fur loss & may be pregnant

notme1295

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
A few weeks ago a young black cat was walking inbetween my house and my neighbor's. I picked her up and noticed she was not in the best of shape. She was missing the hair above her eyes, and she had a slice of hair missing between her ears (like she had crawled under a fence or something and lost the hair). She was HORRIBLY skinny. Her coat was dull and flaky. She had a few sores around her neck. What would have caused her to lose the hair over her eyes? Just living outdoors and having it rough?

She has rounded out in the stomach, quite a bit I've noticed in the last week. Her appetite has been huge ever since I brought her in, but I thought that was because she was starving. Now I am concerned she might be pregnant. She's been inside for nearly a month now, and has not been in heat during this time. My cats are fixed. THanks!

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by notme1295

A few weeks ago a young black cat was walking inbetween my house and my neighbor's. I picked her up and noticed she was not in the best of shape. She was missing the hair above her eyes, and she had a slice of hair missing between her ears (like she had crawled under a fence or something and lost the hair). She was HORRIBLY skinny. Her coat was dull and flaky. She had a few sores around her neck. What would have caused her to lose the hair over her eyes? Just living outdoors and having it rough?

She has rounded out in the stomach, quite a bit I've noticed in the last week. Her appetite has been huge ever since I brought her in, but I thought that was because she was starving. Now I am concerned she might be pregnant. She's been inside for nearly a month now, and has not been in heat during this time. My cats are fixed. THanks!
She could be pregnant...OR.....she could have a really bad case of worms. Either way, it would be best to take her into the vet so that they can tell you whether she is pregnant or not. The gestation period for a cat is around 68 days so it's possible she was pregnant when you brought her in. Has she seen a vet at all?

Katie

lnbandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope that you do take this stray to a vet ASAP. It sounds like you have sort of adopted her, if you have had her indoors for a month. If she is interacting with your other cats, you really should have her vet checked!