New tattoo idea, what u guys think?

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love tigers ecs white tigers, and for my next tattoo I wanted something with tigers, and well I think it would look weird with just a head of the tiger
I am weird I know, but I found this picture tonite

I am wondering what your opinions are on it? Also it will be on my lower back and I am not getting it until june/july! (It is my present to my self after I graduate)

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Having already discussed this idea myself with at least two artists, one an internationally reknown award winner, I have had to discard the idea.

White ink is ok for accenting something a little bit, but doesn't represent well over a large area of skin.

I say if you want a tiger tat, go for the orange and black.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GingersMom

Having already discussed this idea myself with at least two artists, one an internationally reknown award winner, I have had to discard the idea.

White ink is ok for accenting something a little bit, but doesn't represent well over a large area of skin.

I say if you want a tiger tat, go for the orange and black.
I don't think the white would be a good idea, if you were going to do anything ilke that, do the orange & black, for sure!

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
And consider the placement a little bit. Your lower back is an odd place for that much detail and also for faces (it's the skin on your body that stretches the most on a regular basis).

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you can find an artist that is talented enough, you could do sort of a grayscale "black and white" with just black ink and fancy shading to give the illusion that it is a white tiger.

bonnie1965

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know much about tats. The photo is lovely though. I can see why white ink may not be the way to go. A good artist will be able to tell you the pros and cons.
My sis just had a black line drawing done in a floral pattern all across her lower back. It covered another tat she did ages ago for a boyfriend. It looks beautiful just the way it is but she plans to fill in the colors over time.

As for the stretching, that reminds me of a young woman I knew at my last job. She was about 20 and wanted to get a tat of a leaping dolphin tattooed around her navel. All we older women laughed! Then explained to her that a dolphin would be adorable there now on her flat little tummy but when she was 9 months pregnant it would turn into something resembling a blue whale. I ran into her a year or so ago and she had just given birth to healthy twin boys. She was ever so glad she decided to not get the dolphin tat
This isn't saying everyone stretches the same, just a cute story

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanx every one, I am still going to do more searches, I have seen that they have done white tigers before but I guess it all really depends, I have been going back and forth in my mind though about it, and well I am tiny my luck it wouldnt fit
I dont want it really big, but they do have many books there I remember when my mom got hers that I sat in the room looking through the books! But what I have seen in their books was cool, I remember seeing one with the head and then a paw print underneat! But I also seen one that was tribal like but in the middle was a white tigers head! I am def going to have to talk to them about it! I do have some time though
That and a lot of deciding on things, because I am getting some sort of memorial tattoo for my pap, I cant decide if I want angel wings and his name in the middle or a rosarie with his name next to it
tough decision

Also my shoulder has paw prints, and then my other shoulder is undecided

Also I knew bout the belly and strething, I did want one on my tummy, and I said I am gonna wait till after I have kids lol! I feel bad for my one friend though she has like 3 around her tummy abdomen area (mostly the parts that will stretch) and shes preggy

But thank u everyone for all that great input

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ProudKittieMom

Thanx every one, I am still going to do more searches, I have seen that they have done white tigers before but I guess it all really depends, I have been going back and forth in my mind though about it, and well I am tiny my luck it wouldnt fit
I dont want it really big, but they do have many books there I remember when my mom got hers that I sat in the room looking through the books! But what I have seen in their books was cool, I remember seeing one with the head and then a paw print underneat! But I also seen one that was tribal like but in the middle was a white tigers head! I am def going to have to talk to them about it! I do have some time though
That and a lot of deciding on things, because I am getting some sort of memorial tattoo for my pap, I cant decide if I want angel wings and his name in the middle or a rosarie with his name next to it
tough decision

Also my shoulder has paw prints, and then my other shoulder is undecided

Also I knew bout the belly and strething, I did want one on my tummy, and I said I am gonna wait till after I have kids lol! I feel bad for my one friend though she has like 3 around her tummy abdomen area (mostly the parts that will stretch) and shes preggy

But thank u everyone for all that great input
Someone has a rosary on their foot
maybe Nicole Richie I can't remember
. That's awesome that you are going to do that memorial for your Pap