What a piece of "kitty crunchie"!!!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I was 20 miles from home today when my car overheated!
:censor::censor::censor::censor::censor::censor::censor: piece of
!! We just had a fligging 100,000 mile check done on it 2 fliggin weeks ago!!!
Thank god I was following my friend. We walked a block to someone we know's house. Chilled there, went back & moved the car to the friend's house(not even a block). It's there overnight...dad & I are gonna go try to fix it tomorrow!

It was leaking anti-freeze! We've put $2,000 into this piece ot "kitty crunchie" in the past 3 months. It was :censor::censor::censor::censor::censor::censor::censor::censor: leaking anti-freeze 2 months ago into the oil & they fixed it!

I am just so peeved, no livid. I mean, the engine is now making funny noises....possibly something blocked in there. We're looking at more big $$ to fix this blasted pile of junk. This car has been nothing but a PITA, we've got more in repairs on it than we payed to buy the dang thing!!!

Took a leap of faith on a Pontiac Grand Am. Never again own a Pontiac. EVER!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
awww natalie honey- i understand how frusterating car issues can be i hope ya'll are able to fix it inexpensively. (fingers crossed!!!!). perhaps once ya'll fix it you can trade it in before something else major needs to be replaced? Carmax is pretty good about stuff like that if you have one near you.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh that would make me mad too Natalie! How old is it? I have a 05 Pontiac Grand Prix, and never had a problem with it in the almost 2 years I've had it

Hope you can fix it for cheaper than what your thinking!

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Check your receipts for the work you had done -- those repairs could still be under warranty. And even if they aren't, you might go tell your story to the management, anyway... you might be able to persuade them to help you out with a discount, at least.

As the one-time owner of a 1975 Chevy Vega, the car with the amazing aluminum engine block that melted down the instant the odometer ticked over to 50,000 miles, I deeply sympathize with your frustration. Good luck!

littleraven7726

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
we have a '99 grand am. i feel your pain. we've put at least $3000 into it since we bought it in fall 2004. it's almost paid off and we're thinking of trading it in for a honda. it runs great, but has had nothing but problems with the AC. and once again, this spring the AC isn't working again. not good when you live in iowa.
summers here are HOT. this time they couldn't figure out where it's leaking and put the dye into it. we've already replaced the compressor and control unit. what next?

the only things going for ours are it runs great & it has low mileage. other than that...it's a piece.
how we ended up with our pontiac is a long story involving the dealer selling us an oldsmobile whose tranny blew 3 days after purchase.

taterbug

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

I was 20 miles from home today when my car overheated!
:censor::censor::censor::censor::censor::censor::censor: piece of
!! We just had a fligging 100,000 mile check done on it 2 fliggin weeks ago!!!
Thank god I was following my friend. We walked a block to someone we know's house. Chilled there, went back & moved the car to the friend's house(not even a block). It's there overnight...dad & I are gonna go try to fix it tomorrow!

It was leaking anti-freeze! We've put $2,000 into this piece ot "kitty crunchie" in the past 3 months. It was :censor::censor::censor::censor::censor::censor::censor::censor: leaking anti-freeze 2 months ago into the oil & they fixed it!

I am just so peeved, no livid. I mean, the engine is now making funny noises....possibly something blocked in there. We're looking at more big $$ to fix this blasted pile of junk. This car has been nothing but a PITA, we've got more in repairs on it than we payed to buy the dang thing!!!

Took a leap of faith on a Pontiac Grand Am. Never again own a Pontiac. EVER!
If they found anti freeze in your oil,and they "only changed" the oil after repairing the leak,the engine is probably seized! Anti freeze has to be flushed completely out of the interior of the motor! Check your receipts and see if they flushed out the motor when they changed the oil!

rubsluts'mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I sympathize... a year ago I bought a Chevy van to move myself and the furkids out here to Portland. In five months, I soaked about 4K into it. It finally crapped out on another road trip (no kitties this time, visitng parents) and hit the Chevy dealership... figuring THEY might have parts... nope... would take them days to get them. I traded (if you can call the cost of the new tires I had just put on the trade cost) for a recently traded in 2000 Ford Explorer... lousy gas mileage, but low miles and runs a ton better then that Chevy every did.

Chevy's are not that tough... really.

taterbug

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

Check your receipts for the work you had done -- those repairs could still be under warranty. And even if they aren't, you might go tell your story to the management, anyway... you might be able to persuade them to help you out with a discount, at least.

As the one-time owner of a 1975 Chevy Vega, the car with the amazing aluminum engine block that melted down the instant the odometer ticked over to 50,000 miles, I deeply sympathize with your frustration. Good luck!
I remember those! Beautiful little cars...but those aluminum blocks were the worst invention ever!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ours is a '99 Grand Am, too!!! We bought the piece of junk in 2002 or 2003.

I talked to dad, we're gonna eat lunch & go take a look at it. We might end up with two new car loans at once!
Just bought a nice Impala....but if we need another car, it'll be a cheapie one.... I guess I don't care. Whatever we buy, it sure as heck won't ever be a Pontiac!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Ours is a '99 Grand Am, too!!! We bought the piece of junk in 2002 or 2003.

I talked to dad, we're gonna eat lunch & go take a look at it. We might end up with two new car loans at once!
Just bought a nice Impala....but if we need another car, it'll be a cheapie one.... I guess I don't care. Whatever we buy, it sure as heck won't ever be a Pontiac!
Thats too bad Natalie, I've had nothing but good luck with mine. Hopefully I'll have better luck with mine, I think everyone has problems with cars, no matter what they are! Good luck finding a new one.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It's parked at the dealership/repair shop. Tomorrow, hopefully they can fix it for cheap.

littleraven7726

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

It's parked at the dealership/repair shop. Tomorrow, hopefully they can fix it for cheap.
i know how you feel. we ran our AC yesterday. yep, it's leaking somewhere. the AC isn't working again.
stupid car. we're going to take it in and at least have them figure out what the problem is. we've already decided we're not replacing another $500-$800 car part. which i'm sure is what it will be.

we went looking at cars yesterday.
hondas are looking pretty good right now. we're probably not buying american again. our saturn was a money pit worse than our current car (the pontiac).

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can sympathize. My piece of junk is in the shop every 4 or 5 months for something, but I can't afford a new one, so have to just keep squeeking by. it's infuriating.

Hope it works out.